View Full Version : 8 Months Post-Op. How are my results?

09-14-2016, 09:19 PM

I am 8 months post-op from my first FUT procedure where I had 4800 grafts transplanted.
I'd just like to ask if I achieved decent results?

I apologize as I've just posted only one pre-op photo, so there is not a lot to compare with. I hope it's enough. I've posted a couple of hairline photos under different lighting and a few top photos also under different lighting....

...and that's just the thing. I feel like under certain lighting and certain angles, the hair looks pretty good, but under other lighting it looks quite poor. I honestly wasn't entirely prepared for this "illusory" quality to the hair. I'm wondering if this is normal, or if perhaps I just didn't achieve very good results?

I feel that the low density of the hairline presents a 'see through' look that makes the hair look somewhat fake at times. I was aware that I would need more than one procedure when I decided to go ahead with the first one.

I'm wondering if it would be worth it to go and get another procedure right away? Would a single procedure do much to improve the density, or am I still looking at multiple procedures?

09-14-2016, 10:05 PM
I think it looks markedly better. 4800 is a lot though and you already had a lot of natural hair left so in that case I could see your concern. But just looking at the pics there's a definite improvement.

09-15-2016, 07:11 AM
Too hard to tell without more before pics with similar angles. What were you on the Norwood scale?

WHTC Clinic
09-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Hi. You still have some time before booking a follow-up surgery. The future can be much more brighter. Would you happen to have the immediate post-op photos?

Thanks for sharing.

Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD
09-17-2016, 04:52 AM
It looks like you are improving and it is early. The procedure was rather large but a little see through is not a bad thing, especially as you age and grow into a mature looking hair line.

09-17-2016, 08:51 AM
Much better shape to frame your face. Overall I think this is a really nice result, congrats. Maybe you could go for a follow up if you're not happy with the density you end up with