PDA

View Full Version : diffuse hairloss, still want to get HT

wannamyhairback
08-30-2016, 02:49 PM
HI All, I am 28 years old male , suffering from diffusing hairloss , as it makes me not good candidate, already lost 60-70 % of my hairs which certainly makes my life not as it used to be i would like to know if there is someone suffering from same issue, i have had a chance to discuss my situation with plenty of ishrs approved surgeons , and have been told both good and not good candidate, so i am confused: confused: i am posting my pictures would like to know your opinions

hanginginthewire
08-30-2016, 03:00 PM
Did they say you were diffused PATTERNED or UNPATTERNED?

wannamyhairback
08-30-2016, 03:34 PM
Hi hanginginthewire, umm actually none of them mentioned about it, if am not mistaken with unpatterned patients, HT can not be even discussed, i think i am patterned

hanginginthewire
08-30-2016, 05:03 PM
What were the reasons given when you were told you were not a good candidate?

wannamyhairback
08-31-2016, 12:28 AM
i was told so , as my donor area were also shedding

HTsoon
08-31-2016, 06:13 AM
The only real way to be properly evaluated for a hair transplant is to have your donor area microscopically evaluated in person. This will allow the physician to know how much miniaturization you have in the donor area, anything above 20% may mean that you're not a suitable candidate, are you on any hair loss medication? if you're not you may want to try that for a year before looking in to hair transplantation. The main issue I see with you is that you still have A LOT of your own hair left, this means that you are at great risk for shock loss.

The pictures you have taken can be misleading, the first one is with your hair wet, even people without Androgenetic Alopecia would see scalp with wet hair, the other pictures are taken with flash, you should have neutral lighting and if possible take pictures in HD.

I had diffuse hair loss and I got two transplants, going on my third in October to address the crown and thicken up the midscalp, the first picture is what I looked like before, attached are some comparisons. I went in person to several different doctors that personally examined my donor area under microscope to ensure I was a candidate, I suggest you do the same.

hanginginthewire
08-31-2016, 08:22 AM
HTSOON, I forget if you had FUT or FUE?

hanginginthewire
08-31-2016, 08:41 AM
Also it looks like YOU had a lot of hair left as well, weren't you at risk of shock loss? Did you have any?

HTsoon
08-31-2016, 08:46 AM
Ive only had FUE, i had a lot less hair then you think, my top had stopped growing. I didnt suffer shock loss that i noticed. It could be that i did i just couldnt tell the difference.

Dispare
08-31-2016, 10:01 AM
HTsoon, that is some transformation. Hope your third surgery goes smoothly.

Where did you get your surgeries and what was your graft breakdown.

I'm a diffuser too, but meds don't seem to be working. I have been thinking of getting an FUT with possible FUE in the future to try and get the maximum grafts I can.

Keep us posted.

wannamyhairback
08-31-2016, 03:17 PM
HTsoon thanks for encouraging words, what kind of medication or therapy you would suggest? personally i do not believe any medical therapy would be good enough to get desired density as i think HT is only way. if it is possible could you please tell where did you get your HT done? it looks perfect btw , your third one will be probably on your crown area

HTsoon
08-31-2016, 04:12 PM
HTsoon thanks for encouraging words, what kind of medication or therapy you would suggest? personally i do not believe any medical therapy would be good enough to get desired density as i think HT is only way. if it is possible could you please tell where did you get your HT done? it looks perfect btw , your third one will be probably on your crown area

I think youd be surprised how much medical therapy could help diffuse hair loss, i would suggest going to an endocrinologist and getting your DHT levels checked, with the prescription from a doctor you can take prooecia at a low dose. You would also benefit from a high quality minoxidil like lipogaine. I would also throw in some nizoral as well. I went to Dr. Diep for my hair restoration.

wannamyhairback
11-08-2016, 09:24 AM
HT Soon , i am wondering how was your third operation, i hope wverything went smooth for you

HTsoon
11-08-2016, 11:46 AM
HT Soon , i am wondering how was your third operation, i hope wverything went smooth for you

Everything went smooth, I'm currently 3 weeks post op, I had about 1,300 grafts via FUE, so I'm currently at 5,300 grafts total, i've been documenting my journey on YouTube under the same username.

wannamyhairback
11-08-2016, 01:06 PM
i have found your videos, i am really happy for you mate, you did it , you reached the goal, its perfect first two operations no doubt the third one will have equal results. all the best, i hope i will get what i desire one day

MostlyIrish
11-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Yea Dr. Diep is amazing and HTsoon has great results so far and I am sure will continue. Wannamyhairback, I recently posted about a concealer. I understand your dead set on Hair Transplant but consider the limitations for diffused loss especially in the donor area. You do look rather thin in the donor area. With that said, I think medical intervention and more importantly correct diet and supplements is most, in some cases only beneficial for the rare subset of diffused male thinning. I think you should adjust your diet and supplements consider medication as HTsoon suggested, laser comb, scalp massages, things like that first. Not saying the latter work but in my experience people with diffused thinning really need to get their hormones and blood flow in check. With that, you can use the concealer i posted about it works best for diffused thinning because you still have hair everywhere just thinning. Its called GoFybr (I am only a customer I do not work for or gain any monetary value for this opinion). Once you start using it I bet you never stop and it may give you the confidence boost you need for the next few years while we patiently wait for a better treatment option without depleting your donor hair. Just my thoughts.

wannamyhairback
11-08-2016, 03:41 PM
Yea Dr. Diep is amazing and HTsoon has great results so far and I am sure will continue. Wannamyhairback, I recently posted about a concealer. I understand your dead set on Hair Transplant but consider the limitations for diffused loss especially in the donor area. You do look rather thin in the donor area. With that said, I think medical intervention and more importantly correct diet and supplements is most, in some cases only beneficial for the rare subset of diffused male thinning. I think you should adjust your diet and supplements consider medication as HTsoon suggested, laser comb, scalp massages, things like that first. Not saying the latter work but in my experience people with diffused thinning really need to get their hormones and blood flow in check. With that, you can use the concealer i posted about it works best for diffused thinning because you still have hair everywhere just thinning. Its called GoFybr (I am only a customer I do not work for or gain any monetary value for this opinion). Once you start using it I bet you never stop and it may give you the confidence boost you need for the next few years while we patiently wait for a better treatment option without depleting your donor hair. Just my thoughts.

Thanks mate for sharing your thoughts with me, to be honest i dont like the concealer as i find it very annoying , it limits you that is not what i wanted for sure, moreover i have used the concealers before, with regards to diet and treatment, its been two month since i am on propecia, i do give attention to what i eat, i consume a lot of fruits vegetables, fish chicken, pumpkin seeds and avoid red meats, diary products, sugar, i also shaved my head to apply some natural remedies before getting done hairtransplants, i have to agree with you as diffuser i do not have ideal donor area, but i do think some works could be done in the professional hands. i know no matter what i will get it done,

mic28
11-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Hi wannamyhairback,

I am a similar diffuse pattern as yourself. To be honest the last few months for me have been awful as I was on 2mg oral minoxidil daily and stopped as I believed I was going to get a hair transplant. Due to a couple of other factors I held off on the transplant and I have had an awful post minoxidil shed since. Never really had any shedding on the back and sides until I used oral minoxidil.
It could very well have ruined my chances of a hair transplant in the future.
looking back Both oral and topical
Minoxidil have not worked well for me and finasteride also caused me to shed a lot.
I'm now off all drugs until this shed ceases if it ever does and I am holding tight for this Italian lotion to see when it is coming out. Clutching at straws really!

MostlyIrish
11-08-2016, 03:55 PM
If you are going to get a hair transplant either way I would make sure you go to someone very skilled. The best so far that I have seen is Dr. Diep in Los Gatos, CA (huge collection of you tube 1 year follow ups) and if your feeling adventurous Dr. Erdogan in Turkey might be hands down the best in the world. Anyway good luck. Not sure what concealer you used but if I had your head of hair I would be using concealer every day. You have good coverage already. Good luck mate don't forget to enjoy life and thank whoever that you can stand sit run and use two arms, many people would give up a head of hair to have their legs back. I know that doesn't always help but even with hair loss I cant help but to feel blessed and fortunate. Just saying. Take care.

wannamyhairback
11-08-2016, 03:59 PM
Hi wannamyhairback,

I am a similar diffuse pattern as yourself. To be honest the last few months for me have been awful as I was on 2mg oral minoxidil daily and stopped as I believed I was going to get a hair transplant. Due to a couple of other factors I held off on the transplant and I have had an awful post minoxidil shed since. Never really had any shedding on the back and sides until I used oral minoxidil.
It could very well have ruined my chances of a hair transplant in the future.
looking back Both oral and topical
Minoxidil have not worked well for me and finasteride also caused me to shed a lot.
I'm now off all drugs until this shed ceases if it ever does and I am holding tight for this Italian lotion to see when it is coming out. Clutching at straws really!

Hi Mic28

i am sorry to hear that you experience such a bad time, i totally understand you, but i think you should not have stopped medications as shedding is considered the first phase of treatment, personally i do not favor minoxidil, but it works for some people i was going to use it but i saw the guy on youtube using minoxidil for great period of time but ended up losing all that gained thanks to minoxidil, and i think minoxidil changes the texture of the hair and makes it minoxidil dependent. Did you contact with any surgeons about your situation? id you did what answers you got so far?

What is that italian lotion btw?

wannamyhairback
11-08-2016, 04:13 PM
If you are going to get a hair transplant either way I would make sure you go to someone very skilled. The best so far that I have seen is Dr. Diep in Los Gatos, CA (huge collection of you tube 1 year follow ups) and if your feeling adventurous Dr. Erdogan in Turkey might be hands down the best in the world. Anyway good luck. Not sure what concealer you used but if I had your head of hair I would be using concealer every day. You have good coverage already. Good luck mate don't forget to enjoy life and thank whoever that you can stand sit run and use two arms, many people would give up a head of hair to have their legs back. I know that doesn't always help but even with hair loss I cant help but to feel blessed and fortunate. Just saying. Take care.

MostlyIrish
i totally agree with you about people with far worse conditions,it goes without saying we have to be thankful to the God that we can still run speak hear, But i also do know nothing can make me more happier than getting my hair back, i have a lot of information about both surgeons you mentioned above, USA is out of option for sure due to financial situation of mine , i already contacted with Dr, Koray and have been suggested to give a try to propecia at least for 6 months, i checked almost all results of that guy, since i live in italy i know a bit italian so i checked italian forums, i also know turkish language like my mother tongue, he is the one of two surgeons in Turkey has no any bad comments on the turkish forums. that was what amazed me a lot!