Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wnt
    • Sep 2014

Age-associated inflammation inhibits epidermal stem cell function

This article by a group of British/Irish scientists working in Spain was overlooked for almost 2 years, and provides evidence to the link between inflammation, JAK inhibitors and MPB.

There are two trials for AA running at Yale and Columbia, but nobody has started researching this for MPB seriously. I wonder if the group in Spain could benefit from crowd funding.

I know a group of friends in Switzerland have made a group buy of tofacitinib and are getting promising results at 3 weeks (complete stop of hair loss). One of them is updating in hairlosshelp forum.

I am going to start trialling curcumin (turmeric) or Brevilin A (litsea glutinosa), both natural products with similar activity, on myself! I am delaying my scheduled hair transplant for half a year
  • Wnt
    • Sep 2014

Here is a pdf of the paper. A patent was granted on the base of this findings in Europe.

Comment

• Hairismylife
      • Jun 2012

Tofacitinib is too risky to use. It can change the immune system and causes many disease/

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Hairismylife
        Tofacitinib is too risky to use. It can change the immune system and causes many disease/
        Not so much topically, but then again nobody has bothered to try it even after studies have been published for topical use.

Comment

• chinesescrub
          • Dec 2014

help me please

Erm I'm terribly sorry I'm new here and I don't know how to start my own thread can someone teach me?

Comment

• inbrugge
            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
            Not so much topically, but then again nobody has bothered to try it even after studies have been published for topical use.
            hey man, i know this is probably like my 50th time asking you, but I don't remember seeing your answer. Has your tofacitinib arrived yet? Any news about it from the customs?

Where'd you get a hold of some?

Also, did you give up on dermarolling? I just got a 3mm dermaroller and I'm willing to take the pain about once a month. What would you say is the best plan of action before and after a deep dermarolling to facilitate the desired repair mechanisms?

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by inbrugge
              hey man, i know this is probably like my 50th time asking you, but I don't remember seeing your answer. Has your tofacitinib arrived yet? Any news about it from the customs?

Where'd you get a hold of some?

Also, did you give up on dermarolling? I just got a 3mm dermaroller and I'm willing to take the pain about once a month. What would you say is the best plan of action before and after a deep dermarolling to facilitate the desired repair mechanisms?
              My Tofacitinib got seized by customs, sent out for testing, apparently got released/sent to some warehouse back to Fedex. I've never received it though.

Here's the thing; I think Tofa upregulates CD200 cells. But thats only one thing that needs upregulation for hair to grow... CD34+ cells also need upregulation, which I've just recently stumbled upon this study:
              Entecavir (ETV) has been used for more than 2 decades in treating hepatitis B virus (HBV) infections. It has shown significant anti-HBV effect and has led to histological improvement in the liver of chronic hepatitis B (CHB) patients. In patients treated with ETV for over two years, reversal of cirr …

The two in combination could do something positive.

Have I given up on dermarolling? No. But I dont go crazy with it either, I just use it to improve efficacy of the topicals I use (RU and CB).

Comment

• Saltynuts
                • Dec 2013

" know a group of friends in Switzerland have made a group buy of tofacitinib and are getting promising results at 3 weeks (complete stop of hair loss). One of them is updating in hairlosshelp forum. "

WNT, is that topical or oral tofacinib?

Thanks.

Comment

• Wnt
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Saltynuts
                  " know a group of friends in Switzerland have made a group buy of tofacitinib and are getting promising results at 3 weeks (complete stop of hair loss). One of them is updating in hairlosshelp forum. "

WNT, is that topical or oral tofacinib?

Thanks.
                  I think they did a topical

Comment

• Hairismylife
                    • Jun 2012

I believe in this two cells but Tofa is a dangerous drug, not sure about topical but apparently Ru is safer but one cannot substitute each other coz of different mechanism. We really need something that works and basically safe. Bim and sm04554 should be here asap!!!

Comment

Working...