View Full Version : hair loss in older women
03-25-2009, 09:23 AM
I am 62 years old and for the last 4 months have experienced quite a bit of hair loss. I went to my dermatologist and he determined I had Loose Anagen Syndrome. Apparently there is no cure or help. I have been ready lately that some hair shampoo products for cancer patients have helped keep the hair in the hair root. I am wondering if; 1. will taking Silica help strengthen or tighten the root to hold the hair, or 2. will using progesterone in some for help. I am very careful with handling my hair, however, it is now breaking off more often. I keep waiting for the anagen phase of hair growth to start again. HELP.
04-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Sounds like you can only try to prevent it but it is a very difficult thing to treat especially at your age because it is unexpected. A person usually grows out of LAS.
- Biotin is also good for strong hair growth.
- Laser treatment might help you for stimulating and strengthening the follicles.
- Don't go to the hairdresser unless you absolutely have to and then just ask them to trim it a little and gently.
- Use a silk pillow slip when you sleep.
- Don't brush or comb your hair. Just use gentle finger styling.
- Rather use gentle shampoos for children's hair than shampoos for hairloss. Shampoos for hairloss might be too stimulating for your delicate condition.