View Full Version : 21 and worried

04-28-2011, 12:11 AM

im 21 and terribly worried about the top of my hair.
ive only been noticing over the past couple of months that i can start to see my scalp through my hair.

i have only the top portion of my hair not shaved ( i shave the sides and back of my hair) when i part it down the middle (you will see in the pics) the hair is very sparse and thin. i have male baldness in my family but they didnt go bald like this my uncle and my grandfather started loosing hair from the crown and a receding hair line. this is terrible sparse just when my hair is long. the sides that have been shave are thick and perfect and healthy.
its just where i have grown my hair long that the hair is sparse. i know i have a receding hairline but im really worried about the rest of my hair.
At the moment i am using rosemary essential oil and brushing my hair lots to try and regain some hair or stimulate the follicles. i was just wondering if anyone could please tell me what type of hair loss i have or what to do. i feel quite lost.

thank you for your time
and sorry for the size of the pictures couldnt figure out how to make them smaller

04-28-2011, 12:37 AM
ive been tryng to massage my scalp and taking zinc suppliments to try and thicken hair or slow down the hairloss process

04-28-2011, 12:51 AM
Hi - you appear to be suffering from MPB (male pattern baldness) DHT is attacking your hair. Best weapon is a DHT blocker such as finasteride. Hair loss is progressive so the sooner you act the better.

04-28-2011, 12:53 AM
its only where my hair is long though i thought MPB started like in the crown?