View Full Version : Medical Insurance Aboad

01-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Hi - I am from UK and have my HT booked for next month in Canada. I am wondering what the situation is with medical insurance. I have been told I need emergency medical insurance but I believe there are few, if any, companies in UK that will cover travel abroad for cosmetic surgery purposes. I would be grateful if anyone from UK has any info on this. Also I would be grateful for any tips on dealing with the journey home - getting through airport etc!

01-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Hello ClothesHorse, I am from the Uk to and travelled to New York for hair surgery 3 months ago.

Who are you seeing in Canada?

For the whole 'hair transplant journey' the best source of information there is around is Maximum hair minimum loss which has been produced by the Hair transplant veteran Spex, who is a member of this forum and the other major ones.

I purchased this and I highly recommend it.

All the questions you can think of and others you couldn't think of are all answered.

01-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi Chrisdav - thanks for your reply. I am seeing Dr Rahal after quite a lot of research. Just have a few last details sort out - I will definitely have a look for the information produced by Spex.
Hope things are going well for you at the three month stage.

01-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Yeah i am alright thanks, just passing the difficult 3 month stage.

Dr Rahal is one of the best guessed it would be him or Hasson&Wong.

Best of luck.