View Full Version : Paying it forward

04-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Hey friends,

I have used this forum in order to do some research for my HT and kind of check in with it weekly. I feel like I learned a lot through the process and in March finally decided to have a surgery with a recommended surgeon in Phoenix.

For me this forum has served as a reassurance while going through the process. Here I am showing a before pic (in sunlight) and some in the process pics the day of the surgery and after a couple afters. My hairline has just disappeared and I basically do a comb-forward so some friends are surprised that I even considered a HT.

Here are some pics after 2900 grafts with PRP (by request) and of course I am waiting for results and hope to see changes in July. Grafts have shed at 2 weeks and I am continuing the comb-over (including the strip scar).

I am glad that Dr. Alexander was conservative with the hairline placement (in my opinion) but aggressive with the number of grafts. Everyone wants a Hollywood hairline but I think my results will be great for the future...

Good luck and I hope it is is helpful to you...I will post more when I see some changes.

04-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Looking great! Congratulations and please continue to keep us posted.

Dr. Glenn Charles
04-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Hairline location looks really good. That is a lot of grafts in a relatively small area so you should end up with some pretty good density. Be patient and give it time.

04-11-2011, 02:41 AM
Dr A is the man - congrats!:cool:

04-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the comments guys.

One of the concerns I have had with getting a surgery has been about people noticing, especially my high school students.

I grew my hair a bit longer and made sure I had enough time to heal before coming back. As you can see the scar is hidden since I grew my hair long enough. The shock loss that you can see is noticeable to me but I am not sure others notice (maybe they just think it is continued balding).

If you check out my profile page I put up a lot of one month pics. I kind of wish I could have seen more of this (variety of face and lighting pics) from others at IAHRS site.

If you are worried about your job and HT... it can be done. I am doing it and believe me... teenagers notice everything and I haven't heard a word. After the summer when hair is growing may be another story.

If you check out my profile...feel free to leave a visitors comment.

Good luck!

04-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Looking great mate - grow well!

Link to your profile pics for others :