View Full Version : Hot hair dryer/blower

07-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Hi Guys,

I had a hair transplant a couple of months ago and today in hurry I used hair dryer/blower to the maximum setting.

I was planning for the day and didn’t realise that I over used the dryer to the point where pain(due to burning of scalp) was unbearable.

I quickly washed my hair with cold water however I realised that my scalp turned pink in colour.

I dont feel any sting or pain on my scalp anymore. However, I would like to know if over heating has destroyed the transplanted hair folliculars?
Any way to find out? Or I am just being paranoid?

Doctor's advice would be highly appreciated.


07-23-2010, 04:42 AM
At 2 months post op you'll be ok. My advice is - ease off the hairdryer heat ;)

Dr. Glenn Charles
07-23-2010, 08:15 PM
At 2 months post-op it would really be a skin issue more than a hair growing issue. You should be more careful when using higher heat setting. Either lower the heat or increase the distance from the scalp. I am sure that the redness will subside and everything will turn out ok.

07-24-2010, 04:29 AM
Thanks for replying.

Much appreciated!


07-26-2010, 11:41 AM
At this point post-op, it is extremely unlikely that you hurt the transplanted follicles.