Worried About My Results At 4 Months - Are These Okay And Is This It?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gazzadasnail
    • Dec 2017

Worried About My Results At 4 Months - Are These Okay And Is This It?

It's been 4 months to the day since I had my transplant (5000 grafts). Unfortunately I don't have any clear before pictures but I have attached my pictures from 2 weeks post op and my pictures that I have taken just now. Basically he thin areas you see in the current pictures are the parts I had done - temples and hairline brought down a little.

My issue is that it looks very thin for 4 months post op. There are some "stubbly" hairs that are just coming through in the front centre but I can't see any new ones like this in the left and right temples. I know that most doctors would say patience is key but I'm worried is this as thick as it is going to get? Most of the hairs are growing to a decent length.

2 weeks post op:-

4 months post op:-

• nk1990
    • Jul 2017

5000 grafts for your temples and hairline?!

thats quite a bit isnt it? id confirm if they actually placed 5k in your front, everyones different though so generally wait at least until 6 months,

im a nw6 and getting 3900 all over my head, so 5k in a hairline/ front is making me even more nervous!

Comment

• gazzadasnail
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by nk1990
      5000 grafts for your temples and hairline?!

thats quite a bit isnt it? id confirm if they actually placed 5k in your front, everyones different though so generally wait at least until 6 months,

im a nw6 and getting 3900 all over my head, so 5k in a hairline/ front is making me even more nervous!
      Yes the grafts were actually pretty much all over. The temples, behind the hairline and towards the vertex and back of the head. Places where I had hair but was thin such as the "hair island" which I had at the front was also filled in a bit to account for future loss.

I'm going to ask for my before pictures soon from the clinic to make it a bit clearer.

Comment

• pkipling
        Inactive
        • Sep 2014

At 4 months it's way too early to be judging the results... Grafts don't even begin to grow until month 3 at the absolute earliest, so at the most right now you've got one month's worth of growth under your belt... Hang tight and stay patient and try not to analyze your hair every day.

Comment

• gazzadasnail
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by pkipling
          At 4 months it's way too early to be judging the results... Grafts don't even begin to grow until month 3 at the absolute earliest, so at the most right now you've got one month's worth of growth under your belt... Hang tight and stay patient and try not to analyze your hair every day.

Comment

• JoeTillman
            • Jul 2014

No one should question their results at four months because, by definition, you don't have actual results only progress. So, your progress looks normal. As I've always said, the surgery is the easy part, the hard part is waiting and you're not even half way there.
            Joe Tillman
            The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
            See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• gazzadasnail
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by JoeTillman
              No one should question their results at four months because, by definition, you don't have actual results only progress. So, your progress looks normal. As I've always said, the surgery is the easy part, the hard part is waiting and you're not even half way there.
              Thanks Joe. Starstruck getting a reply from you as I watch all your videos.

Comment

• JoeTillman
                • Jul 2014

Glad to help
                Joe Tillman

Comment

• JoeTillman
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by gazzadasnail
                  Thanks Joe. Starstruck getting a reply from you as I watch all your videos.
                  Gazzadasnail,

Drop me a line at my website, please. I'd like to discuss your case.
                  Joe Tillman

Comment

Working...