View Full Version : Need advice on my bald spot & hairline (27)

06-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm 27 years old and I've had this bald spot for about 2 years. Here are a few pictures.

Hair are a few pics of what my hairline looks like in the front.

I've tried Rogaine but had to stop when my scalp got red. For what it's worth my family has no history of hairloss, both my grandfathers had a full head of hair, same with my father and uncles.

Honestly I'm leaning toward getting a hair transplant to cover it up and maybe improving my frontal hairline depending on cost, but I'd appreciate any advice that anyone can give me. Thanks.

06-19-2011, 05:43 AM
Firstly, try the Foam -

I had problems with the standard solution and am happy to say that they are not longer present with the foam. See a quality doctor from the IAHRS and get some proper advice. Don't dive into surgery. You still have decent coverage and medical therapies may work for you.

Obviously, the gold standard is Propecia. Unfortunately, there is somewhat of a backlash on this at the moment. I use it (with no problems at all) and since you are posting on Spencer's site, you should know that he has used it for 17 years!

Depending on where you live, you also have PRP / Acell which is a newer therapy that you might look into. Dare I say it, laser therapy also warrants a look.

06-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Definitely try and the foam and consider Finasteride, like 8868alex advised. I also think that you could benefit from a shorter hairstyle.

06-19-2011, 08:55 AM
I agree with Matt, sometimes a shorter cut can do wonders.

06-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Thank you both, I appreciate the advice.

06-21-2011, 02:44 AM
Look into the big 3 to help stabilise loss and may well even improve the situation.:cool: Stay on a steady reg for a year to truly see and monitor the benefits.