PDA

View Full Version : Is generic finasteride really effective?

woodnor
07-21-2016, 10:38 PM
Hey guys, I've been taking Proscar for almost 3 years now. I live in Peru. The thing is for the last months Proscar and Propecia have been nowhere to be found, and I think they're not gonna sell it anymore here.

I've always been reluctant of getting generic fin because I've read stories here that it doesn't work. There's also no website that I know of that ships Proscar to Peru.

Now the options for generic fin here are one called Folcres and another one called Lopecia (both are 5mg, for splitting). I think the labs that make them are from South America.

Do you guys know of any of these brands? Is generic fin really effective?

woodnor
08-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Please, can anyone help? :(

Spex
08-02-2016, 12:39 AM
I think if from a reputable manufacturer then generic finasterdie is fine.

pkipling
08-02-2016, 10:47 AM
I have taken Finasteride (the generic form of Propecia/Proscar) and have found it to was as expected. I've never taken the brand name, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it's widely accepted in the medical/pharmaceutical field that the generic brands are just as good as the name brand. I'm sure there may be a few exceptions to this, but I think that's a good general rule to follow.

And as Spex said, I think it has more to do with the manufacturer of the generic medication than anything else.

woodnor
10-01-2016, 03:11 PM
I have taken Finasteride (the generic form of Propecia/Proscar) and have found it to was as expected. I've never taken the brand name, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it's widely accepted in the medical/pharmaceutical field that the generic brands are just as good as the name brand. I'm sure there may be a few exceptions to this, but I think that's a good general rule to follow.

And as Spex said, I think it has more to do with the manufacturer of the generic medication than anything else.

I see, I was asking because I have seen a lot of people here say that generic finasteride isn't that good, gives them more side-effects, etc. Thanks

burtandernie
10-01-2016, 03:19 PM
I dont know why people even ask this. If your buying legit generic fin then short of a some huge scam where a company is producing fakes its the same thing as propecia. The active ingredient is exactly the same.

woodnor
12-14-2016, 02:06 PM
I dont know why people even ask this. If your buying legit generic fin then short of a some huge scam where a company is producing fakes its the same thing as propecia. The active ingredient is exactly the same.

The reason I asked this question was because I had seen people post about this in the past, so buying generic scared me. If I hadn't seen these kinds of posts I probably wouldn't have even asked. I think there are people that start doubting because maybe it's hard to know if the company is legit or not.