X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lindsey
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Dec 2008

Dr. Lindsey Hairline repair and scar excision McLean VA

This fellow had 2 previous cases by a competitor several years ago. He has 2 somewhat parallel scars in his donor region and a fairly lax scalp. Although I've posted lots of times about the "double edged sword" of trying to get hair out and improve a scar...I think we can get him 1250 grafts AND get rid of half of his scarring.

Shown are intraop pics. Note how we trim the hairline so that I can make recipient slits with minimal damage to the hairs he's already paid for...and the techs can insert the new hairs without fear of native hairs pulling them out in the first few days.

He lives an hour or 2 away, and hopefully we'll get pics throughout the next 18 months.

Here is a link to a video where I discuss cases like this.

Can someone just explain hair PLUGS so that its understandable, and tell us what to do to fix them? Watch this and its all laid out in an easy to understan...

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    Attached Files
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile
  • Ted
    • May 2011

"and the techs can insert the new hairs without fear of native hairs pulling them out in the first few days.
    "

I have never heard about this before. How can native hairs pull out transplants?

Comment

• Dr. Lindsey
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Dec 2008

By the existing hairs STICKING to the newly placed grafts...then somebody combs their hair out of the way...and it pulls out the grafts.

So we either trim the nearby hair or "slick" it back with vaseline for a few days.

Good question.

Dr. Lindsey
      William Lindsey, MD
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...