PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone on here had a hair transplant with Dr. Rahal?

JSmyth
08-04-2016, 08:39 PM
I have consulted with Dr. Rahal and he recommended 1,500 grafts to restore the corners of my hairline. I told him I preferred FUE to FUT. Could anyone who has had an HT done with Dr. Rahal please share their experience?

Meridian1000
08-05-2016, 12:06 AM
Wish you the best of luck with your decision, but I would strongly advise you to do your research on who exactly will be performing your extractions if you opt for an FUE in this clinic or any other. Rahal excels in FUT. Please look around the forums and you should get some more insight from past patients and their results.

JSmyth
08-06-2016, 08:27 AM
Wish you the best of luck with your decision, but I would strongly advise you to do your research on who exactly will be performing your extractions if you opt for an FUE in this clinic or any other. Rahal excels in FUT. Please look around the forums and you should get some more insight from past patients and their results.

I have seen some of his FUE and it looked good? Are you saying it's not a good idea?

Meridian1000
08-07-2016, 05:00 PM
I'll say that the hair transplant industry is a business first a foremost and unless you've actually spoken to FUE patients of his or any other clinic, you haven't done the necessary research. My opinion is that if you want a good FUT you'll most likely do fine in Rahal's hands. If you want an FUE, consider clinics where you are sure the doctor is doing the extractions him or herself, how long they have been performing FUE etc. I would not feel comfortable in a clinic that uses technicians to extract grafts. Look at forum postings, not a clinics website. A clinic does not advertise poor results. There is plenty of information floating around. That really is all I can say. I sincerely wish you the best, and I hope you make a smart decision.

Meridian1000
08-07-2016, 09:56 PM
At the very least, have a consultation with Dr. Bisanga. He was the most thorough surgeon with whom I had a consult. Magnification and mapping areas by density, future planning, etc. I'm a prospective repair patient and was genuinely impressed by his candor and demeanor. I have not had surgery with him, though I have spoken to patients and most seem very happy.

DAVE52
08-08-2016, 07:02 AM
I have consulted with Dr. Rahal and he recommended 1,500 grafts to restore the corners of my hairline.

Are you prepared for future HT's once you start to recede elsewhere

Louish
08-08-2016, 08:20 AM
I'll say that the hair transplant industry is a business first a foremost and unless you've actually spoken to FUE patients of his or any other clinic, you haven't done the necessary research. My opinion is that if you want a good FUT you'll most likely do fine in Rahal's hands. If you want an FUE, consider clinics where you are sure the doctor is doing the extractions him or herself, how long they have been performing FUE etc. I would not feel comfortable in a clinic that uses technicians to extract grafts. Look at forum postings, not a clinics website. A clinic does not advertise poor results. There is plenty of information floating around. That really is all I can say. I sincerely wish you the best, and I hope you make a smart decision.

I got 2500 grafts on my hairline from Rahal last November. While this is true he doesn't perform the extractions himself, which I knew beforehand, the RN performing them has some serious surgeon skills. At Rahal's it is a team effort and Dr Rahal chose really well his staff. The advantage of this is being able to do up to 3000 grafts sessions in a reasonable amount of time. So far my results are amazing! While there I spoke to people from all around the world coming to Ottawa just for the Rahal quality. Some were coming for the second time and told me they would never go anywhere else and their results were nothing short of amazing like mine. I would never go anywhere else either. So far that is my experience with Rahal!

Meridian1000
08-08-2016, 08:29 AM
I got 2500 grafts on my hairline from Rahal last November. While this is true he doesn't perform the extractions himself, which I knew beforehand, the RN performing them has some serious surgeon skills. At Rahal's it is a team effort and Dr Rahal chose really well his staff. The advantage of this is being able to do up to 3000 grafts sessions in a reasonable amount of time. So far my results are amazing! While there I spoke to people from all around the world coming to Ottawa just for the Rahal quality. Some were coming for the second time and told me they would never go anywhere else and their results were nothing short of amazing like mine. I would never go anywhere else either. So far that is my experience with Rahal!

Very happy for you and that you got an awesome result! I'm not a fan of large extractions in a single day either, but each clinic has their protocol. Are you happy with the state your donor? Was you extraction pattern spread out (homogenous) or ore concentrated? All the best!

Louish
08-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Very happy for you and that you got an awesome result! I'm not a fan of large extractions in a single day either, but each clinic has their protocol. Are you happy with the state your donor? Was you extraction pattern spread out (homogenous) or ore concentrated? All the best!

Everyone is impressed with my donor, it really doesn't show. I got a buzz cut on the sides and back, 0 gauge and you need to know to notice anything. Only 2 or 3 spots have a bit more missing but the rest is evenly spread. Donor did hurt like a bitch from day 3 to 10 though. Apparently it is the nerve connections healing themselves. For sure I looked like shit for some time after but now I am so glad I did it. My head was so swollen the next day I would never do a 2 days straight surgery like some clinics do. Never

Meridian1000
08-08-2016, 08:19 PM
To do 2 says straight is really not to inconvenience you. It's to ensure the vasculature is not compromised, reduce donor damage, reduce surgeon fatigue, and increase survival rate, amongst other things. This is also made possible by motorized punches which, in and of themselves, compromised survivability. Let's be very honest here, to have 3000 grafts removed via FUE and not display at all with a 0 guard is incredibly unlikely. Unless you have a very, very dense donor area. If that is the case for you, that is truly amazing and to say I'm happy for you is an understatement.

Meridian1000
08-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Everyone is impressed with my donor, it really doesn't show. I got a buzz cut on the sides and back, 0 gauge and you need to know to notice anything. Only 2 or 3 spots have a bit more missing but the rest is evenly spread. Donor did hurt like a bitch from day 3 to 10 though. Apparently it is the nerve connections healing themselves. For sure I looked like shit for some time after but now I am so glad I did it. My head was so swollen the next day I would never do a 2 days straight surgery like some clinics do. Never

If you don't my getting into your regimen, did you use rogaine after your procedure or did you just let the growth happen on it's own? Have had an FUE and feel the rogaine irritated my recipient area more than anything.

JSmyth
08-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Was this an FUE procedure? How does the hairline look/do you have photos? How do the scars look?

JSmyth
08-11-2016, 02:09 PM

Was this an FUE procedure? How does the transplanted hair look? Do you have photos? How is the donor area scarring/shock loss?

HeadstrongNY
08-12-2016, 08:03 AM
If a hair transplant is the only option you are exploring currently, I would do as much research as possible. I have had the worst experience with my procedure. I am blessed SMP changed things around, but please don't go through what I went through

Louish
08-14-2016, 09:53 AM
To do 2 says straight is really not to inconvenience you. It's to ensure the vasculature is not compromised, reduce donor damage, reduce surgeon fatigue, and increase survival rate, amongst other things. This is also made possible by motorized punches which, in and of themselves, compromised survivability. Let's be very honest here, to have 3000 grafts removed via FUE and not display at all with a 0 guard is incredibly unlikely. Unless you have a very, very dense donor area. If that is the case for you, that is truly amazing and to say I'm happy for you is an understatement.

Sorry for the delay my notifications were off. They don't use motorized punches, they only use a .08 sharp punch. Since it is a team effort there is no surgeon fatigue issue. I wouldn't say you can't see it at all if you know it's been done, but if you don't know you wouldn't notice for sure. People knowing I had an HT barely see anything and only from very close.

Louish
08-14-2016, 09:55 AM
If you don't my getting into your regimen, did you use rogaine after your procedure or did you just let the growth happen on it's own? Have had an FUE and feel the rogaine irritated my recipient area more than anything.

They recommended using Rogaine among other things but it was at my discretion. I don't believe in Rogaine so I did not.

Louish
08-14-2016, 09:58 AM
Was this an FUE procedure? How does the hairline look/do you have photos? How do the scars look?

Yes FUE, I got plenty of pictures but I would need first to blur my face on them, i'll try to get the time to do it. Hairline is perfect, I am delighted with the results. I got some shockloss in the recipient area since I got a lot of graft among hair that were already there. Eveything grew back within a few weeks. You need to have faith because it looks real bad at first lol.