View Full Version : shaving head prior to HT

08-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I am planning to get an HT sometime in december....would it be bad to shave my head right now? I dont know how much will grow back by december...does it matter?

08-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Unless you are doing a FUT and would like to have long hair in the back to cover the scar, then it would be a great idea to shave it all off. Have a look at if you like the look. You might even end up cancelling the surgery, if you like to rock the bald look ... If you never done it before - you might be surprised - it looks great on many people.

Who is your doc and is it FUE or FUT?
Hope you have done plenty of research...
Good luck.

08-09-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't yet have a doctor but i ideally want to have a FUE...I'm still in the process of doing research to pick the right doctor for me and going to various consultations...

any doctor recommendations or other advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

08-10-2012, 03:18 PM
If you have not picked a doctor yet, probably December is optimistic, as good doctors are booked some 4-6 month out. For FUE the list of top docs are short. It depends on your needs. My own short list was:

In case of a need up to 1200 grafts:
Feller, Feriduni, Rahal (random order)

Above 1500 grafts:
Feriduni or Rahal (random order)

Good luck.

Dr. Glenn Charles
08-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Shaving your head now will certainly have any negative effect on a procedure planned for December. When you choose your hair restoration doctor you need tom m ask them what hair length they prefer you have going into the procedure. Good luck.