View Full Version : Hair piece/toupee

03-17-2012, 04:33 AM
I have read a lot of forums for the past 2 years, and tried many things. Now i want to give wearing a toupee a try. I read people saying, how you should work with a stylist, as he/she will customize it to look for natural and stuff. I have tried looking online a lot, and i don't want to be scammed again. So, if anyone could let me know how to go about this?
I live in toronto, canada.

03-17-2012, 06:50 AM
Id guess that you should expect to pay a lot for a decent hair system.

03-17-2012, 09:27 AM
A hair piece that has a cut in with a stylist is asspensive and they don't last for more then a few months.

If I had a load of money to spend, and it bothered me that much, I'd do one of the hair pieces like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJgSiwDdcok

03-17-2012, 10:30 AM
That looks amazing! Hairpieces like that cost only about $300 to $500 online. The key to making them appear natural at all times it probably to use a new one every couple of months. If you have a good stylist and get the color right, they look really good.

Tracy C
03-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Here is another video.

There are some really good prosthetic systems out there - but they are pricey.

Dr. Glenn Charles
03-18-2012, 08:51 PM
One of the biggest giveaways of a person wearing a hair piece is the hairline is very abrupt and there is just too much hair. I suggest you spend a little more to get better quality and have them keep the density realistic and age appropriate.

03-20-2012, 07:24 AM
I have considered going in to have a look at some wigs. I just don't know how it would work though... I wouldn't wear one yet but when I lose more hair, people will know straight away at work they see me one day with little hair and then the next I come in with a full head :confused::confused: