View Full Version : Where to go UK?

09-25-2016, 12:54 PM
Hi there,

I'm 22 and I've been wanting a HT for years!!! I know people say wait until 25 but I'm ready for a HT now.

I have a really high forehead and with my hair going back (about a NW3) I've just lost all my confidence!

I have been to two consultations, one with Vinci and one with Ziering! Both mentioned around 1250 grafts. Ziering wanted me to go on finasteride for around a year before having a HT in the summer 2017, changing the strength of the finasteride every 3 months. Whilst, Vinci said there was no need to go on finasteride yet as my crown seems fine and I can always start taking it later if I decide. Vinci would look at giving me a hair transplant at Christmas or easter at London or Malaga!

Does anyone recommend either or is there somewhere else I should visit.

Thank you! Sorry for the poor post but I just want to get the ball rolling on a hair transplant!!!

09-25-2016, 05:53 PM
Yea 22 is too young but so is 25.

Post pics

09-25-2016, 06:49 PM
The fact the Vinci did not suggest medical management at your age is a big reason to cross them off your list. At least Ziering suggested you start on medication and come back in a year. Have a few more consultations with IAHRS surgeons just to get checked out by real experts. Make sure you see a doctor and not just a consultant. in general getting a hair transplant at 22 or 23 is a bad idea.

09-26-2016, 12:51 PM
Is there a list of IAHRS surgeons? a quick google said there was 3 in the uk - thanks for replying so quickly, I will upload pictures soon!

I'm aware that 22 may be too young but I want to get back my confidence and enjoy my life at the moment as I know when I'm older it won't bother me as much. It's hard being the only one of my friends group with a receeding hairline and being told constantly I look 30!!! I'm more than willing to take medication but couldn't I have the HT then start taking it to try and keep most of my natural hair?

09-29-2016, 03:56 AM
Hi there,
22 years old is very young indeed. Best get your situ stabilised via medical therapy for a minimum of 2 years and then reassess the situation.
What ifs you go get a HT and your loss becomes very aggressive ( for one reason or another ) You are then going to be in a situation you wish you weren't.
Hair loss is progressive. Get it STABILISED and be sure it is and then consider HT - ONLY if its required!