PDA

View Full Version : Derma rolling with topicals. Skin wants hairy skin!

Skin
09-12-2016, 03:41 AM
Hi everyone!

I have decided to take the plunge into derma rolling. Having seen many posts and threads on the subject I feel the results that have been seen are worth aspiring too. My routine at this point won't be following the swiss temples regime. However I most likely will head more towards that after new year. I want to give what I have an honest go before I start trying to obtain research chemicals.

So jumping into my plans for the remainder of the year!

Topical finasteride and minoxidil, evey day.
Stemoxidine, garnier fructis. Everyday.
Nitzoral. 2xweekly
Alpecin shampoo 4 or 5 times a week.
Derma rolling. 1.5ml x 192 needles. 1xweekly.

In the next couple of weeks I will add some castor oil and rosemary into the mix. Most likely stick it on before bed.

I have been on the topical fin and min for around 2 and a half months along with tbe Nitzoral(big 3) and I feel I have already started to notice results in the form of general thickening and I have loads of new hairs around my temples. I'm not a novice to the fin and min game. I used it for the best part of a year (I think it was 2012) and responded well. So I know what to expect. So far I am responding better to this topical mix. I.e I didn't get much in the temples before. So basically I've decided to take my baseline photos now as I have a feeling that the fin and min are going to kick in well over the next month. At the moment the thickening is slight and the new hairs are only visible on close Inspection.

On friday I decided to start derma rolling. I will be going for 1xweekly aiming for wounding. Trying not to draw blood. On these days I will apply my morning fin and min, wait at least four hours, wash it out, clean up and dermaroll. I then miss my evening dose and then continue the next day as normal with the topicals. That basically gives me around 15 to 18 hours rest between rolling and applying my fin and min. I know the study says leave it 24 hours, but I want to see how this pans out for me.

My usual day routine is..

Fin and min topicality. First thing In morning after washing hair with Nitzoral or alpecin.

Afternoon. Stemoxidine. 3 or 4 ish mil all over scalp.

Evening. Quick shower and apply topical fin and min. (This is around 7pm).

This is basically it so far. I'm looking to add castor oil and rosemary as a bed time topical. And as time goes by and maybe, depending on results by new year, I'm considering obtaining some research chemicals and head closer to a swiss temples type routine.

I think that's everything so far! I will start uploading pics today.

Skin
09-12-2016, 03:49 AM
Pics

Skin
09-13-2016, 01:19 AM
On a side note.

My hair looks terrible in that bathroom light. I will do all my comparison photos in there. I waited for it to get dark outside so it's easier for me to make sure the lighting is consistent. Also my hair is buzzed on grade 3. At new year I will grade it again.

Skin
09-16-2016, 10:19 AM
Derma rolling day.

I've picked Fridays as I don't work over the weekend so it's easy enough to let my scalp recover and be cared for.

It's only the second time I've rolled. I went slower today and pushed down firmly. It hurt a bit more than last time and had lots of spots of blood. Last time I only had a few. I personally think that today I pushed too hard. But still wasn't the torture session I've heard about.

No topicals until morning.

Skin
09-16-2016, 11:17 AM

yassineakermi
09-17-2016, 12:17 AM
nice improvement

Skin
09-17-2016, 01:18 AM
nice improvement

So far all the pics are baseline. I took them all last week.

I probably should edit my original post.

I started fin and minox topically around 2 and a half months ago. I have started to notice slight improvements recently. I did try minox before and used it for a few years. I also did oral fin for around a year. But I have not used anything for around 3 years. So I'm not a novice to the game.

I stared again now with derma rolling in hopes to see better improvements.

So far I will say that I am getting on well with the topical finasreride and minoxidil mix. I haven't had a crazy shed and I have had no sides to complain about.

yassineakermi
09-17-2016, 01:48 AM
wow. improvement

Skin
09-21-2016, 09:59 AM
Just a quick note.

For the last 13 years I've had a small cyst on my crown. If you look at my pics you can see a small red pimple near the middle of the bald spot. It flares up now and again but never goes. I always thought it maybe from a time when I was cutting some blackthorn and jabbed my head on a branch. Anyway since my second derma roll it has gone! I can still slightly feel where it was but is virtually dissappeared. Im really happy with that after 13 years.

Anyway. I will continue with a weekly update on fridays after rolling. Pics every month.

Regards.

Skin
09-23-2016, 10:17 AM
Well as I said, Its my friday update.

Dermarolling went fine again. I drove it home quite firmly this time. I have found that this is quite difficult for me to gauge as it really doesn't hurt me much at all.

This time I would say I have around 100 spots of blood spread out on my scalp. which is a bit more than last time. But like I say I deliberately pushed harder. I realise that I originally said I would only roll to the point of redness. For some stupid reason I cant resist going harder.

So I am throwing a question out to the readers with rolling experience, especially those who have had some results.

How far do you go with the rolling? I'm concerned that I seem to have a high pain threshold in my scalp and as a result it's hard for me to judge!

Thank you in advance!

As far as any results go, I am seeing new hairs as a result of the fin and min. It's still way to early to attribute anything to dermarolling.

Have a great weekend guys!

Skin
09-30-2016, 07:27 AM
Ok so I'm on my 3rd week of Dermarolling.

Bit more painful today. Drove it home hard. My scalp makes popping noises as the needles penetrate the skin! Blood dots all over.

I'm getting on well with the topical fin and minox. No side effects to report. Today I started my 4th bottle so it's been three months.

Stemoxydine is going well too, no issues with this at all. coming to my 4th week with this I think

Over all things are going pretty well. I have had some general thickening of existing hairs and lots of new hairs. When I say lots, I mean hundreds. They are very fine but seem to become more cosmetically viable each week.

I wasn't going to post any pics this week as I wanted to wait for an obvious difference but I will show you where I'm at so far.

I believe still it may just be the fin/min and keto (maybe also the stemox) that is working. It's probably early doors to contribute this to dermarolling.

It's certainly no miricle, but give me 5 mins and I'll let you decide.

Skin
09-30-2016, 07:34 AM

Ok like I say its no miracle. The lighting is different and next week I will take one with the same lighting as my base line pic.

But can you see my temples? They have been slick bald for maybe 6-7 years. Now I have hundreds of hairs(tiny yes) all over them.

Here's a pic of my temples at baseline just as the fin was kicking in(maybe 4 weeks ago, I forget) bare in mind I had already been on fin for 2 months when I took these temple shots. the lighting is similar to my current pic.

here again is where I'm at now.

Skin
09-30-2016, 07:53 AM
I can clearly see new hair growth on the temples. It's actually bloody working. I just hope they become thicker and thicker and more abundant. I know my hair still looks crap, but I'm going to hope for the best.

Skin
09-30-2016, 08:11 AM
My base line pics were taken 2 and 3 weeks ago roughly. I took them quickly because I started to see hundreds of tiny hairs coming through. 2 weeks later and they have become longer, darker and more abundant. Fingers crossed this carries on!

Skin
10-01-2016, 05:01 AM
My scalp is feeling a little tender today!

I've been pondering on stemoydine today. It says to use it for 3 months and have a break. I can't see much about how long to take a break from it. I should complete the 3 months around the beginning of December. I'm going to take a 2 month break.

What I'm pondering on is what to bridge the 2 month gap with.

At the moment I'm thinking of bridging with lithium chloride, hyaluronic acid and a castor and rosemary oil.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards.

hanginginthewire
10-01-2016, 07:58 AM
How old are you skin?

Skin
10-01-2016, 01:38 PM
How old are you skin?

Hi.

I'm 37.

Skin
10-07-2016, 04:25 AM
All going well. No issues to report.

Painful ish dermaroll session.

progress so far.

(today) Lighting is slightly different, but clear differences are apparent.

There's thickening all over generally, especially on the crown and centre of head. The fine hairs on my temples are in the hundreds but are not cosmetic(yet).

Happy so far!

Skin
10-07-2016, 04:31 AM
Before and after

Meridian1000
10-07-2016, 05:24 AM
Genuine question: Has anyone experienced extreme thinning of healthy hair while derma rolling?

Skin
10-08-2016, 05:46 AM
Genuine question: Has anyone experienced extreme thinning of healthy hair while derma rolling?

Personally I haven't. However my hair loss had pretty much stabilised before I jumped on the minoxidil and fin. Haven't really had and big sheds in 3 years. Since starting this treatment I've only shed a couple of hairs a day.

Skin
10-09-2016, 04:18 AM
Just putting down some observations.

The cyst I had on my crown is still nowhere to be found since derma rolling. I had it for years and years.

I have a scar in the middle of my head from a stone that has smoothed out.

And importantly I notice that my scalp after rolling is much more absorbant for a few days afterwards. My topicals are getting soaked up a lot quicker. Today it almost felt I almost didn't have enough solution to cover my scalp. So to conclude that wounding also helps with absorption over the following days. This has not had an impact on sides for me.

No problems to report. Only positive experiences so far.

Skin
10-15-2016, 09:11 AM
All going fine.

Dermarolled yesterday. Nice and hard. It definitely helps if I roll around my head lightly first then increase the pressure. It hurts less.

Minoxidil and fin is going fine. No sides to report. Everything down below is normal. Everything on top is getting slowly thicker.

Stemoxydine. Fine. No problems.

It's all a slow process but I am still noticing thicker hair in general and my temples are filling out with fine hair. Some are becoming more pronounced. Shedding is near zero.

I've buzzed my head to grade 1. And I've ordered some castor and rosemary (with other goodies) to use for when I have a break from the Stemoxydine.

All the best for another week.

Skin
11-11-2016, 07:54 AM

These are pics from september, october and november respectively.

I will be updating monthly from now on. I will also be growing my hair between now and Christmas then grade 3 it in new year so we can compare the progress.

All is well. No sides from min or fin. I'm on my last 3 weeks with stemoxidime and have bought redensyl to replace it. Also I have some castor and rosemary oil to try out. I'll continue with nizoral and alpecin for shampoos. Wounding going fine, I went a bit softer last week.

Over all im seeing steady results. The pics are as close as I could get for light and angle. I am wearing the same tshirt in pics 1 and 2 but they are nearly a month apart and pic 3 is another month. Hair is the same length as I grade 3 it.