View Full Version : Post finastwride syndrome

10-04-2016, 04:24 PM
I was researching the pfs lately and i couldnt but notice that everyone says the dht hormones are bot there anymore but if this was true wouldnt people who suffer from pfsyndrome stop losing haor forever ? I mean no one talks about his hair loss after stopping finasteride and still suffering the side effects but if the hormonal dahe ia true shouldnt hair loss stop until dht hormones are back to normal ?

10-13-2016, 04:21 PM
I guess in theory that makes sense, but there is no model of why that would happen. So basically if it happens no one has any idea why if its from DHT or other things. If fin changed neurosteroid levels in the brain that might be at a different dose curve than what happens with DHT so they might not match up at all and then no one knows how these altered levels play into pfs just as an example. Other things besides just DHT change so its a lot more complicated then just DHT levels and really beyond current knowledge.
Which all comes back to why are we altering systemic hormone levels when DHT local to the hair follicles is really the problem? We certainly dont understand much about the intricacies hormones play in the body