• Show
Clear All
  • didi
    • Nov 2011

Scarless surgery by Dr Wesley

This sounds similar to HST minus regeneration
  • HARIRI
    • Nov 2012

According to Spencer Kobren "Every surgery leaves a scar". I wonder how this technique can be scareless? In my personal thoughts I was told by many hair transplant experts and surgeons that every HT surgery leaves scars whether FUT or FUE. I find it very hard to believe that there will be a FUE surgery without any scar? I just don't understand how will it be. It is already March and we still didn't hear any updates. I remember Dr. Wesely mentioned in that he is on target for a follow-up clinical trial using the completed instrument by February of 2013 but didn't hear anything yet. I hope the scareless FUE will be available before 2015 as I am planning to go FUE for my crown.

However a week ago, Dr. Wesely replied with this answer "While the February 2013 date was admittedly a bit overly ambitious, we're performing another cadaveric study in mid March to ensure the consistent creation of the same type of grafts that were used in the initial clinical trail. Once that has been demonstrated consistently and safely, we'll be able to initiate another trial. I've also applied to present all the details surrounding this surgical technique at the October 2013 International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Meeting (in time to help HARIRI's crown!). I look forward to sharing everything with you at that time.

He posted this interesting video as well

Preliminary results focus on hair survival in which grafts harvested via the traditional FUE approach are compared with those harvested by the method explored by…

I'm putting a lot of hope on Dr. Wesley breakthrough FUE method as I strongly believe that he is an intelligent surgeon based on his previous interviews with Spencer in the Bald Truth show. I have a feeling that this 2013 ISHRS annual meeting will be loaded by positive stuff. I hope one day, Spencer wont say "once you are cut, you are cut" :-p

Keep on optimistic my hair loss brothers. ;-)

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

Gho's HST is already "scarless"

Comment

• Kiwi
        • Mar 2011

It is scarless in the sense that it is not cosmetically visible to the naked eye.

I'm sure under microscope you could find scars on a Dr Gho patient... but who's looking that closely!!!

Comment

• didi
          • Nov 2011

FUE scars aka white dots are not really an issue unless you planning to shave your head to the skin or with zero guard,

problem with all forms of HTs be it fue or strip is limiteddonor, for example you can harvest 8 000 grafts from safe donor area(which is small area btw) by FUE without scarring but what about donor depletion?

Big Gaps in donor resulting in thin appearence of your harvested area compared to non harvested area

in that case it is better to use razor and shave sides and back and grow hair on top

Comment

• HARIRI
            • Nov 2012

I really hope that one of the US Bald truth talk members calls in the show tomorrow and ask Spencer about Dr. Wesley's Scareless FUE technique. Maybe he an idea about it or planning to interview him about this breakthrough method.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by HARIRI
              I really hope that one of the US Bald truth talk members calls in the show tomorrow and ask Spencer about Dr. Wesley's Scareless FUE technique. Maybe he an idea about it or planning to interview him about this breakthrough method.
              This is no breakthrough method..Gho has been doing it for years

Comment

• Kiwi
                • Mar 2011

This IS a breakthrough if it works AND he shares the technique with other doctors so that it becomes the new Gold Standard for FUE.

Gho is greedy and has not shared has method. Also Gho is too expensive and too time consuming for most people who can realistically only afford one or two transplants.

If Wesley's method becomes the new Gold standard for FUE then this is a quantum leap for all of us and who gives a sod what any Gho fan boy has to say.

Comment

• HARIRI
                  • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Kiwi
                  This IS a breakthrough if it works AND he shares the technique with other doctors so that it becomes the new Gold Standard for FUE.

Gho is greedy and has not shared has method. Also Gho is too expensive and too time consuming for most people who can realistically only afford one or two transplants.

If Wesley's method becomes the new Gold standard for FUE then this is a quantum leap for all of us and who gives a sod what any Gho fan boy has to say.
                  I totally agree with you Kiwi.

Comment

• aim4hair
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi

This is a big improvement to current FUE but it's by no means a breakthrough.
                    Anything consist of removing hair from point A to point B without any donor regeneration should not be considered a breakthrough, specially since donor regeneration is the hot topic nowadays.

Comment

• Kiwi
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by aim4hair
                      This is a big improvement to current FUE but it's by no means a breakthrough.
                      Anything consist of removing hair from point A to point B without any donor regeneration should not be considered a breakthrough, specially since donor regeneration is the hot topic nowadays.
                      Donor regeneration is only a hot topic in certain threads. Until we FULLY know what the **** is going on... scarless FUE is a quantum leap compared to a white dotty and scarred head. No matter what way you look at it :P

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                        • Dec 2012

you're right, scarless fue is an awesome deal...but the fact is, it has been done for years now...leaving regeneration out of the conversation.

Comment

• didi
                          • Nov 2011

does this technique expand donor supply

if true it will be great

nw6 have 20-25 000 FUs,
                          remove half and implant it on top and you will get him covered, it will be even distribution

he can shave sides and back and have cool haircut

Comment

• aim4hair
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by didi
                            does this technique expand donor supply

if true it will be great

nw6 have 20-25 000 FUs,
                            remove half and implant it on top and you will get him covered, it will be even distribution

he can shave sides and back and have cool haircut
                            Dr. Wesley made it very clear that this technique will not solve the problem of donor supply limitation. It's basically removing a graft from point A to point B with no white dots, which is really good for anybody considering FUE, but since there is no regeneration, i think there would be alot of hairless gaps even if there are no white dots.

Comment

• Artista
                              • Apr 2010

Hi Aim4Hair and all else,
                              Id like to add to part of your conversation from 3/27/13

"It's basically removing a graft from point A to point B with no white dots, which is really good for anybody considering FUE, but since there is no regeneration, i think there would be alot of hairless gaps even if there are no white dots."

Also Aim4Hair , this new technique that Dr Wesley has developed which is still being improved upon will provide the same density amount as that of an FUT.
                              So not only will you not have 'white dot' scars but you would avoid having a strip scar while rejoicing in the added density that an FUT would provide.

"..since there is no regeneration..."
                              Aim4Hair,,there IS anecdotal evidence that DOES show REGROWTH in the donor area. I cannot expand on this or discuss what type of application Dr Wesley uses but it is very POSITIVE. Not only have I seen the clinical proof but Spencer Kobren has too!
                              This updated Pilofocus technique is not yet publicly available but it is UPCOMING!!
                              Don't confuse this new procedure (that Spencer and I had witnessed and discussed) with Dr Wesley's current 'scar-less' procedure.
                              I will be one of Dr Wesley's clinical case study patients later this year which will involve a very moderate amount of grafts being used.
                              I am so excited and feel lucky to be a part of this.
                              Dr Wesley gave me the 'OK' to share this with the forum but there is a lot that I cannot share for legal and ethical reasons.
                              The same holds true for Spencer Kobren.
                              Listen to Spencer's show regarding this topic.
                              You will hear in Spencer's comments and tone that he strongly believes that Dr Wesley's upcoming technique WILL be a game changer in the HT world.

Comment

Working...