View Full Version : 1800 grafts from DR. Feller

09-01-2012, 08:06 AM
I posted this on another site but thought I'd post it here too.

Just a little history about myself. I went to nuhart back in the early 90's. I was so disappointed, huge plugs and scars. It changed my life. I lost good jobs, had to wear a hat all the time because of what they had done. About three years later I decided to have them removed. So I went to a different doctor. he basically just took some sort of tool I picture to look like a straw and punched part of them out . The plugs were so big he couldn't get all of them out in one procedure, and I was to come back after this procedure healed. I had all these holes in my head, but they actually healed pretty good. Instead of going back to the same doctor. I decided to go to a local plastic surgeon. Big mistake ! This knucklehead takes a scalpel and cuts the rest of the grafts out, and sutchers them closed. I end up looking like frankenstein as one girl told me.
A couple years later i go back to the doc. that used the punch to see what he could do. he recommends going over the whole area with dermabrasion, which i agree to. The dermabrasion makes a huge difference, I'd guess at least a 50% or more difference. But the scars are still visable, but at least there are no huge divits.

I swore I'd never have another HT , but after reading some of these forums and seeing results posted. I decided a HT might be a solution to hiding my scars. I visited 4 different HT doctors ,and decided I felt most comfortable and confident with DR. Feller

I was very nervous when I arrived at feller medical on aug. 24 . This was going to be the fourth time getting a procedure done on my head and i wasn't looking forward to the dreaded injections. I told the staff how nervous i was , and they all made me feel comfortable. The injections ended up being not as bad as some of the other places I'd been to . don't get me wrong they still pinch , but not as bad as some of the other places i have been to.

I didn't have much pain after the procedure. It just felt like I had a tight fitting hat on. The only discomfort I've had so far is trying to sleep. I didn't have much swelling to speak of either.

09-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Good luck! Looks great :)

09-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Looks good! Keep us posted on your progress.

09-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks guy's. I'll update this over the next year. This was 8 day after picture.

09-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Sounds like you've been through a great deal. I truly hope you are able to get some closure with this most recent procedure. It can be difficult to put yourself back on the horse, so to say, but it sounds like you did your research this time. There's few things worse than making a decision like this in haste...Good luck, and keep everyone updated with your progress.

09-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Congrafts man any updates ? :cool:

09-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Not much to report. I took the staples out, they were due to come out at 14 days not the usual 10 day's. I didn't prepare very good in advance, waited to the 11 day to start looking for someone to take them out, and I didn't want to take the long drive back to feller. I called a few local places but everyone said to go back to the doctor that put them in. The 15 day was a saturday, and I wanted these things out, so decided to take them out myself :eek: I manage to get all of them out. 3 of them gave me some problems, I must have only had one of the prongs under the staple, or I didn't have the tool centered, and mangled up the staple pretty bad. The last one I mangled up so bad I had to just give it a JERK like the many fishing lures I"ve had stuck in my fingers ,arms and face -lol

After all that, I started getting paranoid that I might get an infection, even though I cleaned the area before and after with alchol. I'm on the 19 day and no sign of infection, knock on wood.
I'm still paranoid that I might have missed one, even though I can't see or feel any. I even ran the metal detector over my head -lol
The redness has been disappearing everyday, and a lot of hairs have shed, which I know is normal

Here's a picture from today

09-20-2012, 05:33 AM
Wow buddy that is a brave move taking out your stamps yourself.
Good luck with the healing.
Just had my second procedure and I know the feeling of having to wait to the hair grows back so that it makes a difference to your appearance

09-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Grow well! Long road ahead.

09-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks guy's
I don't know if it was brave or stupid, I know I felt stupid trying to get that mangled up staple out. I won't be taking any more out of myself in the future.

I'm getting a lot of new growth already, and the redness is gone.

Good luck with your procedure KD

01-08-2013, 10:23 AM
I thought I would update this. It's been 4 months, and hair is growing good. I'm happy with the results.

01-08-2013, 11:33 AM
It looks normal Frankenstein.Nothing happens for the first 3 to 4 months.

Then the growth should take off in the following months, and the maturation in the following later months.

Keep us updated.

01-11-2013, 03:25 AM
Coming on well mate ! :cool:



03-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Thought I'd update this while i'm thinking of it, I don't get on here much anymore. My hair is messed up to seperate my native hair from the ht hair. It's growing in nice. I can actually go out of the house without a hat on, first time for that in decades.

03-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Wow, I was just thinking it's been 7 months since my ht.

03-25-2013, 03:44 AM
Coming along nicely, Frankenstein! The final result will be great and boosted by your low skin/hair contrast.

08-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Man I understand what you been through : ( the injection : ( needle hurts at the beginning.

Tomorrow is my 10th day after my procedure. The good thing I am not far from Dr. feller medical. Cathy scheduled me for tomorrow to have the staples removed. I am nervous and I hope hope it won't hurt!!!!