View Full Version : My transplant story

03-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Hey everyone,
I've been around this website for a year plus and finally decided it was time to share my story and pictures. To start, I had a bad hair transplant done when I was 23 years old, I was uneducated at the time and rushed into one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Since then I have been researching and looking for a way to hide my pluggy hairline. I decided to email Spex , as everyone here probably knows of. He gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision on how to proceed with it . (thanks again Spex)

I had a few options, in the end I decided with Dr William Lindsey. I'm a week out from my procedure with him and I am feeling really positive about everything. He cut out the bad scarring on my head from the first job and stiched me up nicely with a 2 layer trichophytic closure . I will include pictures of my old scar, it was "Fugly". Dr Lindsey is quite amazing at what he does , his staff is well trained and also amazing . Just wanted to say thanks to Dr Lindsey and his staff for taking care of me.

He took some detailed photos and I wanted to share them with everyone on this site. Hopefully i'm posting all this in the right place so I can post the pictures.

03-07-2012, 03:44 PM
hmm I'm not exactly sure how to get my URL or photos on here, can anyone help me with that please?

03-08-2012, 09:13 AM
try "insert image" at the "message:" section.

03-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Your willingness to share your story is greatly appreciated my friend.

03-09-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm going to link my thread to Dr Lindsey . maybe there is a way for him to post my operative photos , he is probably more experienced on this site then I am !
then I can update it month to month from there. Hoping to have them up in the next day or two.
Thanks for reading my case, it's much appreciated.

03-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Glad it all went well mate - You were in very good hands with Dr Lindsey.
Heal and grow well and please keep us all updated.:cool:

03-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks for adding those pictures Spex.

I think I forgot to add the amount of grafts placed.
I had 1002 singles
756 doubles/triples

03-10-2012, 02:21 AM
All good :cool:

Dr. Lindsey
03-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Thanks for posting. Now is the hard part....waiting for the hair to grow a bit, fall out and then the long wait for growth. But hang in there, and send pics monthly please.

Dr. L

04-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Good luck. I just had my procedure yesterday. Woke up today with no pain which is a good sign, with no help from pain killers which is even better.

Hope everything stays on track

04-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks for sharing these pictures. I also had your same experience. I am 22 and had a ht 9 months ago the results are very poor, my hairline was brough too low now I am looking for a good surgeon to fix it and once I do I will post my pictures here too. Thanks again and please continue posting monthly pics results.