PDA

View Full Version : Thinning around crown area at 15



ernashe
10-13-2016, 11:39 AM
Hi everyone. So since the start of the year i've started paying real close attention to my hair and was super paranoid about it when i had no real reason to be, until in recent photos, i've noticed that my crown area is a lot more thinner than it used to be.

It feels so thin when i run my hands through my crown area as compared to other areas on my head, and it's really visible too. It's literally consuming my life and im just wondering - is this just paranoia to a whole new level or do i actually have something to worry about?

My end of year exams are nearing and it's stressing me out a whole lot because im worrying about my hair and exams.

I live in Singapore, so it's real sunny and hot. I touch my hair a lot throughout the day. I use hanz de fuko shampoo and conditioner, and style my hair daily (not the crown tho, which is weird). Non of my parents/grandparents are bald, but thin on my dad and his dad and mum, non on my mother's side. Idk if that info helps but i thought i'd add it in.

The 1st pic is when it's wet and 3rd when dry. I'm only 15 so this is really concerning for me, please help!!!

490314903249033

Notgivingup2
10-13-2016, 01:48 PM
Hi little dude, hope you're doing well. You're only 15, and I don't think others here will disagree with me when I say you have nothing to worry about.

I always had a very similar crown to yours way before I ever even thought about hairloss.

Keep an eye on it, but don't obsess.

Other than that, be young, live your life, and forget about it.

richter101
10-14-2016, 11:25 PM
Hey Bro! I get you.. I started losing my hair early 20's.

I'd say keep an eye on it too but don't stress just yet. If it definitely starts getting worse I'd look into the following:

Toppik (Will conceal that little bald spot. Just use a very light amount!!)
Finasteride. I regret not using it sooner, but I was scared of the 5% chance of negative effect. Proud to say I'm part of the 95%. lol But I recommend you find a highly reviewed hair specialist in your area to consult with and only take it if he prescribes to you.

Good luck!


Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi (https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/members/32071-Parsa-Mohebi-MD)

Born Oct ’89
Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
Finasteride daily, since 2014
Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)