Scientists create skin from stem cells.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JJJJrS
    replied
    Originally posted by hellouser
    I think I'm going to wait a year, the regeneration claims with Pilofocus *look* legit. Whether or not they actually are is a whole other issue.

    I've been wanting to go to Ottawa and meet with Dr. Rahal (or one of the docs there) for a consultation and see where I stand with options for FUE which should play well for an HST (I live about 4 hours drive away from Ottawa)
    Ive met some HT doctors, without naming names hellouser , and they struck me as assholes. Without getting into too much details, they really didn't give off the impression that they had your best interests in mind.

    I would encourage you to hold off on getting a HT. There's too many limitations to traditional hair transplants, and despite all the advancements, I still feel there's an artificial feel to most of them.

    But if you absolutely must, I'd encourage you to look into some of the European FUE surgeons.

    Leave a comment:


  • oscar32
    replied
    Originally posted by Arashi
    Yup. My hair was done by Kristel. I've seen way better results from the other HASCI doctors
    Great info thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • huawei
    replied
    Originally posted by rdawg
    Awesome stuff!

    the cure or better solutions are definitely on the way, but obviously as I and many others have learned with this biotech sector, it may be many years away.

    The negativity of some people can be a little much, when they hear delay it's like some of them think science doesnt get better and that they haven't made strides in the research!!

    they understand hairloss so much more now! and the early trials of many products are very very promising, indeed more and more trials and products are showing progress.

    Be thankful we have things like fin, minoxidil, while they arent that great and have their shortcomings, at least it's something to tide us over a little bit, I'd have no hair by now without fin.

    I must say the only thing that makes me mad is the price of hair transplants, it's either spend 100 bucks a year on fin, and if that doesnt work, you either lose your hair or drop 15000 on a transplant!!
    Yep that's it!

    Hopefully, if pilofocus is all its cracked up to be and is widely adopted we may see more competitive pricing.

    Leave a comment:


  • rdawg
    replied
    Awesome stuff!

    the cure or better solutions are definitely on the way, but obviously as I and many others have learned with this biotech sector, it may be many years away.

    The negativity of some people can be a little much, when they hear delay it's like some of them think science doesnt get better and that they haven't made strides in the research!!

    they understand hairloss so much more now! and the early trials of many products are very very promising, indeed more and more trials and products are showing progress.

    Be thankful we have things like fin, minoxidil, while they arent that great and have their shortcomings, at least it's something to tide us over a little bit, I'd have no hair by now without fin.

    I must say the only thing that makes me mad is the price of hair transplants, it's either spend 100 bucks a year on fin, and if that doesnt work, you either lose your hair or drop 15000 on a transplant!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Arashi
    replied
    Originally posted by crafter
    isn't HASCI WHERE Gho works?
    Yup. My hair was done by Kristel. I've seen way better results from the other HASCI doctors

    Leave a comment:


  • crafter
    replied
    Originally posted by Arashi
    Yup agreed that angle is important. A good doctor can get it right though. I myself am not happy how my doctor at HASCI did it (she messed quite a few hairs up that way). If I wear it short it looks good, but longer I guess it comes really visible. Luckily I like it short But again, a good doctor like Rahal can get it right (and also the results I saw from other HASCI doctors looked quite good).
    isn't HASCI WHERE Gho works?

    Leave a comment:


  • Arashi
    replied
    Originally posted by CAlex
    Hey Hellouser

    Id say just bank the cash man but dont waste it on a ht treatment. Its great you're still planning to wait a year which shows your thinking things through. maybe in a years time we will have some more info on histogen efficacy and timeline which would greatly aid any decision you make.

    Dr. Rahal and Dr. Feller were in my top 3. Hold off as long as you can though IMO. Your mindset might change in a year so and you may no longer be defined or limited by your hair loss. The thing that cant be changed or undone is a HT that just will never look/feel natural(esp hairline)

    I think hts can be helpful in in the crown and behind the hairline a few inches to really thicken things up. If histogen ends up coming to market and is able to increase density within a ht recipient zone it would make a huge difference in softening the hairline look and feel. Hellouser hopefully you've stabilized or only continue to lose at a slow pace so that histogen/replcel can arrive in time for you.

    @Arashi Angle is such a major issue.,not sure why so many people downplay it. even 20 degrees off would make your hair look really odd. it might not be as bad if that same 20 degrees was from like a regenerated hair from histogen or whatever versus an ht hair. HT hair just seems so lifeless and rigid.
    Yup agreed that angle is important. A good doctor can get it right though. I myself am not happy how my doctor at HASCI did it (she messed quite a few hairs up that way). If I wear it short it looks good, but longer I guess it comes really visible. Luckily I like it short But again, a good doctor like Rahal can get it right (and also the results I saw from other HASCI doctors looked quite good).

    Leave a comment:


  • CAlex
    replied
    Hey Hellouser

    Id say just bank the cash man but dont waste it on a ht treatment. Its great you're still planning to wait a year which shows your thinking things through. maybe in a years time we will have some more info on histogen efficacy and timeline which would greatly aid any decision you make.

    Dr. Rahal and Dr. Feller were in my top 3. Hold off as long as you can though IMO. Your mindset might change in a year so and you may no longer be defined or limited by your hair loss. The thing that cant be changed or undone is a HT that just will never look/feel natural(esp hairline)

    I think hts can be helpful in in the crown and behind the hairline a few inches to really thicken things up. If histogen ends up coming to market and is able to increase density within a ht recipient zone it would make a huge difference in softening the hairline look and feel. Hellouser hopefully you've stabilized or only continue to lose at a slow pace so that histogen/replcel can arrive in time for you.

    @Arashi Angle is such a major issue.,not sure why so many people downplay it. even 20 degrees off would make your hair look really odd. it might not be as bad if that same 20 degrees was from like a regenerated hair from histogen or whatever versus an ht hair. HT hair just seems so lifeless and rigid.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arashi
    replied
    Originally posted by hellouser
    I've been wanting to go to Ottawa and meet with Dr. Rahal (or one of the docs there) for a consultation and see where I stand with options for FUE which should play well for an HST (I live about 4 hours drive away from Ottawa)
    Sounds like a good plan man. He's obviously one of the best and surely can give you a good indication on what FUE (and that's what I consider hasci's HST also to be) can do for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • huawei
    replied
    Yeah look the reality is that we're only three years away from having a "proto-cure" through the adjunct use of upcoming treatments, therapies and surgical techniques.

    While the upcoming use of new mixed treatments will not restore everyone's hair to the density of an NW1 it will be more than adequate compared to what we have now and those who will still throw their hands up and say "its not good enough, its not good enough!" just love their own misery. Plain and simple.

    Hold strong!

    Leave a comment:


  • hellouser
    replied
    Originally posted by Arashi
    I think the best way to answer that is to look at how your situation was 5-10 years ago. Of course there's not guarantee at all that your hairloss will progress at the same steady speed, but it still is the best indication you have. So if you can somewhat interpolate that result then you'll have at least an idea where you'd be without surgery in 5-10 years from now. Then shoot some good pics (which shouldnt be problem for you, hehe) and mail them to them and ask them what they think how many grafts they can transplant before your donor becomes visibly thinner.

    If you want something NOW I honestly believe HASCI is still the best current option (if you don't mind spending that kind of money). If you can wait a year, I'd suggest to wait and see how Pilofocus develops.
    I think I'm going to wait a year, the regeneration claims with Pilofocus *look* legit. Whether or not they actually are is a whole other issue.

    I've been wanting to go to Ottawa and meet with Dr. Rahal (or one of the docs there) for a consultation and see where I stand with options for FUE which should play well for an HST (I live about 4 hours drive away from Ottawa)

    Leave a comment:


  • crafter
    replied
    Originally posted by Arashi
    You do realize Jahoda already managed to expand DP cells in culture retaining their ability to generate grafts ? And that it worked on human skin ? Until recently this was just something we could only dream of ! And yes, of course there are still hurdles to take. The biggest obviously is safety. Since only 22% of genes were expressed, it has to be tested if this is a safe treatment in its current form. And then there are the intrinsic hair properties like angle and colour but these are less important. Who would care if the generated hair had a different colour, you'd just paint it. And who cares if the angle is not correct, just have the graft extracted and reimplanted with correct angle. Next year these guys who I dedicated this topic to, are going to start with the first clinical trial with artificial skin. Jahoda said they were confident they could start with trials 'soon' too (although 'soon' most probably means 2-3 years). Tsuji labs said a year ago they were planning to start trials in 3 years. The first iPS cell trial is recruiting patients right now. Statements like yours that it 'will always be 10 years' are just not making any sense to me, given recent breakthroughs and advancements. We're so close ! I'd be really amazed if we still have nothing in 10 years.

    Jahoda or the profess from Durham uni said they something like they were more interested in creating drugs rather than cloning and impanting hair, as they have learnt more about how hair grows. So if they take the drugs route it could take many more years

    Leave a comment:


  • Arashi
    replied
    Originally posted by hellouser
    If its taken me about 5-10 years to get to an NW3, you think an HT from Gho would be a decent way to BRIDGE for the time being? I want my hairline fixed now.
    I think the best way to answer that is to look at how your situation was 5-10 years ago. Of course there's no guarantee at all that your hairloss will progress at the same steady speed, but it still is the best indication you have. So if you can somewhat interpolate that result then you'll have at least an idea where you'd be without surgery in 5-10 years from now. Then shoot some good pics (which shouldnt be problem for you, hehe) and mail them to them and ask them what they think how many grafts they can transplant before your donor becomes visibly thinner.

    If you want something NOW I honestly believe HASCI is still the best current option (if you don't mind spending that kind of money). If you can wait a year, I'd suggest to wait and see how Pilofocus develops.

    Leave a comment:


  • burtandernie
    replied
    It kind of feels though like the FDA and as always, the clowns in congress are a big part of the slow progress. The trials to get FDA approval seem like they are a lot slower and limiting then they really need to be. Why are trials for say CB 03 01 as a topical for MPB treated the same as say some dangerous cancer or immune system drug. The threshhold of evidence to prove its safe just seems vastly different but they are all treated the same. Why cant CB 03 01 run multiple trials at once? Why force a series of sequential steps that adds up to many years it just seems a lot slower then it could be since all drugs are not created equal. I dont know anything about FDA approval though so maybe it really needs to be like this.
    Its pretty painful when a new thing needs at least 5 years to even see if it works that is a fraction of our life time not insignificant for someone with the problem.

    Leave a comment:


  • hellouser
    replied
    Originally posted by Arashi
    You do realize Jahoda already managed to expand DP cells in culture retaining their ability to generate grafts ? And that it worked on human skin ? Until recently this was just something we could only dream of ! And yes, of course there are still hurdles to take. The biggest obviously is safety. Since only 22% of genes were expressed, it has to be tested if this is a safe treatment in its current form. And then there are the intrinsic hair properties like angle and colour but these are less important. Who would care if the generated hair had a different colour, you'd just paint it. And who cares if the angle is not correct, just have the graft extracted and reimplanted with correct angle. Next year these guys who I dedicated this topic to, are going to start with the first clinical trial with artificial skin. Jahoda said they were confident they could start with trials 'soon' too (although 'soon' most probably means 2-3 years). Tsuji labs said a year ago they were planning to start trials in 3 years. The first iPS cell trial is recruiting patients right now. Statements like yours that it 'will always be 10 years' are just not making any sense to me, given recent breakthroughs and advancements. We're so close ! I'd be really amazed if we still have nothing in 10 years.
    If its taken me about 5-10 years to get to an NW3, you think an HT from Gho would be a decent way to BRIDGE for the time being? I want my hairline fixed now.

    Leave a comment:

Working...