View Full Version : Minoxidil Questions

03-06-2011, 08:49 PM
I have just started using Minoxidil 10% Solution and had a few questions:

1. How long do you guys keep Minoxidil On, before you wash your hair? I usually keep it on or at least an hour in the morning and leave it on overnight.

2. How many times a day are you currently using it?

3. Is 10% too strong to start with?

Many Thanks

03-06-2011, 10:04 PM
I hate Minox. I hate it because it was so damn effective for me for 6 years and suddenly without warning I lost the hair I regrew. But they were a great 6years!

Anyway, if you're ok with it working for 5-6 years, here goes:

1.) I think the packaging says you should keep it on for 4 hours before shampooing it.

2.) I apply it once in the morning (7:30am) and about 7pm at night. For the time it worked for me (I'm still using it in the hope it will work again), I found that you can use it just once a day. Infact it's not the end of the world if you miss a day, a week or even a month. However if you use it dilligently you should see improvment within 6 months if I recall correctly.

3.) I didn't even realise you could get 10%. I started with 5% and that was fine. I'm not really sure why people don't start with the strongest dose unless it causes immunity like it did with me.

Dr. Glenn Charles
03-10-2011, 08:55 PM
I would recommend starting witha 5% Minoxidil for a mont or two before going with the 10%. This will give your scalp a little time to get used to the new medication and may help to avoid any side effects such as scalp irritation, itching, or redness.