View Full Version : Physician or Trichologist for Testost. Levels??

09-21-2011, 05:59 AM
Hi guys! I'm originally from Canada but living in London, England right now and anyone from the area with experience in this that can give some advice is hugely appreciated.
I just wanted to get my testosterone levels checked and I've never done it before, so my question is do I go to a regular physician to do the tests or do I have to go to a trichologist?

Also, what kind of tests should I get? Is there a link or thread with this info? I stopped taking propecia after 5 1/2 months of using it because I was getting moderate side effects but after 1 1/2 years being off it I'd like to go back on but not before getting my testost. levels checked.

Thanks again!

Dr. Glenn Charles
09-25-2011, 07:46 PM
You may want to consider checking your hormone ( Testosterone/Estrogen/ DHT/ect.) using a saliva panel. They tend to be more accurate than blood testing methods. To make sure I often recommend saliva and blood testing and compare the results. You will probably have to find a anti-aging or age management doctor to find the saliva testing.

10-03-2011, 04:01 AM
thanks for the reply! I will book an appointment with a physician soon and see fi they are able to refer me to a doctor that does this kind of saliva testing.