• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HairlossAt15
    • May 2013

A PGD2 blocker (GPR44 blocker) which has finished phase III trials

Hey guys,

Here is a blocker which has already been through phase 3 trials :

Doesn't this mean it is safe and could easily be turned into a lotion etc for hairloss?

If anyone has any contacts with major hairloss researchers it would be great if you could ask if they know about this drug. Feel free to comment with your thoughts as well.
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Originally posted by HairlossAt15
    Hey guys,

Here is a blocker which has already been through phase 3 trials :

Doesn't this mean it is safe and could easily be turned into a lotion etc for hairloss?

If anyone has any contacts with major hairloss researchers it would be great if you could ask if they know about this drug. Feel free to comment with your thoughts as well.
    OC459 has been on sale for a while from Kane. It is expensive though. Dr. George Cotsarelis mentioned asthma drugs being potential candidates for a treatment against hair loss. View the video from Desmond here:

However, seeing it finish Phase III trials is a good sign, potentially allowing us to make cheap home made topicals as the current black market prices are outrageous.

Comment

• HairlossAt15
      • May 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
      OC459 has been on sale for a while from Kane. It is expensive though. Dr. George Cotsarelis mentioned asthma drugs being potential candidates for a treatment against hair loss. View the video from Desmond here:

However, seeing it finish Phase III trials is a good sign, potentially allowing us to make cheap home made topicals as the current black market prices are outrageous.
      Yep but he said that all were abandoned, maybe he was not aware of this company.

Comment

• Hairismylife
        • Jun 2012

Great news!!!Can we see this as a game changer?

Comment

• joachim
          • May 2014

what do we know about side effects from OC?
          do we have details to the studies where sides and efficacy are mentioned?

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Originally posted by joachim
            what do we know about side effects from OC?
            do we have details to the studies where sides and efficacy are mentioned?
            There's this:

Comment

• burtandernie
              • Nov 2012

Doesnt that kind of imply it actually works or does something for MPB? Is there any proof of that yet? Its hard for me to believe stuff like this is through phase 3 and no one noticed yet that it grows back hair or stops hair loss yet. I mean that pgd 2 discovery you would think might tip them off to pay attention to these drugs whether they grow hair or not

Comment

• burtandernie
                • Nov 2012

I just find it hard to believe that if it grew or stopped hair loss that none of these companies decided to also approve it for hair loss.

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by burtandernie
                  I just find it hard to believe that if it grew or stopped hair loss that none of these companies decided to also approve it for hair loss.
                  Never underestimate the predictability of human stupidity.

Comment

• kmit028
                    • Feb 2013

OC is nothing new

For you guys that are interested in trying this, have a look here (and read the whole thread please)

It is the best thread on OC

Comment

• HairlossAt15
                      • May 2013

The drug was taken orally in the studies perhaps it need to be applied closer to the follicle, Garza has said PG's are very close to the follicle thats why transplanted hairs dont get affected by them. As for the black market drugs.. you can hardly trust the results the product was probably phony or not properly handled.

Comment

• Swooping
                        • May 2014

Originally posted by HairlossAt15
                        The drug was taken orally in the studies perhaps it need to be applied closer to the follicle, Garza has said PG's are very close to the follicle thats why transplanted hairs dont get affected by them. As for the black market drugs.. you can hardly trust the results the product was probably phony or not properly handled.
                        Actually they can be trusted. Since when do HPLC, HNMR , MS etc lie?

Comment

• The Alchemist
                          • Mar 2011

The contract lab creates one small batch of high purity stuff, generates MS and NMR data on it and then shows it to you as representative of all batches produced. What's sold to you, may or may not have any affiliation with those Mass spec/nmr data. Considering the massive costs associated with producing high purity stuff and the complete lack of regulation in over seas markets, you are most likely being sold either something of either very low purity or some random inert powder. Putting compound from an unregulated laboratory into your body is a highly reckless thing to do.

Comment

• Swooping
                            • May 2014

Originally posted by The Alchemist
                            The contract lab creates one small batch of high purity stuff, generates MS and NMR data on it and then shows it to you as representative of all batches produced. What's sold to you, may or may not have any affiliation with those Mass spec/nmr data. Considering the massive costs associated with producing high purity stuff and the complete lack of regulation in over seas markets, you are most likely being sold either something of either very low purity or some random inert powder. Putting compound from an unregulated laboratory into your body is a highly reckless thing to do.
                            Not really. That's why there is randomized testing at arrival to completely rule out such a thing. This is water-proof, period. Independent testing that is. Secondly there isn't any massive costs associated with most chemicals, I don't know where you get this from? Remember that tocatifinib drug which cured this guy with Alopecia areata? I think you would shit bricks if you knew how cheap this actually is to make. This applies to many drugs. Pharma companies gotta earn though.

Comment

• The Alchemist
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Swooping
                              Not really. That's why there is randomized testing at arrival to completely rule out such a thing. This is water-proof, period. Independent testing that is. Secondly there isn't any massive costs associated with most chemicals, I don't know where you get this from? Remember that tocatifinib drug which cured this guy with Alopecia areata? I think you would shit bricks if you knew how cheap this actually is to make. This applies to many drugs. Pharma companies gotta earn though.
                              First off, i never said there were massive costs with "most chemicals". I said there were massive costs in producing pharmaceutical grade purity drugs. There is a world of difference between the two statements - in terms of costs, safety and efficacy. And i get that from having worked in the pharmaceutical industry labs for the past 15 years. See the reference below, if you would like to learn more about it.

Secondly, you are making my point for me. Yes, it can be cheap to make these compounds, if you don't adhere to the commonly accepted purity standards used in the pharmaceutical industry. Which is almost certainly what's happening when you buy from a synthetic chemistry lab in China or India. There is zero financial incentive for them to make that pure a product when there is no regulation over them. Even when there is incentive (fines, shutdowns etc.) they often fail to come up to standard. You think when they sell a batch of whatever to a couple guys off the internet that don't know any better that they're going above and beyond to ensure efficacy and safety? No chance.

I would love to see the Mass spec and NMR data from the independent testing, if you have it. If that's what you guys have been doing on regular basis, then kudos. At least you're protecting yourselves somewhat. But, considering the costs of such analysis, i'd be very shocked to hear that's what happening.

An impure substance may be defined as a substance of interest mixed or impregnated with an extraneous or usually inferior substance. The greatest financial impact on the cost of a drug substance often is found in the final preparation process. Product yield, physical characteristics, and chemical purity are important considerations in the manufacture of the active ingredient, the formulation of the dosage form, and the manufacture of the finished drug product. Processes to control the preparation of the drug substance and drug product must be disclosed to FDA as part of a new drug application. If production batches do not meet the purity and impurity specifications required, the manufacturer must attempt to upgrade materials by rework procedures, which are costly because they consume drug substance and resources and prevent the preparation of other batches of drug substance. The sources and types of impurities can be illustrated by considering a general flow scheme for manufacturing drugs. The formation of impurities is interconnected with each stage as shown in Figure 1.

Evaluating Impurities in Drugs (Part I of III)
                              In Part I of a three-part article, the authors discuss what constitutes an impurity and the potential sources of impurities in APIs and finished drug products.

Feb 2, 2012
                              By: Kashyap R. Wadekar, Mitali Bhalme, S. Srinivasa Rao, K. Vigneshwar Reddy, L. Sampath Kumar, E. Balasubrahmanyam
                              PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY
                              Volume 36, Issue 2, pp. 46-51

Comment

Working...