Body hair transplant: surgeon options worldwide?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arturmeireles
    • Mar 2013

Body hair transplant: surgeon options worldwide?

I only know Dr. Umar and Dr. Woods.

I live in Portugal. Last year I went for a consultation with Dr. Bisanga. He purpose me FUE with Strip. I asked him for body hair transplant and he wasn't very happy about it but he said would use some beard hair. I ended up not doing it because I didn't want to have a scar with strip.

I'm looking for a good body hair transplant surgeon. I read mixed reviews about dr. Umar and dr. Woods. I guess every doctor has good and bad reviews and besides that I have to ended up choosing one. I'm looking for a good body hair transplant surgeon worldwide but an European one would be better.

I contacted dr. Umar last month and we already exchanged few emails.
    I want to do 9000 grafts from body hair. I sent him pics of my beard, chest and abs and dr. Umar said I have very good donor area on my beard.
    Would be better to do a 9000 grafts implant all at once? I mean in a course of a week length? Or should be better if I do 4500 grafts first and then after +- 10/12 months I do another 4500 grafts?
  • wylie
    • Sep 2011

I think the 4500 graft option, and then another 4500 graft surgery is as far better option. I would never recommend someone do a 9000 graft session all at once. And 4500 grafts in one session is still a large session.

Comment

• gillenator
      • Dec 2008

Have you already exhausted your scalp donor?
      "Gillenator"
      Independent Patient Advocate
      more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• didi
        • Nov 2011

do a small procedure first to evaluate growth, i would not go for 4-5000 in 1st procedure..
        have 1000 or less and see what happens

There are many FUE docs who do bht, nowdays most of them do it,
        imo its not Dr its actually BHT itself that is the problem and even tops docs get mixed results,

good thing abt bht is if you dont like it you can always shave it off, no white dots or scars

Comment

• arturmeireles
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by gillenator
          Have you already exhausted your scalp donor?
          Yes. Due to a bad fue that I did with a very bad doctor I have now a poor donor area. That's why I'm doing bht.

Comment

• arturmeireles
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by didi
            do a small procedure first to evaluate growth, i would not go for 4-5000 in 1st procedure..
            have 1000 or less and see what happens

There are many FUE docs who do bht, nowdays most of them do it,
            imo its not Dr its actually BHT itself that is the problem and even tops docs get mixed results,

good thing abt bht is if you dont like it you can always shave it off, no white dots or scars

A procedure with 1000 grafts won't even be noticeable. Don't you think?
            I went to dr. Bisanga in Belgium last year and he didn't want to do BHT.

Comment

• didi
              • Nov 2011

what im trying to say is that you wanna have small test procedure first,

you wanna know wht % of transpanted bht will grow?

would you be happy if 20-30% grows?

you can go ahead and go for 9000 grafts but if only 3000 grows you would be very unhappy...

what pisses me off is when doctors lie that 90%+ will grow

Comment

• didi
                • Nov 2011

Bisanga is good doc he rejected me too,
                but he was the only one who rejected me..mens he cares and i rather be rejected then promissed something that cant be achieved

Feriduni is good, Cole too.

Umar and Woods oversell bht, they often treat it like first resort not last..
                IMO BHT shd always be mixed with scalp hair and used as a filler, not always practised by these guys and using only chest hair should be illegal

Comment

• gillenator
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by didi
                  what im trying to say is that you wanna have small test procedure first,

you wanna know wht % of transpanted bht will grow?

would you be happy if 20-30% grows?

you can go ahead and go for 9000 grafts but if only 3000 grows you would be very unhappy...

what pisses me off is when doctors lie that 90%+ will grow
                  Some very valid points stated!
                  "Gillenator"
                  more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• arturmeireles
                    • Mar 2013

Last year I went to Dr. Bisanga in Belgium for a consultation. He recommended me combination around 2800-3000 with Strip and 800-1000 with FUE but you need to come off steroids 3 weeks prior to surgery because of potential healing issues and no body building activity for a full 6 weeks after surgery to make sure the suture line won't stretch. Today I sent dr. Bisanga updated pics of my scalp and he said that "Your scalp donor looks very weak as you say and worse than a year ago from photos.
                    You do not have much chest hair and therefore only beard hair is available and this cannot be used for the hair line, so in essence a very large area to cover and in all probability not a venture that will meet your goals and many thousands of grafts would be needed over a lot of surgery as we limit beard grafts to 1,000 grafts at a time.

So, very expensive, long road, and not guarantee we could get the numbers to reach your goals, also the problem of creating a soft hair line is not possible with beard grafts.

So what should you do? For us, do nothing. You look natural and to be honest you are a poor candidate for surgery.

If you wish to see others then of course those are options but make sure to see people in the flesh who have had extensive work with beard.

Debatable if your goals can be met with beard only as would take as said a lot.

Personally we feel best to do nothing, but others have different protocols so we cannot speak for them. We just do not want you to pay a lot of money to us and we do not reach your goals.

Please accept our apologies that we do not feel in good conscience to offer you surgery and wish you all the best in your decisions should you decide to proceed or no elsewhere."

Of course I'm VERY sad to hear this from BHR clinic.
                    In the other hand I sent the same pics to dr. Umar and he said "Thank you for sending the photos. You have enough head, beard and body donor supply to allow for any level of restoration from the options I have given you."

What you guys think I should do?!?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• didi
                      • Nov 2011

You dont look that bad, Umar works on cases much worse than yourself

but no matter what you decide to do rmbr- small test/procedure first if you go for BHT

Comment

• Atticus
                        • Dec 2012

[QUOTE=didi;115224]Bisanga is good doc he rejected me too, but he was the only one who rejected me..mens he cares and i rather be rejected then promissed something that cant be achieved"
                        Umar and Woods oversell bht, they often treat it like first resort not last..
                        IMO BHT shd always be mixed with scalp hair and used as a filler, not always practised by these guys and using only chest hair should be illegal[
                        /QUOTE]"

Atticus:

The proof is in the results. Here are some youtube videos:

For more information visit http://www.dermhairclinic.com For a free online consultation visit http://www.dermhairclinic.com/free-online-consultation-hair-res...

For more information, visit http://www.dermhairclinic.comTo consult Dr Umar, click: http://www.dermhairclinic.com/free-online-consultation-hair-restoration-l...

On top off solid publications:

1. http://journals.lww.com/annalsplasti...dequate.6.aspx

2. http://archderm.ama-assn.org/cgi/con...ract/148/2/239

3. http://www.jprasurg.com/article/S174...230-6/abstract

In the realm of BHT, it is not fair to compare bisanga with Umar, as Dr Umar is light years ahead of Dr Bisanga. There is simply no basis for you comparison here. It is an apples to oranges analogy pure and simple.

Comment

• J_B_Davis
                          • Dec 2008

Do yourself a favor and meet with at least a few patients who are in a similar situation who had surgery by Umar before even considering him. Attiicus seems to have an unusual bias, check out his posting history.Honestly if Bisanga turned you away, you should listen. He's a great, ethical doctor. He can just as easily take your money, but he turned you away. That says a lot.

Comment

• Atticus
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by J_B_Davis
                            Do yourself a favor and meet with at least a few patients who are in a similar situation who had surgery by Umar before even considering him. Attiicus seems to have an unusual bias, check out his posting history.Honestly if Bisanga turned you away, you should listen. He's a great, ethical doctor. He can just as easily take your money, but he turned you away. That says a lot.

Yawn...

Dr Umar turns away tons of patients as well. I have seen at least 3-4 threads started by bitter patients on various forums bashing him for turning them down. I can easily post links to the threads on this forum if it would not violate rules. Many HT doctors refer patients to Dr Umar when it comes to BHT. He is clearly the leader in that field. Dr Umar shows more videos (not staged photos) of more BHT cases than any other Dr on the planet. Yes see his patients in person,..but the same should apply to any other Dr you are considering for any type of HT. These are red herring statements. I have had 2 surgeries with Dr umar, including leg hair Ht and i know the man to be as ethical as they come. No hint of bs. He tells it as it is.

Atticus

Comment

• gillenator
                              • Dec 2008

Atticus,

I am not a huge advocate of BHT especially regarding large sessions and this is because of the lack of cases for review and overall consistency of results.

That being said, I want to commend you on doing extensive research especially when you limited donor options. It's not like you are jumping into this blindly. But still, I am an advocate in doing intial test sessions with BH especially if there will be different donor areas. Dr. Umar has alot of confidence with BH and that in itself is not necessarily a bad thing. Just a little too aggressive for me. But that's my opinion for whatever its worth.

I do agree that Dr. Umar undoubtedly has done more BH than any other doctor that I am aware of, and I also consider him an authority on the use of BH. IMHO, he is far more experienced and skilled at BH than Dr. Bisanga and that is to no discredit to Dr. Bisanga. I think probably that Dr. Bisanga felt that he could not meet the goals and expectations that you are seeking and also that he felt turning you away was in your best interest.

Regardless, it sounds like you have made your decision so I wish you the very best in results my friend and hope it makes a huge difference in your life.

Keep us posted on your progress.
                              "Gillenator"
                              more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

Working...