View Full Version : Which Concealer Should I Go For?

03-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi, i'm 27 and have a receeding hairline. I've recently been using regaine foam but it's still early days and i haven't noticed any improvement yet. Until the regaine really kicks in i've thought about using a concealer. So far i have it down to either nanogen or toppik.

I'm a little more overwhelmed by the choices. See http://www.hair123.co.uk/acatalog/toppik.html for example for all the different types you can choose from. I like the idea of a spray but there's the maximizer and the fibrehold spray.

Also what about hair colour. Looking on amazon they have a different products for different shades of your hair colour but this website doesn't seem to mention colour.

I'd really appeciate your advice.

Dr. Glenn Charles
03-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Some of my patients use a product called Prothik and like it. In most cases it is a series of trial and error. Some patients even use a combination of products. A few have told me that they work great with the Rogaine foam.

09-23-2014, 11:29 AM
The spray is so messy and can be greasy. I find the 'sprinkle' on concealers such as Nanogen and Toppik are much easier to apply and less messy and give an overall more natural look.

09-23-2014, 11:49 AM
I really LIKE 'Caboki'

09-29-2014, 04:18 AM
I really LIKE 'Caboki'

I also love caboki. I've noticed it holds up a lot better when wet compared to Toppik. In the shower, I don't see any of it come out until after I use shampoo. Also, doesn't stick to my scalp as much as caboki.

10-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Dermmatch is pretty good

10-05-2014, 01:20 PM
I really LIKE 'Caboki'

thanks I was gonnna try a different brand but now ill look into them

05-01-2015, 02:11 AM
If we compare Nanogen and Toppik, then Nanogen is far more better than Toppik as Nanogen it is made up of keratin and available in 9 or 10 shades. so it is suitable for almost anyone. and I doesn't glow in strong lights like toppik.