PDA

View Full Version : Restarting Minoxdil after 5 months

aiyosh
11-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Anyone who has stopped Minoxidil after several months and restarting again came back with good results?

I was so stupid to hav stopped using Minoxidil, now my hairloss is so much worse than before...and i ve jus restarted using it and my initial shedding is pretty serious...does anyone know if u restart Minoxidil it will help regain the hair u ve lost again?

Spex
11-04-2010, 03:07 AM
Its a real unknown as very much an individual thing. I would recommend however sticking with it and seeing it thru this time rather than stop/start - This can cause drastic shedding.

donteverstopminox
10-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Hey aiyosh,

I just experienced the same thing. I'm dying to know if anyone ever came back with results after restarting minox. Would love to hear your story.

Thanks!

richter101
12-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Hey! I don't think you're stupid to have stopped. Eventually it stops becoming as potent anyways. I think it may be time to look into better solutions. Because I took the same path as you, but instead of going back- I found new options and solved my hair loss.

Step 1- Finasteride. Just swallow 1 pill a day, hasn't caused side effects. Super simple, easy, and effective. (really kicks in after a year)
Step 2- FUE hair transplant- Best decision of my life. Just had to do a lot of research on which Doc to choose.

Good luck! Keep me updated.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi (https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/members/32071-Parsa-Mohebi-MD)

Born Oct ’89
Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
Finasteride daily, since 2014
Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)