Dr Bhatti : 2500 FUE Grafts : 14th Feb 2019
Collapse
X
-
Week 6 Update-
Week 6 Update-
So update after 6 weeks /1.5 month
Most of the transplanted hair have shed as you can see in the pics.
I am in the shedding phase now or the dreaded ugly duckling phase. But I am holding through
Quite a lot of hair came out with the clots only between day 15 - day 25 on shampooing only.Whatever were left had shed between day 25 and 1 month . Now cannot see any shedding
Followed the post op to the T.
But the transplant did not go undetected . Returned office after 2 weeks with a bandana . Removed the bandana after 5 more days . But even after 20 days co-workers were able to notice the straight hairline and tiny scabs . Many commented whether I had got a Hair transplant . Had to deny and blame it on an allergy.
So my next update will be at 3 month I think
Leave a comment:
-
Day 21 post op
Slight pain in donor area on touching. Little loss of sensation in recipient area.
Lot of hair come out with scabs/ clots from recipient area on shampoo . But Dr Bhatti has mentioned in post op booklet that this is completely normal.
Some questions that I want answers to-
1 Is it OK to use some hair fibres like toppic if required on recipient area .This is to hide balding region in shedding phase.
2 As you can see in the attached photos, some scabs are still stuck to hair in the recipient area .I am very gentle while shampooing. Is there any issue or I should let them come out in their own course ?
Leave a comment:
-
Day 9 photos
Mods can you change the thread topic to something like -
Dr Bhatti : 2500 FUE Grafts : 14th Feb 2019
So the off days from office are coming to an end on Day 11 i.e 25th Feb 2019 but the evidence of Hair transplant is still very much present. Will have to extend the offs by 3 days and return office on day 14 instead.
Maybe the condition improves . Anyways will be wearing a cap for some days till the condition is better.( Although I work in hotel industry , cap above formals will sure look funny but have to do what I have to do )
Rest Post op blues and staying free at home has caught up with me since past 3 days . The agonizing wait for the next 6 months and the dreaded ugly duckling phase worries me.
I still take comfort in the fact that I have already faced depressing times since past 5 years due to hair loss alone so just 6 months shouldn't be an issue to me.
Rest everything is OK . Following the cleaning procedure to the T which will last till day 15. .
Have restarted Finasteride 1 mg , Biotin 10 mg with other vitamins and minerals ( (Folli Hair ) . Was taking them pre op too so that is not a big thing for me.
Rest waiting to look a little normal again which I think should be till Day 14. Otherwise will use caps till whenever possible.
Leave a comment:
-
A Doubt on post op care :
Have a doubt of which couldnt find answer anywhere. It is just advised to sleep with your head elevated above your heart for first 3 days.
After how many days can I sleep normally i.e since my temple triangles are transplanted while tossing and turning they will surely touch the pillow. This can be prevented by using a neck pillow only.
Hence after how many days can I sleep normally without any fear of recipient area rubbing against the pillow.Leave a comment:
-
I also had this doubt since the same is mentioned in some threads on hairrestoration network too. However I feel that the density looks low immediately post op in Dr Bhatti's cases however the results density is not low.It looks good, clean work. Bhatti is one of my favourites and best candidates to do my transplant, the only concern is the density, most of his jobs show low density, I still don't know if that is by choice or some other reason. I am sure Spex will be able to clear my doubts.
I think you can also go to Dr Bhattis site darling buds and go to FAQ section Dr Bhatti has answered this over there.Leave a comment:
-
It looks good, clean work. Bhatti is one of my favourites and best candidates to do my transplant, the only concern is the density, most of his jobs show low density, I still don't know if that is by choice or some other reason. I am sure Spex will be able to clear my doubts.Leave a comment:
-
Detailed report
So Here goes my detailed report - Will try to keep it in points as I am better in writing that way.
Currently Day 3 post Op and recovering at home .
Day -1 -As mentioned above My HT date was 14th Feb . Had reached chandigarh on 13th Feb at 12pm*. Chandigarh is 7 hours away from my town and had taken a train. A hotel had already been prebooked .
Dr Bhatti's driver picked me up from the hotel at 1 pm for consultation 1 day prior. Met Dr Bhatti and his assistants Sonam and Shalini.*
Dr Bhatti quickly drew the hairline as shown* above to which I more or less agreed.
As usual anxious me had a couple of questions which I asked and Dr Bhatti gave short but clear answers to the same.
( Off Topic - Had already gone to Dr Bhatti 3 times prior to this since I stay just 7 hours drive away*, just for asking questions . Still had some more on HT day . I find it really courageous**of you guys to come to India from other countries for having HT done just by online consultation )
Was given some pretty standard medicines to take at night. Filled the forms*,made the payments ,**Got a blood test done *and was dropped back to the hotel by the driver.
So I was back in the hotel by 4pm at the most.
Day 0 - was picked up by the driver at 7am .
As soon as I reached the clinic the procedure started.
Dr Bhatti redrew the hairline he had drawn a day prior after this he himself shaved off my head. He mentioned that the hair in front ie midscalp are there and are able to currently*cover the area since I keep them*long but they will soon fall off anyway.He marked the line on my midscalp till which the transplantation will be done .
At 8.45 am the surgery started . Everything was standard as described in other threads.
Anaesthesia was given by doctor in donor area. Didnt pain much . Then Doctor bhatti proceeded to do the punches in donor area .
Here it was painless in some areas of scalp* while it pained a little in others . Dr Bhatti does try to distract you by talking about some other things during the process.
After this Dr Bhatti's team continued to take out the grafts till 11.20 am .*
Was given a light breakfast.
Post this Dr Bhatti anaesthetised the recipient area, again it pained a little during initial 10 minutes. Then the slits were made which feels like someone cutting a piece of paper . It was totally painless.
After this Dr Bhatti's team proceeded to implant the grafts.One positive comment by one of the girls in the team ( couldnt see her face to recognize ) was that results will be good in my case since the number of double haired grafts are more. Felt pretty happy listening to this.
By 2 pm everything was over .*
Was given a pizza and coke for lunch and asked to change to my normal clothes.
Dr Bhatti then did the dressing and explained the care for that day ( which I already knew by heart because of his videos on youtube )
Was back at the hotel by 4 pm .
So pretty standard stuff like mentioned in other threads . Some thoughts from my side -
1 It feels more like a treatment than a surgery*
2 Dr Bhatti and his**team is very disciplined* just like an army man should be. Things happen with such an ease that you sometimes feel unsettling because for you it is a big day for which you have planned for a year so you expect some drama.
3 You can compare the pain to a visit to a dentist maybe .
4 No pain/discomfort at all post surgery .You can literally forget about it if you don't look in the mirror.
So took all the care the day of the procedure. The most difficult part is to sit without any work and watch /read something* and to sleep upright late at night. I slept on a chair with a neck pillow at about 3 am.
Day +1 - Was picked up by Dr Bhatti's driver at 8 am . Dressing was changed . Everything looked normal in recipient area as per doctor.
Was explained post op care* thoroughly .*
Was explained the graft count Here it is -
total grafts - 2466
single- 217
double-1272
triple - 977
In hairline and mid scalp 2050 grafts were implanted. In Left temple 244 grafts were implanted In Right temple 172 grafts were implanted.
As per discharge note it is written that 2200 more grafts can be implanted if needed.When I asked Dr Bhatti also told me that donor quality is fair but density is little less.
Since 2466 grafts were implanted instead of 2500 , I was returned back the payment for remaining grafts .*
By 11 am was again back in the hotel
Day +2 - Since I was in Chandigarh this morning too , Dr bhatti's driver picked me up from the hotel at 9 am.
Dressing was removed today from the donor area .
Post this I took a cab to my hometown which is a 4 hour drive .
Currently I am On Day +3 . No discomfort at all.* . Following all instructions to the T.Passing time at home is surely difficult.
Have taken 10 days off from office so have 10 days post op to look normal again and return back to office unnoticed. If the scabs /redness* still remains after 10 days , I will wear a baseball cap in office to hide the signs . ( Have already bought 3 caps and a bandana )
At this point I can just thank Dr Bhatti , His team ( Sonam ,Shalini and others who performed the procedure but I do not know their names ) for making the entire process pretty easy , uneventful and without any unnecessary surprises.
Now geared up for the long wait ahead . Best way seems to focus on other aspects of my life and keep HT on a backburner for the next 5 months atleast . Intend to this after the initial 15 days in which post op care is required.
Fill be posting pics in some time.Leave a comment:
-
Thanks Spex.Your guides have helped me a lot.
Intend to keep posting on this forum and also on hair restoration network periodically till 1 year mark .
Will also share the thread details with Dr Bhatti via email.Leave a comment:
-
Well done - Dr Bhatti is excellent. Please keep us all updated !
Regards
SpexLeave a comment:
-
Finally have got the Hair Transpant Done Today
Currently back to my hotel room.
Other Details about my Transplant-
1 Started at 8.45 am today . Was over at 2.45pm.
2 Around 2470 grafts
Will Write a detailed post soon .
Attached are the pics yesterday in which Dr Bhatti made the hairline which I gave a go ahead on -
Also pics post hair transplant are attached-
Awaiting Replies.Leave a comment:
-
Date preponed to 14th February 2019
Hi guys .
So the latest update is that the date for my hair transplant has been preponed to 14th February : that is 10 days from today.
Reason for this is that Dr Bhatti wanted to do my hair transplant on a weekday and see my condition the next day .the previous date given to me was falling on a Friday and the next day being a saturday , doctor is not available at the clinic.
The reason why Dr Bhatti wanted to see me the next day is that I suffer from sabbhoric dermatitis of scalp ( which is nothing but a more severe form of dandruff ). He said that he wanted to see me the next day after my hair transplant due to this.
It is a mild condition in which your scalp is extra oily , sometimes scales are formed . To keep it under control I use ketocanazole shampoo twice a week.
Doctor has said that it is not much of an issue . I had offered to visit my dermatologist for inspection but according to Dr Bhatti it is not required.
So all in all , for preparation
Have booked two rooms at a hotel in Chandigarh from 13th Feb to 16th Feb . My parents will be with me.
Have applied leaves at office from 13th Feb to 24th Feb . So I will have 10 days to look all right and return to office .
Have booked train tickets and will be reaching Chandigarh on 13th Feb around 11pm.
Other than that have bought some caps and bandanas .
So all is set just counting days for the procedure.Leave a comment:
-
Good luck! Looks like with some hairspray you can do a pretty good job of hiding it? Thank god for hairspray
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: