View Full Version : hey, I am 19 and i am losing hair

12-29-2010, 01:08 AM
hey, im 19 years old and i am losing hair. I wanted to book an appointment with a dermatologist but my physician keeps on saying "you can't do anything about it" and he doesnt give me an appointment to a dermatologist. I live in Toronto, Canada and I think we need our physician to make an appointment with a dermatologist. I do not want to take any medications without professional advice, becuase i took a medicine called provillus for more than 2 months, and it isnt doing any good to me; not even that NO ONE is aware of it. I think if i take the proper medications, i might be able to slow down the hair loss. My father and brother are half bald too but they never tried to do anything about it. I am posting pictures of my head (ps its with flash, without flash it doesnt look THAT bald). Please give me an advice, what to do with it. IF you live in markham, toronto...if you know any good dermatologist, please let me know about that too.
thank you so so much!

12-31-2010, 09:46 PM
First off if your physician is saying there is nothing you can do about it and refuses to help you with a recommendation to a dermatologist then I say get a new Physician.

You don't need a physician to set up an appointment anyway, I have lived in Toronto, Halifax and Vancouver never had to get my doctor to do anything. I just research online and check them out.

Provillus from what I have read in the past is just isnt proven to do anything except take your money.

I would see a hair specialist or dermatologist or both and get some recommendations, since u are losing some on top by the looks of it they might recommend propecia to keep what you have up top and u could try monixal etc for possible regrowth.... see what they say is best, good to start early and if your bro and dad are bald, you might want to start early.. you dont always follow your parents and brothers fate but it can be a strong sign.

01-06-2011, 09:24 AM
I agree with morbby. First of all, you need to find a physician who is more caring and informed. You can find a list of dermatologist or hair restoration specialists in your area with a Google search- you can often find patients reviews of these practices the same way. Speak to a specialist about the possible of starting medical therapy, such as Propecia or Rogaine. These medications work best on young men who have just started to lose their hair so there is a good chance you will see a benefit.