Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • axil23
    • Feb 2013

What's the latest in Meds?

I started to loose hair around 7 years back and started Minoxidil twice daily and Finastride 1mg.

Hair grew back fine and to maintain it I have been using Minoxidil once a day, 1mg Finastride and Nizrol 2% once a week. Normal shampoo every day.

In the last month or so I have lost quite a bit of hair. I can see my scalp which wasn't he case a few months back. This has happened a couple of times before too.

Checking out some forums I see people have upped their Finastride dosage? I have been away from these forums for a while so was wondering what the latest is on the Hair loss front?

Shall I continue with 1mg Finastride and Minox % once a day? Twice a day and my scalp itches like anything.

Also I have just started this Alpecin Caffenie shampoo a few days ago. If anything my Itchy scalp from the Minoxidil has got better.

Is there a a better regime now or shall I continue with what I am doing? Any recommended Vitamins for Hair?
  • dex89
    • Jul 2012

http://www.****************/interact...U58841-NOW-FIN

Comment

• burtandernie
      • Nov 2012

It basically hasnt changed since you started. Another 5 years and I think propecia will be phased out for a topical that is safer and better.

Comment

• axil23
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by burtandernie
        It basically hasnt changed since you started. Another 5 years and I think propecia will be phased out for a topical that is safer and better.
        So stick with 1mg Propecia?

What shampoo do you all use daily?

Comment

• burtandernie
          • Nov 2012

Yup stick on propecia its all there is still. Shampoo doesnt matter much in my opinion. Maybe mix in nizoral and then just whatever you want like a hair loss shampoo, or dandruff shampoo or whatever you want. I dont think MPB is slowing or stopping for a shampoo I mean DHT needs to be drastically altered to get a hair loss change like what propecia does so it takes big changes not shampoo on your head for 5 or 10 minutes.

Comment

• axil23
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by burtandernie
            Yup stick on propecia its all there is still. Shampoo doesnt matter much in my opinion. Maybe mix in nizoral and then just whatever you want like a hair loss shampoo, or dandruff shampoo or whatever you want. I dont think MPB is slowing or stopping for a shampoo I mean DHT needs to be drastically altered to get a hair loss change like what propecia does so it takes big changes not shampoo on your head for 5 or 10 minutes.
            Thanks for that

Comment

Working...