View Full Version : Whom do I see to have hair loss assessed? Doctor? Nutritionist?

12-22-2011, 08:10 AM
I'm relatively new to hair loss. I had a slightly receding hairline since I was a teenager, but it was nothing I worried about because it remained relatively the same through my early 20s as well. And other than the recessed part, my hair was really thick.

I figured it would continue to recess, but I thought it would be gradual. This past year it seems that the pace has picked up. It's recessed quite a bit. I can't lie, it's been quite traumatic. I look so different. I can't imagine getting accustomed to it, it just doesn't look good.

I've been reading a little bit about treatments like Propecia which might possibly prevent further hair-loss. I hope this works, and that I might combine this with a hair transplant to restore what I lost... but I'm unclear as to the probability of success.

I any case, who's the best person to see about this? To give me an assessment of what I should do in my specific case? My doctor? A nutritionist? Are there hair doctors? I don't know where to go...

Any help would be MUCH, MUCH appreciated.


12-22-2011, 01:31 PM
See somebody that will perscribe you propecia or minoxidal.

Do not waste your time or your hair by seeing a nutritionilist.

Dr. Glenn Charles
12-26-2011, 08:36 PM
To get a accurate assessment of your current hair situation you want to see a hair restoration physician. I am not sure where you are located but hopefully there is one near by. I offer my patients a nutrition consultation while they are in my office. I do beleive that good nutrition is very important for general health as well as for healthy hair.