Donor hair follicle preservation by partial follicular unit extraction, study
Collapse
X
-
Winston, thank you for your post. I am aware that many people don't think highly of Dr. Gho, because he had the same claims in 2006 and they proved nothing. But do you think he might have done it seriously this time? I mean who does the same mistake twice in this field and expects to get away with it? -
I heard Spencer Kobren talking about this on his show last week. He doesn't seem to impressed with Dr. Gho and mentioned that their might be some damage to the hair follicles that world not be visible until it is extracted and implanted at a later date. I guess time will tell.Leave a comment:
-
oh hmm, i wonder if they could remove the useful bit without actually removing the entire follicle....so whats left could heal and grow again....and whats taken could be transplanted, heal and start growing. If they have to actually remove whole follicles ...either way 2 for 1 is generally a good deal haha. It would finally make hair transplants actually worth while in my book.Leave a comment:
-
Layercake, as i understand it they would still have to remove donor hair, put only partially. It would be interesting to have a doctor's input on this one.
"This technique enables us to generate two hair follicles from one follicle with consistent results and preserve the donor area."
I see this as somewhere in the middle way between what we have now and hair cloning.Leave a comment:
-
so if they could perfect this......you could theoretically get transplants without removing the donor hair. That would be amazingly useful.Leave a comment:
-
Donor hair follicle preservation by partial follicular unit extraction, study
I just came across this. It's new stuff.
http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs...46630903359814
I suppose that's what one would call splitting the hairs
oh, and does this mean that the donor hairs could be used several times?Tags: None
Leave a comment: