View Full Version : Fue are the real results worth it ?

05-15-2016, 12:37 PM
Hi with so many mixed results and the mine field of real reviews , not ones which are doctored or used to promote a surgeon , does the fue procedure give good actual results as in density , hairline restoration etc. I am considering it but to get honest real results seems difficult as each surgeon has good and bad reviews and then all the advise seems to state dont put your expectations too high alont with photo results which seem to have been doctored . How do you judge what percent of people who have undergone the procedure are happy with the results ? or is just a blind leap of faith and hope for the best . Ive read lots of forums but still very mixed results . thanks

Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD
05-15-2016, 05:43 PM
It is medicine so results will not be amazing every time. I am sure the photos are the trophy patient results in most situations. Expectations need to be realistic and it is very patient, and clinic dependent.
As an example, we are notorious for telling people they are not good candidates or should not do it, and patients are surprised. And even when we do this, and try to select who would get the better results, we are still sometimes surprised by less the perfect outcomes. I do not think it is FUE only, but any hair transplant, cosmetic procedure, or even regular medicine (think how many people go in for chemo to still not clear a cancer).
Your expectations have to be hope for the best but be ready for other situations. Find the clinic and doctor you are comfortable with, because you want to have as many things in your favor as possible.