PDA

View Full Version : 16 year old - Am i balding or just a silly hairline? (PICS)

Grimrae
10-15-2016, 07:09 PM
So basically my hairline is really odd and im near 100% certain it's receeding
It has like a NW2 look
I noticed this near the end of 2015 as i would dye my hair quite frequently.
I have since stopped dying my hair and my natural colour is coming out. My roots are a very very light blonde so it's sort of hard to see where my hair line starts because my roots and scalp blend in haha.
Anyway, i have a big forehead which i'm really anxious about but my dad has a big forehead too however he still has a full head of hair (he's 49). Im 17 in january.

Please bare in mind the left side of my head is shaved at a 2 so it may make one so look lesser than the other :)

Pictures : https://postimg.org/gallery/om4el8rw/6095d20f/

Meridian1000
10-16-2016, 01:18 AM
No you're not balding right now, and either way you're too young to be doing anything about it. You're in high school. Don't make the same mistake so many of us have made and start obsessing over your hair at such a young age. Get good grades, date some cute girls (who by the way would never even think you're losing hair), and enjoy college in a few years. When you're round 19-20, you can consider starting propecia but no earlier than that. Just take the recommend vitamins, you can easily find them (biotin, silica, msn, omega 3, magnesium etc) if you want to be safe. But again, you're 16. Don't waste you're high school years on this forum worrying about your hair. You'll miss the best years of your life.

orielonline
10-16-2016, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't speculate if you're losing hair or not. I would instead begin treatment in an effort to keep what you do have, which is a very nice head of hair IMO. Go to your doctor asap and ask to be put on a prescription of finesteride, and start using minoxidil.

Your hairline is slightly receding on the side but I wouldn't wait any longer.

richter101
11-04-2016, 10:34 PM
I'd suggest a combo of what both of these guys said.

If you're pretty sure (well you know you) and I'd go with your gut.

For now I'd just recommend a healthy lifestyle because you're still growing, but if it's begins progressing rapidly in the next year or 2 then begin taking propecia/ finistaride. And in a few more years, I'd suggest looking into getting your first FUE procedure.

Until then.. Enjoy life!!!!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi (https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/members/32071-Parsa-Mohebi-MD)

Born Oct ’89
Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
Finasteride daily, since 2014
Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

InfamousBradley
11-08-2016, 09:37 AM
Seems like you have a thinning issue but it is likely not do to genetics. It is VERY rare to start balding this young.
How is your diet? Stress levels? Have you been to a doctor for it?

StevenLaventine
11-10-2016, 03:27 PM
I don't see any problems for now. Does any of your parents/sibling have issues with hair loss? Are you generally stressed? What does your diet look like? What kind of shampoo are you using/How many time per week are you using it?

Here's a few tips for you:

- Change your diet: Ditch alcohol, sugar, coffee, fast food.
- Take supplements: Try to find a vitamin supplement that includes biotin.
- Change your shampoo: I would recommend Pura D'or Organic Shampoo (http://www.rescuemyhair.net/pura-dor-shampoo-review/). You can't expect miracles from it, but it's the best one (in my opinion)
- Massage: Try massaging your head for a couple of minutes every day. It helps blood circulation
- DO NOT: Try Finasteride, Rogaine for now. At your age, it'll do more bad than good.

Take pictures every 3-4 months. If you see that the problem is getting out of hands, take an appointment with a dermatologist and maybe, MAYBE try rogaine and or Fin.

BBay
11-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Also micro needling to top it off