PDA

View Full Version : What are the best Hair Transplant surgeries in London

Drake2012
09-11-2011, 07:59 AM
I have done a fair bit of groundwork on this subject having attended The Hospital Group and reading up. I am going to visit the Harley Street Hair Clinic within the next couple of weeks (jumping on the Rooney bandwagon) and was wondering if anyone had any experience or knowledge of any I may have overlooked.

I am going to pull the trigger on surgery before the end of the year so looking for some advice really.

Winston
09-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Be extremely careful when researching in the UK! Only go with a surgeon who is in the IAHRS. Check with www.iahrs.org. The UK is notorious for producing really bad results.

UKresponder
09-11-2011, 04:57 PM
WARNING!

There are no real strong advocates of UK hair surgeons, consistency of results are hard to find.

The UK usually cost more are not dedicated clinics and I am yet to see a huge range of good quality results.

DO NOT restrict yourself to a HT based solely on distance and travel costs. the UK is notoriously more expensive than the US.

Before you do anything speak to a Spex he has had over 10 years of helping people make the right choice and save them money and anxiety in the process.

He has helped thousands of guys and I nearly did a Uk clinic myself.

thank God I didn't

southeast_eu
09-11-2011, 06:13 PM
drake trust me the best one can be just you helped by a blade :)
good luck!!

Drake2012
09-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Be extremely careful when researching in the UK! Only go with a surgeon who is in the IAHRS. Check with www.iahrs.org. The UK is notorious for producing really bad results.

http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/united-kingdom/bessam-farjo/

Seems like he is the only one and he works in the London area.

http://farjo.net/

Drake2012
09-12-2011, 09:36 AM
WARNING!

There are no real strong advocates of UK hair surgeons, consistency of results are hard to find.

The UK usually cost more are not dedicated clinics and I am yet to see a huge range of good quality results.

DO NOT restrict yourself to a HT based solely on distance and travel costs. the UK is notoriously more expensive than the US.

Before you do anything speak to a Spex he has had over 10 years of helping people make the right choice and save them money and anxiety in the process.

He has helped thousands of guys and I nearly did a Uk clinic myself.

thank God I didn't

What is Spex?

PayDay
09-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Spex is a very knowledgeable hair transplant patient turned hair transplant salesman, who works for Dr. Alan Feller in the U.S. Dr. Feller is an expellant surgeon, but I donít think you can get really objective advice from him as far as choosing between Farjo in the U.K and traveling to the U.S. to see Feller. I do think you should consider all of your options, but I have noticed lately that Spex seems to get bent out of shape when other doctors get press in the U.K. Remember Spex is very knowledgeable and sounds like a very nice guy, but heís a hair transplant salesman who is also hawking an e-book and DVD tutorial on this and other hair forums. I would listen to what he has to say, but choose your surgeon based on more objective information.

Drake2012
09-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I will cut to the chase so who here has the best reputation and results?

Drake2012
09-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Bump then for this topic.

El Nino
09-14-2011, 12:10 PM
I will cut to the chase so who here has the best reputation and results?

Dr. Rahal in Canada.

Drake2012
09-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Dr. Rahal in Canada.

What about in the UK?

El Nino
09-15-2011, 11:19 AM
What about in the UK?

In my opinion, Dr. Bessam Farjo in Manchester is the best in the UK. But is not in the same league as the best elsewhere.

Drake2012
09-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Having looked at Ziering and the story of Jason Gardiner it looks like I might go with this company http://www.hairtransplantziering.co.uk/

Thoughts?

El Nino
09-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Ziering himself doesn't do the surgery in the UK, they use two Surgeons who I've never heard of. Have you looked at the website?

Jason Gardiner has had an average result in my opinion and is going around wearing concealer making it look better.

This is life changing surgery and it can go either way, change your life for the better or ruin it.

It really baffles me when people roll the dice and go somewhere average when then are well known World Class Surgeons.

wylie
09-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Getting a HT in the U.K. is like playing Russian Roulette. You are not going to get the same attention that Wayne Rooney received, nor can you hope to approach the level of surgeon skill and experience on your head that his head received.

You likely will be coming to the U.S. for a repair, so I'd advise you to start asking questions on who does the best repair work.

Drake2012
09-23-2011, 09:36 AM
http://farjo.net/

Will be going here next week for a consultation. He seems to be the best in terms of reputation and results in my vicinity.

Does he have an office in London for the consultancy?

HairFairy
09-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Drake2012 - I would suggest you have a consultation with more than one Surgeon and to do lots of research before deciding which surgeon to go with. Ask the clinic if they have patients they can refer you to that will speak with you regarding their experience and also if they will meet with you so you can see their results. That is not always possible - as you know, many suffering with hair loss prefer to remain discreet and anonymous. Choose a surgeon who specializes only in Hair Transplantations and does not also do 'other' cosmetic or elective surgeries.

Look on multiple forums - not just one - to see what is being said about the surgeons you are researching and the patient results being posted from them.

Dr. Mwamba's clinic is in Belgium, but he will be conducting consultations in London on November 5th

All the best!

------------------
Representative For IAHRS Member, Dr. Patrick Mwamba
sherri@mywhtc.com
www.mywhtc.com

GreatSage
10-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Anyone know which Doctor did Wayne Rooneys transplant?

Delphi
10-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Drake2012 - I would suggest you have a consultation with more than one Surgeon and to do lots of research before deciding which surgeon to go with. Ask the clinic if they have patients they can refer you to that will speak with you regarding their experience and also if they will meet with you so you can see their results. That is not always possible - as you know, many suffering with hair loss prefer to remain discreet and anonymous. Choose a surgeon who specializes only in Hair Transplantations and does not also do 'other' cosmetic or elective surgeries.

Look on multiple forums - not just one - to see what is being said about the surgeons you are researching and the patient results being posted from them.

Dr. Mwamba's clinic is in Belgium, but he will be conducting consultations in London on November 5th

All the best!

------------------
Representative For IAHRS Member, Dr. Patrick Mwamba
sherri@mywhtc.com
www.mywhtc.com

I disagree with hairfairy on one point, DO NOT trust other hair transplant forums!!!! They are hair transplant sales sites that try to get you to do free online consultations and sell hair loss products. One poster here said that as soon as he joined the hair transplant network a sales person private messaged him to sell him a hair transplant. This is the only legit site. If the doctor is not recomeneded here stay clear!
Dr. Farjo is supposed to be very good, but I see that Dr. Mwamba is on the IAHRS too so he must be a good choice too.

prodigy
10-14-2011, 04:00 PM
I think you're being harsh on Spex. He is very knowledgeable and i met with him for an hour in London a couple of months ago and he imparted great information with no heavy sales for Dr Feller.

I had already done the deal with Dr Rahal but it was great to meet him anyway. In my opinion, from my research, the surgeons that come up time and time again with good feedback are Doctors Rahal, Hassan & Wong and Feller.

67mph
10-17-2011, 12:04 PM
not sure here, so, to get a good consultation you have to go see the doc that will be doing the ht aswell as getting the vibes about them, right?

So, that said, if you're based in the UK, how on earth are you going to get in-person consults without spending thousands?, ok the doc may travel from time to time to the UK and if you're lucky you get to see your (top5 chosen) doc in person but those odds are not high, forgive me if i'm wrong here, and i'm sure some guys on the forum will line-up to correct me on all accounts here.

So, to sum up and impo, that would lead to only one of two outcomes:-

1) you travel round the world meeting up with you desired surgeons which of course would cost thousands, or
2) you meet up with the docs UK representatives ...but i see this like, meeting up with a junior nurse in the doctors waiting room rather than speaking to the doctor himself, sorry.

gaining back your hair is a rich mans game no doubt about it!

research research research

57mph

Drake2012
12-13-2011, 05:39 AM
I've had a look at this lately,

What are the pros of this, it sounds good but it is a completely different process.

http://www.dhiglobal.com/index.cfm/id/home/lang/british/setRegion/british%7CGB