View Full Version : FUE into eyebrows

Dr. Feller
03-05-2009, 04:20 PM
This patient had lost the medial (middle) aspect of each eyebrow. Plan was to do 2 procedures to replace this lost hair.

120 FUE removed from back of the head, inspected and trimmed under microscope to insure only single hair FUs utilized, then implanted into eyebrows.

Photos are before/after 18 months after one procedure. Second procedure to thicken brows performed earlier this week.

I prefer to perform FUE on cases like this as a linear scar seems a bit overkill for such a small procedure.

Dr. Feller

03-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi Dr. Feller. Will the angle of the transplant hair eventually match the angle of the natural eyebrow? Does this take some time and does the patient have to trim his eyebrows often? I have naturally thin eyebrows so this interests me.

Dr. Feller
03-06-2009, 08:32 PM
The angles of the grafts exactly match the angles and pattern of his original brow hairs.

In his case, however, he has very wirey brow hairs which makes getting a "slick" look much more difficult without the use of wax-something he doesn't care to ever use. Ironically, the straightest hairs he has in the brows are the transplanted ones. To blend those with his native wirey hairs, he purposefully ruffles the entire brow to blend the new and the native together. It's actually quite effective and at a casual distance does not call attention to itself at all.

We just performed a second FUE on his brows to thicken everything up. That should do it for him unless and until he loses other areas of the brow.

I don't know how often he trims the hairs, but I imagine he would have to trim them a minimum of once per month.

03-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the reply Dr. Feller. :)

05-15-2009, 01:58 AM
sending email..