View Full Version : Dr DeYarman San Diego/4000 FUT&PRP/age 35@11 months

Dr James DeYarman
01-13-2011, 05:01 PM
This 35 year old man came to me with NW6 hair loss. He was transplanted 11 months ago. PRP was injected into the balding area and the donor scar. He responded very well and extremely pleased with the results.

01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
What is PRP?

Also, is it usual for patients to be recommended to use Propecia and/or Minox after post-op?

Dr James DeYarman
01-19-2011, 06:59 PM
PRP stands for platelet rich plasma. This is created by drawing a sample of the patientís blood and spinning it down in a special centrifuge. After the sites are created in the area to be transplanted .1cc of PRP is injected every square centimeter and this is followed with injections of Thrombin. PRP will improve the healing and decrease the amount of redness after the surgery. I have been doing this over one year and all the patients that I have done this that are having a second surgery are amazed how much better they recover and how much faster the new hair grows in when comparing it to their first procedure where PRP was not used.
Your question concerning Propecia and minoxidil are yes these are recommended but a lot of patients do not what to do the minoxidil twice a day or do not want to take the Propecia because of the side effects.