Update:
So I cut my hair short for the second time since getting on propecia. The first time showed improvement and promise; the second time did not. My hair, especially in the front, is noticeably thinning ( My scalp is visible in lighting). It's definitely some steps backwards. Along with this, my acne has increased and libido decreased. I think My body is reacting to the loss of DHT by producing more, which leads me to believe I have either very low testosterone levels or unreasonably high levels of testosterone and with it estrogen. I will start running and may try spiro/ spiro cream.
I will post pictures up after exams.
Also, How difficult is RU use? Can anyone chime in? I think my testosterone may also play a part in my baseline thinning.
Just turned 19 and here we go
Collapse
X
-
Shedding is supposed to be a good sign that your hair is responding to the propecia apparentlyLeave a comment:
-
Hey guys, thank you for the words of hope!
Let me update you guys;
I started propecia in January.
Since then, the back of my hair has filled in nicely and there was no visible loss for 3 months.
However, lately the front of my head seems to be thinning much faster (the last 2 weeks or so). I suspect it might be the new brand of generic propecia cvs gave me, but just in case I may go rogaine.
I wonder if I should think about getting/using RU? Seems like a hassle to me.Leave a comment:
-
I am having the same problem but I haven't done anything about it... yet. I've read plenty of posts and always see the "having erectile problems" and am afraid of starting with fin. I mean no offense but I am rather bald then not able to have sex. But I do want to try the nizoral shampoo, can you guys tell me where to get it from, normal store or pharmacy, does it have to be perscribed or not? How much does it cost?Leave a comment:
-
Hey I'm also 19 and think it's time I start Propecia.
After hearing your hair loss got rapidly worst before you started propecia has got me worried! I best get on it quick before my hair loss can become noticeable :/
Keep us updated on how it goesLeave a comment:
-
I noticed a little bit of recession, a very small amount, when I was 16.
Then at 17, all of a sudden, I lost both temples in maybe 2 months and afterwards, hopped on Finasteride.
I'm 18 now and I think my hair looks better, but I'm certain it's not worse.
Good job on getting on Fin so fast.
At first I was seriously depressed and always on this site. But in the last 5-6 months I've visited maybe 3 times and I've been with a couple beautiful girls, made gains in the gym and started doing better in school.
So I'm gonna stay on Finasteride, since I've had no side-effects. I'm thinking I'll maintain for many years down the line.
If I ever start losing again, my plan is to get a frontal FUE transplant after 25. Should cost me 10-20k, but it'll be worth it.
See, I'm planning on getting my entire frontal region restored (should I lose it). If I keep losing in the back, it won't be as big of a deal.
When you first meet a girl, she's looking straight at you. You need that f***ing hair line, or she'll write you off as "big forehead", "megamind" or "balding guy".
That's why I'm going to find one of the best surgeons to fix me up, and I'll invest in getting that frontal region restored completely.
As for the back, I don't think my hair loss will be that aggressive there, especially if I stay on Fin. If it is, I don't mind using concealers back there as long as I got my hairline back.
Hair pieces aren't appealing to me.
That's my story and my plan for the future.
Thanks for reading and Good luck!!Leave a comment:
-
Staying off this forum or any other propecia website will lower your chances of getting sides.Leave a comment:
-
-
I just turned 18 and started Propecia basically same as you... Good luck pray for no sides for usLeave a comment:
-
You are young to try Avodart. I recently had a forum poster comment that he couldn't get a prescription for Propecia because he's under 21. I just phoned our local pharmacy here in Georgia and according to the pharmacist I spoke with, there are no legal age restrictions related to dispensing Propecia or Avodart. It's up to the individual doctor's policy. Any under 21 guys should call around before making an appointment to make sure age isn't an issue.I have looked into it, at first my dermo thought it was a reaction to medication and not enough vitamins/minerals. But it became clear soon enough that it was indeed MPB, and my dermo prescribed me propecia, but stated that I should only take f it if I'm 100% sure I can deal with the side effects, knowing I actually have low T and all. My body has just been degenerating since i was 16 so the hair loss is just icing on the cake.
I'm hoping I can get through this with just enough coverage show my scalp doesn't show, it's all I really want.
Has anyone my age tried avodart or ru? If so, how was it?
35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
forhair.com
Cole Hair Transplant
1070 Powers Place
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
Phone 678-566-1011
email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
and may want to start out with very small doses.Leave a comment:
-
I have looked into it, at first my dermo thought it was a reaction to medication and not enough vitamins/minerals. But it became clear soon enough that it was indeed MPB, and my dermo prescribed me propecia, but stated that I should only take f it if I'm 100% sure I can deal with the side effects, knowing I actually have low T and all. My body has just been degenerating since i was 16 so the hair loss is just icing on the cake.
I'm hoping I can get through this with just enough coverage show my scalp doesn't show, it's all I really want.
Has anyone my age tried avodart or ru? If so, how was it?Leave a comment:
-
I asked Dr. Cole a while back about Propecia side effects. Although Avodart is a stronger med, some men with an unfavorable reaction to one will do OK with the other. As I've stated before, there are some encouraging identical twin photos that indicate decent results where one takes Propecia and the other doesn't, so hang in there.Hi everyone.
I just turned 19, and as a birthday present I got myself 1 mg of finasteride prescription and rogaine. What every 19 year old wants, huh?
Hair loss begin hitting me exactly one year ago, when my barber noted there was slight thinning in my hair. It wasn't even noticeable until this last October, when I started college. But that highlights how quickly it hit. By January, it was noticeable to everyone I was losing hair, my scalp was becoming visible.
I started to research. It didn't make sense. DHT? I have very low levels of testosterone, why would my already pretty screwed up body decide to convert it to DHT. Worst of all, there is no family history of anyone balding (on both sides) until the age of 45. I just can't catch a break with my shit genetics.
It's pretty tough, especially at college. It saddens me to look through my phone or profile pictures and see that not even three months ago I had a full head of hair. I don't understand why it has hit me so fast.
Anyways, I have begin to take my propecia prescription and apply minox once a day (I don't want my roommate to see it). I think it has slowed down hair loss, but it has only been about 10 days (although it did get to the point where I had noticeable loss every day). If it wasn't for my huge nose and asymmetric head shape, I would probably shave my head. But alas, I can't even pull that off.
Anyways, it's glad to finally be a part of this forum. It feels like somewhat of a support group and you guys really do boost my confidence. I will also begin to look into different treatment options. How do you guys feel about wigs or hair pieces or things of that nature? Do they work?
Thank you for reading this vent/introduction. It feels good to know I have some place I can be honest and just put my mind to ease.
Unless you got hit with a gene from a distant relative, I think you should check to see if there is anything you are currently taking that has a hair loss side effect. For instance, I had a really bad hair loss reaction to a combination of Ibuprofen, Allegra and glucosamine & chondroitin. Fortunately, although I don't have great hair at my age, it's much better than it was 10 years ago.
35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
forhair.com
Cole Hair Transplant
1070 Powers Place
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
Phone 678-566-1011
email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for ChuckLeave a comment:
-
No experience with hair pieces, but the ones that I have seen through this and other hair loss sites have looked pretty good. If you don't mind wearing them, they are worth looking into.Nothing painful at all. Just that my erections feel like jelly.
Let me explain; I've always had 'soft' erections when I wasn't with a girl. But while on fin, even when I'm with a girl, my erection feels like 'jelly.' It's not so much about what it looks like, but how it feels. I literally don't feel my penis sometimes while I am having sex.
I expect that to disappear, though.
edit: Any comments about wigs? and was anyone else hit by MPB as fast as I was? How well did your treatment work?Leave a comment:
-
Welcome to club. I was 19 too when I first noticed hairloss. Sadly there were no treatments available at that time. I was 24 before I started taking Propecia (1mg Fin) and I lost lot of hair prior to getting on it. You did the right thing. Perhaps add Nizoral shampoo once a week.Leave a comment:
-
Nothing painful at all. Just that my erections feel like jelly.
Let me explain; I've always had 'soft' erections when I wasn't with a girl. But while on fin, even when I'm with a girl, my erection feels like 'jelly.' It's not so much about what it looks like, but how it feels. I literally don't feel my penis sometimes while I am having sex.
I expect that to disappear, though.
edit: Any comments about wigs? and was anyone else hit by MPB as fast as I was? How well did your treatment work?Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: