PDA

View Full Version : Thorn Medical Clinc

nickk
04-05-2016, 08:17 AM
http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/thorn-medical-plc-joint-venture-to-provide-stem-cell-cure-for-baldness-574585671.html

http://www.thornmedical.com

FooFighter
04-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Omg, we are cured, lol! Come on. This is bullshit scum. If they are legit why they don’t do clinical trials in rich and healthy countries? Why nobody knows nothing about them in hair loss industry?

strife91
04-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Because of the strict rules on stem cell research.they are opening up shop in the Bahamas because they are free to do so as opposed to other countries where it would be much harder. This technology is actually not that new and hopefully they can step up and deliver. Read for info on the company http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/pharmaceuticalsandchemicals/12116049/Stem-cell-research-drives-Thorn-to-seek-LSE-backing.html

Cartech78
04-05-2016, 03:50 PM
I hope they are not bull shi**ing us here, but at least there is more press about aga and companies are starting to invest in research because they know the cure is lucrative.

joachim
04-05-2016, 05:01 PM
they can't be serious, although i always dreamed of such a news coming out of the blue.

they say only 10% of their newly created follicles stay alive but it is enough to provide a full cure. they sound so confidant, it's unbelievable. reminds me of dr. nigam, with all the bold lies. could this be the return of dr. nigam? =) BTW nigams site has been down for a long time now. he probably got jailed or just gave up.

however, the story sounds real and interesting, but it will turn out as dissapointment of course.
also, the fact they are setting this clinic up in the bahamas is nice. jarjarbinx aka nameless always suggested to set up new treatments there. his dreams come true.

but if a scam or not, it will get clear very soon. and if they get exposed as scammers, they can close their business anyway.

willy
04-05-2016, 09:37 PM
So fake ...look at their financial statements, what are their operations / revenue? This is the typical hype - go public - dump.

allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
04-06-2016, 03:12 AM
Hahaha, well you can't accuse them of not going all-in. Those are some bold statements to say the least.

NeedHairASAP
04-06-2016, 06:13 AM
So fake ...look at their financial statements, what are their operations / revenue? This is the typical hype - go public - dump.

They have almost $100M in assets, 33 of which is property, plant and equipment. I'm not sure it's fair to characterize them as a boiler room shell company.

Arashi
04-06-2016, 04:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt_M3geYchc

I wouldnt be surprised if she's related to Dr Nigam, LOL.

I predicted these type of people would come and go until we have a real cure (in 10, 20, 30 years ?). Unfortunately, so far it seems I'm spot on.

Of course at this point it's speculation but man seeing that woman talking about micro pigmentation 1.5 year ago and now she's found answers to the questions regarding stem cells that the smartest researchers in the world dont have any answers to ? :)

We're so far away from a stem cell cure, it's quite sad actually. Tsuji Labs still doing experiments on damn mice ... That tells us enough.

Trouse5858
04-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Shouldn't stem cells be one of the safest routes possible? What on earth is the holdup to getting human trials off the ground and running?

Arashi
04-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Shouldn't stem cells be one of the safest routes possible? What on earth is the holdup to getting human trials off the ground and running?

I think the problem is differentiation. It's what generally holding the field back. How do you instruct a stem cell to become a DP cell. The way I understand it is that that's the biggest hurdle to be taken.

And then getting stem cells itself is currently still a very complex process with high risks of generated stem cells going cancerous.

NeedHairASAP
04-06-2016, 07:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt_M3geYchc

I wouldnt be surprised if she's related to Dr Nigam, LOL.

I predicted these type of people would come and go until we have a real cure (in 10, 20, 30 years ?). Unfortunately, so far it seems I'm spot on.

Of course at this point it's speculation but man seeing that woman talking about micro pigmentation 1.5 year ago and now she's found answers to the questions regarding stem cells that the smartest researchers in the world dont have any answers to ? :)

We're so far away from a stem cell cure, it's quite sad actually. Tsuji Labs still doing experiments on damn mice ... That tells us enough.

The smartest researchers in the world aren't working on MPB. cots etc. are second or third rate researchers. They're the best hair loss researchers in the world.

Like how there is a difference between the best restaurant in your city and being the best chinese restaurant in your city.

FooFighter
04-06-2016, 08:27 PM
The smartest researchers in the world aren't working on MPB. cots etc. are second or third rate researchers. They're the best hair loss researchers in the world.

Like how there is a difference between the best restaurant in your city and being the best chinese restaurant in your city.

True. There are only maybe 100 hair loss researchers all around the world. Most of the researchers are interested in cancer, heart, brain, lung science than hair loss. On MPB i will say works fourth rate researchers.

My opinion is that if you merge top 5 universities in the world to solve hair loss problem they will do that within 5 years. In last 15 years progress has been made, but maybe hair loss is too hard to be solve? Who knows...

Arashi
04-07-2016, 06:26 AM

Finally somethign we agree upon :) Yes of course I was talking about the smartest researchers in this field. But then again, I'm actually happy that more researchers work at trying to solve cancer than hairloss. Compared to cancer, hairloss is just a joke. It would be nice to see it solved though one day ;) But I've already come to terms that that's not going to happen for us anymore. Maybe our children though, if they're lucky.

Trouse5858
04-07-2016, 06:56 AM
Never underestimate the power of capitalism. The fact that there are so many entrenched teams already working on cures for diseases like cancer may make it less appealing to people looking to enter the field of regenerative medicine. They may feel they're already too far behind, and it's also conceivable that a researcher views cancer as something that may simply never be cured.

Hair loss on the other hand, is a wide open market. Go to any public setting and bald guys are around in droves. I would guess that 9 out of 10 wish they weren't, and would s'gladly spend 'X' amount of disposal income to reverse their fortune. A true maintenance option that is more effective and much safer than fin could stand to make billions. Obviously studying the deadly diseases is more noble and important, but I don't think it's as practical. That's what I keep telling myself anyway

Arashi
04-07-2016, 07:13 AM
Never underestimate the power of capitalism. The fact that there are so many entrenched teams already working on cures for diseases like cancer may make it less appealing to people looking to enter the field of regenerative medicine. They may feel they're already too far behind, and it's also conceivable that a researcher views cancer as something that may simply never be cured.

Hair loss on the other hand, is a wide open market. Go to any public setting and bald guys are around in droves. I would guess that 9 out of 10 wish they weren't, and would s'gladly spend 'X' amount of disposal income to reverse their fortune. A true maintenance option that is more effective and much safer than fin could stand to make billions. Obviously studying the deadly diseases is more noble and important, but I don't think it's as practical. That's what I keep telling myself anyway

I think the problem is though that you can't just throw a billion usd at it and expect to have a cure. A lot of fundamental information is missing and fundamental research is key here I think. That's also the good news though, because a researcher that's working on stem cells to solve parkison for example might actually one day make a breakthrough that will help cloning hair.

Desmond84
04-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Oh man this has got Dr Nigam 2.0 written all over it. There is no way a random company would suddenly produce fully functional hair follicles without having one single expert in tissue engineering on their scientific board!

They provide no pictures, no proof, no explanation as to what they solved. Be careful guys. A few members fell for a similar hype a few years back, flew to India and risked it all with Dr Nigam. We never heard from them again. God knows what happened to them.

Do not fall for it. Wait it out and read the discussions here. Do not fly over there under any circumstances until we find out who the hell these guys are!

NeedHairASAP
04-07-2016, 11:08 AM
Oh man this has got Dr Nigam 2.0 written all over it. There is no way a random company would suddenly produce fully functional hair follicles without having one single expert in tissue engineering on their scientific board!

They provide no pictures, no proof, no explanation as to what they solved. Be careful guys. A few members fell for a similar hype a few years back, flew to India and risked it all with Dr Nigam. We never heard from them again. God knows what happened to them.

Do not fall for it. Wait it out and read the discussions here. Do not fly over there under any circumstances until we find out who the hell these guys are!

I doubt this will be available before 2018.... by the time they get everything set up there in terms of equipment and people

Arashi
04-07-2016, 12:20 PM
I doubt this will be available before 2018.... by the time they get everything set up there in terms of equipment and people

Maybe they can buy Dr Nigam's pizza oven to quickly set them up ? :)

NeedHairASAP
04-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Maybe they can buy Dr Nigam's pizza oven to quickly set them up ? :)

I guess it depends on if they can acquire the needed amount of garlic and pepperonis for the proper 3d hanging droplet scaffolding

TJT
04-07-2016, 04:04 PM
Sounds like BS as there's no background work that anyone knows of consistent with the following:

"...Dr Khan. She has had great success in using Stem Cells for hair regrowth and we are keen to further promote this amazing breakthrough to make it available internationally, whilst carrying out further on-going development."

Someone in the UK should give Dr. Khan a call at the number on her site (http://ikclinics.com/blog/video-gallery/) and feel them out. Never know what's going on under the radar (and illegally) in labs around the world, and someone may have everything ready to go and ready to capitalize in a haven country without the restrictive laws, which is what this news release represents. It's very unlikely, but it's worth remembering that in the quest for riches not everyone plays by the rules.

TJT
04-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Read the last paragraph under "Experience": https://uk.linkedin.com/in/irum-a-khan-12512ba8

Someone in the UK should give her a call for some insider info.

IvanXproject
04-11-2016, 02:41 PM
We definitely need more info on this

79BirdofPrey
04-12-2016, 08:12 AM
Read the last paragraph under "Experience": https://uk.linkedin.com/in/irum-a-khan-12512ba8

Someone in the UK should give her a call for some insider info.

What list of questions would we like to ask? Thanks to the magic of international calls, we don't need to rely on someone from the UK to reach out to her ;)

kuba197
05-03-2016, 03:02 PM
http://www.thenassauguardian.com/bahamas-business/40-bahamas-business/64437-uk-company-plans-stem-cell-expansion-new-facilities
Just wait till september xd

joachim
07-09-2016, 03:31 PM
guys, it's all a scam. a typical hype & dump scheme like it was mentioned before.

here is the updated site of Dr. Khan: http://ikclinics.com/fue-2/

it has nothing to do with stem cells at all. It's a normal FUE, nothing more. They probably do PRP together with it or any other bogus treatment so they can claim it's something advanced with magical stem cells.

All the before/after pics on that site are normal FUE with SMP.

The claim from the article, that only 10% of all follicles from the lab remain alive, but that they can culture enough follicles to provide a full cure, is just lies of course.

Why would anyone go to the Bahamas for a normal FUE? it's not even cheap.
Probably the whole Bahamas move give the whole story more excitement so that people think "yeah, it makes sense. If they do stem cells which are not approved here, they have to move it there". But the truth is, even if they really start a treatment in the Bahamas, they do nothing there which can't be done elsewhere, because like mentioned, it's just FUE, with maybe PRP or other crap.

Thorn Medical is a complete joke. It's fraud and abuse. I still don't get it how companies and their founders/CEOs can get away with it.
I even assume they will find a lot of investors for their pump & dump scheme. They will be millionaires after that scam, that's for sure. It really makes me sick.
we should at least expose them somehow, on twitter, facebook etc.

Swooping
07-26-2016, 10:30 AM
guys, it's all a scam. a typical hype & dump scheme like it was mentioned before.

here is the updated site of Dr. Khan: http://ikclinics.com/fue-2/

it has nothing to do with stem cells at all. It's a normal FUE, nothing more. They probably do PRP together with it or any other bogus treatment so they can claim it's something advanced with magical stem cells.

All the before/after pics on that site are normal FUE with SMP.

The claim from the article, that only 10% of all follicles from the lab remain alive, but that they can culture enough follicles to provide a full cure, is just lies of course.

Why would anyone go to the Bahamas for a normal FUE? it's not even cheap.
Probably the whole Bahamas move give the whole story more excitement so that people think "yeah, it makes sense. If they do stem cells which are not approved here, they have to move it there". But the truth is, even if they really start a treatment in the Bahamas, they do nothing there which can't be done elsewhere, because like mentioned, it's just FUE, with maybe PRP or other crap.

Thorn Medical is a complete joke. It's fraud and abuse. I still don't get it how companies and their founders/CEOs can get away with it.
I even assume they will find a lot of investors for their pump & dump scheme. They will be millionaires after that scam, that's for sure. It really makes me sick.
we should at least expose them somehow, on twitter, facebook etc.

These results on the bottom are not even their results but ripped from other doctors lol.

Like this one for example; http://ikclinics.com/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/FUE%20before%20and%20after%202.jpg

It's from Shapiro.