View Full Version : Dr DeYarman San Diego/Acell treatment of Donor Scar/4000 grafts

Dr James DeYarman
05-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Acell is a tissue regeneration product and was first introduced for hair loss at the meeting in Boston by Dr Jerry Cooley and Dr Gary Hitzig. Both doctors were both kind to share with me their experiences. Dr Coley recommended using Acell strips in the donor site before closing and treating the grafts with an Acell solutions prior to insertion.

Dr Hitzig instructed me on how to inject the Acell solution in the scalp to promote hair growth. I am grateful to both of these doctors for their insight. I also use PRP injections in the recipient area which speeds up the healing time.

I have been using Acell for the last 3 months and am now starting to see results. This video is of a patientís donor scar at three months. The patient had over 4000 grafts transplanted and the donor tissue removed was two centimeters wide and 30 centimeters in length. Prior to closing a strip of Acell was placed in the base of the donor site. The Acell strip was 2mm wide by 30 centimeters in length. A trichophytic closure was done with the removal of a 1mm wide strip along the inferior border and then the top border brought down over to close the area. The donor site was closed with staples and left in for ten days. This is a good example of how Acell promotes healing. Acell is a tissue regeneration product and will help prevent a lot of scar tissue forming and any damaged hair follicles to regenerate in the area. I also soaked the grafts in an Acell solution and injected PRP into the recipient area. I will be posting his results over this next

05-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Very nice looking scar . Thank you for posting .