View Full Version : Quick Advice Needed in DC

09-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi, I currently have an appt with Dr. Giannotto in DC for an HT of 1500 grafts later this week. I'm new to the world of HTs, and literally, went from doing some light research one day, to a consultation the next, making a deposit and scheduling the procedure. Of course, after doing that, some anxiety set in and I started doing some deeper research which led to this great forum.

In researching this forum, it seems there's a very reputable alternative Dr. in the area (Dr. Lindsey) - had I found this forum first, I would have just gone directly to him. But in the meantime, I've layed down a deposit ($1500) and am curious if I should stay with Dr. Giannotto...who doesn't seem to get the best reviews on this site, or just lose the deposit and go with the Dr. with the better reputation.

Is there a strong consensus for/against Dr. Giannotto? What would you do? I should say that my experience thus far with his office has been great. The consultant I worked with has been very good about answering questions and I will meet the Dr. tomorrow for a consultation. I don't mind losing the deposit if in the long run, I'm better off getting the job with a better reputed Dr., but as I'm not independently wealthy, it would sting a bit which makes this decision a bit tough.

Let me know what you think? It's quite a dilemma for me. Thank you in advance for any and all responses.

09-13-2010, 07:40 PM
I think you answered your own question about him not getting the best reviews. I want to get a transplant too but I'm freaked out after reading all these reviews. How old are you and how bad is your hair?

09-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi, thx for your reply. I'm 37 and while I'm new to all the hair loss terminology, based on the charts, it looks like I'm a #3. While I've been losing my hair since my mid 20s, only recently it's becoming more noticeable and difficult to style.

09-13-2010, 11:40 PM
You are very lucky that you found this forum. You should be able to get a refund especially since you haven't even had a consultation with the doctor yet. Even if you don't get your money back consider yourself lucky and move on. You should take your time to research hair transplantation fully before you consider going through with the surgery.

09-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Although I'm not familiar with the physician you are scheduled with, consider that the potential cost of repair work (if the transplant looks unnatural or there is substantial scarring) would far surpass the deposit you stand to lose. Hair transplant results are something you will have to live with for the rest of your life so you definitely want to select the best physician available. So, if there's anything that makes you uneasy about the doctor you are scheduled with, by all means, back out while you can.

09-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Although my transplant is currently just growing in and i am waiting on results.. at this point I would definitely recommend Dr. Lindsey who is doing my work

09-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Look - You are not buying a car. This is your head! Take time do research - Meet with other medical groups in the area and listen to the guys on this forum.

Deposit??? if they are reputable and in it for you - they should have no problem understanding that you need time to think about this. Also, if they offered you a "sign up today" offer - I would RUN!!!

Take your time and meet with other Doctors. Meet with actual patients, not just one or two, but several! In my opinion if you just went in and they can do your surgery that soon - ummmmm - I would assume they are not too busy, which would also be a reason to check out your options....The fact that you are posting on this site would make me think you too have a little doubt...

Just Sayn'!!

09-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Just sayn'