View Full Version : A question about the donor area

01-16-2012, 01:39 PM
I had a FUE transplant a month ago and in the donor area, small bumps are in that location...I talked to my surgeon two weeks ago about this and was told that it'll go away, but it's been two weeks and I wanted to post my picture to see if anyone else has encountered this. Thanks.

01-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Iíve never actually seen this before, but this does not mean it doesnít happen to a certain percentage of FUE patients. What did your doctor say was causing this? Out of curiosity, who did you have your surgery with and how were the grafts extracted, by hand or by machine?

01-16-2012, 06:59 PM
He didn't really say much concerning the bumps other than that they would improve and I am to return some weeks later for another follow-up...I think so that he can take a picture of the progress...They extracted it by machine...it was the neograft.

01-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Interesting. Were the grafts extracted by the doctor or the techs and can you tell us what state you had the surgery done?

01-17-2012, 04:34 PM
The whole operation was completed by the Techs and it was done in California

01-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Being that you appear to be of African descent this looks like it may be the beginnings of keloid formation. Did your doctor discuss this possibility or ask you if you are prone to keloid scar formations?

01-17-2012, 06:20 PM
I've not heard of a keloid formation but after googling it, I hope very much that that is not the case