View Full Version : Farjo live surgery

Mick from Farjo
06-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Dear all,

Thought that you may like to know about the live hair transplant surgery broadcast at Farjo HQ. I believe that this will be the first of its kind in the UK with both surgeon and patient taking part in a real-time Q & A via Twitter throughout the procedure.

The event will take place this coming Monday, June 11 starting at 10am U.K. (11 am western European, 5am Eastern and 2am Pacific Time) and will go on throughout the day

Our patient is a former premiership football player and current pundit who will be will be undergoing surgery to improve his receding hairline The event will be streamed live to viewers across the internet at http://livesurgery.farjo.net or via a link on our farjo.com website Join in the conversation on Twitter, using the hashtag #livetransplant and @BessamFarjo.

You and other viewers will be invited to submit questions via Twitter and engage in an online conversation throughout the course of the surgery, providing unique access to the procedure and its progress, from both the patient’s and surgeon’s points of view.

Brian Beacom, a well known journalist and author of a highly successful book “Diary of a hair transplant”, will be hosting the event.

We look forward to you joining us then!

06-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Sounds great Mick - look forward to watching it. :cool:

Follicle Death Row
06-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Who's the pundit? :D

Follicle Death Row
06-07-2012, 06:47 PM
It's Sir Bobby isn't it? :D

Seriously though, hardly Shearer? Lee Dixon? Hmmmm Merson's hair looks ok to me....Maybe Le God himself, Le Tissier? He could do with 2500 haha. :D

06-09-2012, 01:18 AM
This is great news, not just for the UK but everyone who has access to the internet, another chance to add to our research.

Good luck to Team Farjo!

I can only praise the fellow who has agreed to this, we can't bypass the chap agreeing to this in the first place, he's both brave and (though he'll be 'just' sitting in a chair all day) important.

So, a result for a UK clinic (no doubt) and a result (i hope!) for England who play France on the same day, big day.

I'll ask the pundit in the chair on the day, what he thinks the score will be, haa.

Mick from Farjo
06-11-2012, 04:21 AM

It is good to hear that you will be tuned in and asking away.

06-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Great day, worth checking out!

06-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Tens of thousands of people from across the globe tuned in to watch ex-England footballer Michael Gray take part in the UK's first live broadcast of a hair transplant.

Some 22,000 people watched the seven-hour operation, thought to be the first of its kind to be streamed live in the UK.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5h45VOwEUr4yBGrTaUilInUwi1xbg?docId=N01881813 39318861396A

06-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Just found out about it on here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4366320/Ex-Prem-stars-live-brhair-op-on-webbr.html

Very impressed.

Mick from Farjo
11-26-2012, 01:16 AM
There is now a video on our website showing some highlights of the event.

It is in the section "featured news"

11-26-2012, 02:08 AM
A great watch - Well done.

Look forward to seeing results in the coming months.:cool:

11-26-2012, 03:51 AM
22,000 is that all? Hardly a 'global audience' lol Perhaps it's true hair loss isnt such a big deal outside of these hair loss websites.