Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neversaynever
    • Dec 2011

Another PGd2 thread...

Thankfully been away from the forums (thankful because I havent missed much!).

Seems PGD2 is not a big talking point anymore. Im still curious...Ive read in a few places that Dr Cots tested on mice which lacked an enzyme that breaks down PGd2. Which enzyme?! Wouldnt that be more effective than blocking the receptor?
  • ovoxo
    • Apr 2012

well, take a look in the cetirizine thread, it is about pgd2, it is believed it reduces pgd2

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

Its not a big talking point because people on other forums have tried PGD2 blockers with moderate to zero effectiveness.

Follica once again leading us down a dark alley - the only company that has actually made any real progress has been Histogen - the company everyone used to bash.

Comment

• Dan26
        • Jul 2012

Drugs that inhibit PDG2 aint gonna work wonders on their own, but if PDG2 has the effect scientists think it does, then it may create REGROWTH when combined with things like Histogen and/or CB.

Comment

• neversaynever
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by UK_
          Its not a big talking point because people on other forums have tried PGD2 blockers with moderate to zero effectiveness.

Follica once again leading us down a dark alley - the only company that has actually made any real progress has been Histogen - the company everyone used to bash.
          Histogen have been the biggest hope for a while i think, in my opinion. I do feel their stats and photos are a bit misleading. I guess will know more soon.

PGd2 blocking on its own might not do much. Its hard to judge. People using hayfever tablets and receptor blockers isnt really proof that there isnt something to explore with pgd2. The vechicle could prove vital.

All that being said, what are the chances that soon enough theyll discover the pgd2 isnt the final killer blow. Who knows. Catching up with everything hasnt made me positive....

Fingers crossed bald brothers.

Comment

• Ginkosama
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by UK_

Duh ? Most people just received their OC, Barbarea who has been using it for a while showed some regrowth with it.
            A big group order with all the new products just started, just give it a few months before being all "yeah, told ya, another let-down"

Comment

• Dan26
              • Jul 2012

I can't speak on any of the solutions available right now but for maximal effect they would need to inhibit pgd2 and increase pge2 + reduce histamine response and inflammation.

Comment

• Kirby_
                • Jan 2012

It's FAR too early to write off PGD2 blocking. The guys have only topically used ONE CRTH2 blocker of the possible candidates (one that was designed as an oral drug!), don't have an ideal vehicle, don't yet have an exact idea what else to use (to boost PGE2), only have been using it for just over a month... It's too early. In the same timeframe fin, dut and minox would've been written off as well... It's all the play for.

Comment

• UK_
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by neversaynever
                  Histogen have been the biggest hope for a while i think, in my opinion. I do feel their stats and photos are a bit misleading. I guess will know more soon.

PGd2 blocking on its own might not do much. Its hard to judge. People using hayfever tablets and receptor blockers isnt really proof that there isnt something to explore with pgd2. The vechicle could prove vital.

All that being said, what are the chances that soon enough theyll discover the pgd2 isnt the final killer blow. Who knows. Catching up with everything hasnt made me positive....

Fingers crossed bald brothers.
                  So you're saying BOTH of the clinical trials (pilot study and second trial) results were misleading? Maybe you could have said that at the first pilot study but not now - pictures are always going to disappoint those morons who want to see a NW7 turned into a NW1 after 2 treatments in a 12 month clinical trial.

We'll wait and see about PGD2 but I cant see it being any more miraculous than the laboriously mediocre results some people have been experiencing on other boards.

Comment

• Dan26
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                    So you're saying BOTH of the clinical trials (pilot study and second trial) results were misleading? Maybe you could have said that at the first pilot study but not now - pictures are always going to disappoint those morons who want to see a NW7 turned into a NW1 after 2 treatments in a 12 month clinical trial.

We'll wait and see about PGD2 but I cant see it being any more miraculous than the laboriously mediocre results some people have been experiencing on other boards.
                    Histogen figured out that increasing the dose increased the effectiveness...........................lol....... ...............

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dan26
                      Histogen figured out that increasing the dose increased the effectiveness...........................lol....... ...............
                      Yep... and what did Follica do?...

Follica 2008: "cure will be available in 5 years time thanks to our research into mice wound healing".

Then we had retards laughing at Histogen saying "wnt ligands wont have ANY impact as the body will block them using wnt agonists".... *cough* *cough* Iron_Man rolf, too many shit-talking morons on these forums - the only company that has given results is the one people bash the most.

What I find funny is users with 3 posts coming here with a new username making comments thinking they know what they're talking about haha - enjoy your next 40 years of broken promises you ****ing moron.

Comment

• neversaynever
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by UK_

The numbers they quote are impressive, but from the macro photos ive seen, i dont see such a drastic improvement. Especially if one assumes that they will be show casing their best results to date, to allure investors. Unless you can point me to some new macro photos that prove me wrong...

I think I remember figures of 70% increase in hair count or terminal hairs. But none of the macro photos show anything like that kind of improvement...

Im not expecting to see nw7 to nw1. Im talking purely about macro photos here.

I'm fairly convinced they'll deliver. I'll be CERTAIN of it, if any of injection site photos show clear improvments...

Comment

• rdawg
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
                          I can't speak on any of the solutions available right now but for maximal effect they would need to inhibit pgd2 and increase pge2 + reduce histamine response and inflammation.
                          You could essentially do this right now with the whole cetrizitine(sp?)+Minoxidil+ say fin or another dht inhibitor.

It's too early to judge because noones really far in using this stuff....

PGD2 is not the cure alone, but in theory a combination can definitely make it very effective.

Comment

• Dan26
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
                            You could essentially do this right now with the whole cetrizitine(sp?)+Minoxidil+ say fin or another dht inhibitor.

It's too early to judge because noones really far in using this stuff....

PGD2 is not the cure alone, but in theory a combination can definitely make it very effective.
                            Yea, also, from what I understand, some of the growth factors in Histogens solution are muchmore effective in growing hair in an estrogenic environment (this makes sense in general, and based on their results). Topical 5ar inhibitor should work great with it, systemic would do fine as well.

Comment

• Ginkosama
                              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                              Yep... and what did Follica do?...

Follica 2008: "cure will be available in 5 years time thanks to our research into mice wound healing".

Then we had retards laughing at Histogen saying "wnt ligands wont have ANY impact as the body will block them using wnt agonists".... *cough* *cough* Iron_Man rolf, too many shit-talking morons on these forums - the only company that has given results is the one people bash the most.

What I find funny is users with 3 posts coming here with a new username making comments thinking they know what they're talking about haha - enjoy your next 40 years of broken promises you ****ing moron.
                              Can't wait to have a thousand posts to be as bitter as you and spit my bile on people who actually do something constructive.

I actually find this community very inspiring, people take risks, spend incredible amounts of time and money towards the same goal. Nothing is really working out greatso far but there is definitely still hope.
                              Not for everyone apparently.

Comment

Working...