View Full Version : Can a small FUE case really make a difference? You bet. A presentation by Dr. Feller

Dr. Feller
08-07-2010, 11:12 AM
I am often asked can small procedures of FUE really make a signficant difference? If performed appropriately and correctly, the answer is an unqualified YES.

Take the case of this patient who had a surgery with a large chain clinic. He had many grafts implanted, but his hairline was filled with many two hair grafts-a big no no in the world of modern hair transplants.

To help correct the unnatural appearance and still allow him to look good for his upcoming wedding, we opted to do a small FUE procedure to fill between the improperly placed 2-hair grafts. We made particularly sure to check and trim all grafts under microscopes to make sure we used ONLY one hair grafts.

Dr. Feller

08-07-2010, 12:29 PM
More natural and increased density. Nice job. It would seem that FUE is ideal for small repairs and refinements.

Dr. Feller
08-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Thank you Matt.
I have several more examples of small FUE cases with big cosmetic differences that I will post this week. All doctors should appreciate and learn how to perform these small FUE surgeries. It's interesting, because I consider 400 or 500 grafts to be "small", yet only a few years ago they took all day.
All doctors should appreciate and learn the power of being able to remove just so many grafts without a strip as they can go so far in touch up and repair work. Like a fine brush. More later. Take care Matt.
My best to Dr. R.
Dr. F

08-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Dr Feller please give me your opinion.....
On larger graft sessions

Ive unfortunately been around the block with this whole field and now feel the only way FUE should be done is by adding body hair as you remove a follicle from the donor.

I think the only way FUE should be done is to do a 1 to 2 ratio for the first 3000 FUE grafts then a 1 to 1 for the rest

In other words 1 body hair graft for every 2 FUE scalp grafts for donor recharging

Then a 1 to 1 for every graft after 3000 .....So in total the max amount of FUE's that should be taken from anyone without recharging should be 1500!

(However if this was the case there would be less candidates for the procedure as not everyone is gifted with the correct texture body hair to pull it off)

And thats only if no scars from past work are present!........If there are scars from past work then it should only be 1 body hair graft for 1 FUE scalp graft....!

Otherwise the whole FUE idea can be detrimental as the area will thin to the point of very shallow density in anyone with a norwood 3 and beyond.......

I also agree that there should be no or at least a minimal charge for the recharging technique......All FUE Dr's should follow this guideline in my opinion......

Cole is one who I feel is not promoting this idea to its fullest ........I feel he may be getting stuck on the FUE only idea without much in terms of progressing to be the best.......

Though he is offering Acell he is not willing to use it as a tactical advantage other then to say he's using it......

I will also be doing an Acell test on a few white dots as well as adding a few extra grafts into my scar with the plucking technique over the next month or so with Dr Cooley ....

FUE and body hair will be my last resort if Acell does not give what is needed for my case

Cole after 10 days still has not responded to multiple requests about this issue so i may have no choice other then to go to another FUE/body hair expert

Dr. Feller
08-09-2010, 05:12 PM

Forgive me, but I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.
Can you break it down into short bites and I'll deal with them bit by bit, ok? I think you are assuming information that I don't yet have.

Dr. F