View Full Version : Any H&W or Feller Repair patients not totally happy?

08-29-2010, 03:48 AM
Just curious if there are any repair patients that were not totally happy with their repairs......

Dr. Feller
08-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Unfortunately all doctors have paitents who aren't "totally happy", repair work or not. Me and my colleagues H@W included. Any doctor that tells you that they only have "totally happy" patients (repair or not), I suggest you run.

Some patients have had poor procedures in the past by clinics who were poorly skilled or just didn't care. This resulted in a slew of poor results from the 70s to the mid 90s. Then follicular unit grafting came in and as it became adopted by newer clinics much of the more egregious work disappeared. I nor H@W ever performed plug or thick minigraft surgery, however.

In terms of "repair" procedures, it mostly depends on the type of repair needed. For example, did the patient have plug work or thick mini graft work in the past? Was this work on the hairline? Was the hairline too high or too low? How is the donor area? etc...

Most poor transplant work can be significantly minized in a single surgery, but most require two or more (especially if the hairline was made too low with minigrafts by virtue of the fact that some old grafts/plugs may he to actually be removed). All of my patients are informed that they will likely need two procedures or even more to repair even a moderately poor job.

Here are a few repair patients:

08-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks Dr Feller

I totally agree with you I was just wondering as I am in need of repair to my hairline and rear donor scar in the near future

I was trying to make up my mind weather it be you, H&W or Cooley I was looking into Cooley as he has been researching Acell and feels he can pluck a hair and plant it into a scar and re grow a follicle ....the same with hypo pigmented pit scars he feels he can remove and set with Acell and it should heal without or at least minimal hypo pigmentation

A have seen several before and after photo's and each look like a FUE session was done but it was just plucked/tweezed hairs set in Acell

Along with several punched out grafts healing without scars.....

So my choice book is still open........

Just trying to do my homework

I may try and make an appointment for a 1 on 1 evaluation sometime in Dec with you if I could.....I live In PA