PDA

View Full Version : JAK Inhibitors and Hair Loss - Dr. Angela Christiano Interview

tbtadmin
12-16-2015, 01:43 PM
Pharmacologic inhibition of JAK-STAT Signaling Promotes Hair Growth

Spencer Kobren speaks with Angela M. Christiano, PhD about her teamís game changing findings that FDA approved JAK inhibitor drugs induce rapid and robust hair growth when applied topically in both mice and humans. Could JAK inhibitor drugs finally lead to a universally effective treatment for both alopecia areata and common male pattern baldness? It certainly looks promising, and the research community is extremely excited about it.

PayDay
12-16-2015, 02:12 PM
What can I say? You are the man Spencer! This is very exciting indeed. I hope nothing gets derailed and some big pharma company comes to the plate.

Delphi
12-16-2015, 04:15 PM
Pharmacologic inhibition of JAK-STAT Signaling Promotes Hair Growth

Spencer Kobren speaks with Angela M. Christiano, PhD about her teamís game changing findings that FDA approved JAK inhibitor drugs induce rapid and robust hair growth when applied topically in both mice and humans. Could JAK inhibitor drugs finally lead to a universally effective treatment for both alopecia areata and common male pattern baldness? It certainly looks promising, and the research community is extremely excited about it.

It's always so much more exciting to hear the "inside baseball" stuff that the media never gives us. This is a really great interview! Let's hope a couple of enterprising doctors start offering some small off lable trials to people who can afford it. I would give it a shot especially since Dr. Christiano said that there will be a very small chance of side effects. Seems like this can really be a great treatment!

Link Mahboi
12-16-2015, 06:05 PM
So, this won't do JAK shit for AGA, eh? Why am I not ****ing surprised? God, I might just end this miserable life already, there will be no cure, and even if something comes out, it will provide marginal results like 20% regrowth which, guess what, it won't make any ****ing difference at all. Maintenace IS NOT and it WILL NEVER BE a cure, most of us will be high norwoods by the time something better comes and it will be the same thing as paying high amounts ofmoney to mantain an old, ugly and broken Cadillac, just for the sake of saying you have one.
God Damn it, I hate nature with all my guts and I wish I could kick that slut in the ****ing ****, ****ing bitch lol

(sorry, had to get this off my chest)

allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
12-16-2015, 07:17 PM
So, this won't do JAK shit for AGA, eh? Why am I not ****ing surprised? God, I might just end this miserable life already, there will be no cure, and even if something comes out, it will provide marginal results like 20% regrowth which, guess what, it won't make any ****ing difference at all. Maintenace IS NOT and it WILL NEVER BE a cure, most of us will be high norwoods by the time something better comes and it will be the same thing as paying high amounts ofmoney to mantain an old, ugly and broken Cadillac, just for the sake of saying you have one.
God Damn it, I hate nature with all my guts and I wish I could kick that slut in the ****ing ****, ****ing bitch lol

Histogen undeniably works and the necessary trials will be completed in an acceptable timeframe. And it will cost only a fraction of a transplant. And bimatoprost works. And SM04554 seems to work. And Replicel/Shiseido claim a working product and have specified a not-too-distant release date too. Not sure why these facts haven't really been recognised yet but that's what they are. And these things also make transplants a viable option since requiring repeated operations and possibly running out of donor hair won't be an issue. The topic of this video is old news too, it was announced ages ago.

BoSox
12-16-2015, 08:07 PM

I haven't listened to the interview yet. Why? Does she state this will not work for MPB?

jjo
12-16-2015, 08:35 PM
3 to 5 years...again

too late for many

Thinning87
12-16-2015, 08:37 PM
Relax people.

Very interesting interview, thank you Spencer.

champpy
12-16-2015, 08:56 PM
she was really beating around the bush when it came to answering that question. she did not want to give a definitive answer, although for some reason I think she knows. my guess, and this is my guess only, is that she is trying to prolong this as much as she can to get research money over the next five to ten years. as far as I know she doesn't own the rights to these drugs and wouldn't make any money if this is a cure or a fix. she's only getting money as a researcher, correct? if that's the case then the only way she makes money is by constantly researching.

again to me it seems like these rare problems (AA, vitiligo) are what's being addressed but it hits a small percentage of the population. These findings keep everyone interested about the drugs potential but MPB is not being touched. that's because MPB the big payday right and once that solved they are out of a job

there has been no information as to what concentration would work in a topical right? I would really love to ask my dermatologist to have this compounded but I have no idea what percentage to use

PayDay
12-16-2015, 09:01 PM

Her lab is testing now for AGA. What part of that did you not hear? She's being realistic, but these drugs are the only safe drugs known to man that convert telogen hair into anagen hair and does it rapidly. It's a big deal for both AA and AGA.

ShookOnes
12-16-2015, 10:45 PM
3 to 5 years...again

too late for many

Or none if you're on fin...if you're one if those people debating it, only old balding men who are bitter spread the fact it kills dick lol.

Follisket
12-17-2015, 06:06 AM
ShookOnes, plenty of relatively young guys like me tried fin when they still had a good head of hair.
No one's saying it's not worth giving it a shot, but claiming fin doesn't and can't possibly cause severe side effects in some perfectly healthy people is complete idiotism. Take your twattery elsewhere.

doinmyheadin
12-17-2015, 06:16 AM
Her lab is testing now for AGA. What part of that did you not hear? She's being realistic, but these drugs are the only safe drugs known to man that convert telogen hair into anagen hair and does it rapidly. It's a big deal for both AA and AGA.
I listened to the interview and did not hear her say anything about her lab now testing for AGA (MPB AND FPB). What I got was her saying she was trying to get pharma to fund trials for AGA.

If they already tested it on people with AA how hard would it be to find 2 peoople even 1 person with MPB to put it on there head and see if it grows hair back. Im sure theres someone with MPB who works in there lab who would be more then happy to give it a try (maybe the janitor). Then they would have there answer and im sure there will being many investors lining up!

Hemo
12-17-2015, 08:04 AM
3 to 5 years...again

too late for many

LOL it's 3-5 years for PHASE I, if (and that's a big if) a pharma company decides to investigate this for AGA instead of areata.

These findings don't matter if no companies will trial it.

Hemo
12-17-2015, 08:09 AM
she was really beating around the bush when it came to answering that question. she did not want to give a definitive answer, although for some reason I think she knows. my guess, and this is my guess only, is that she is trying to prolong this as much as she can to get research money over the next five to ten years. as far as I know she doesn't own the rights to these drugs and wouldn't make any money if this is a cure or a fix. she's only getting money as a researcher, correct? if that's the case then the only way she makes money is by constantly researching.

again to me it seems like these rare problems (AA, vitiligo) are what's being addressed but it hits a small percentage of the population. These findings keep everyone interested about the drugs potential but MPB is not being touched. that's because MPB the big payday right and once that solved they are out of a job

there has been no information as to what concentration would work in a topical right? I would really love to ask my dermatologist to have this compounded but I have no idea what percentage to use

She answered pretty clearly - there are simply no solid plans to look into its effectiveness for AGA. She said a company would have to decide to invest in testing it for AGA, refining its delivery, etc.

I would have rather heard her opinion on other drugs in testing (especially Samumed's, since I think she has helped with phase II in some sense). This isn't really much of an issue considering it would probably be 10 years to market if they started testing today (unless they can skip phase I due to the amount of data on Jak inhibitors, but it seems they have limited information on topical delivery).

sdsurfin
12-17-2015, 11:07 AM
I don't get it. Why can Christiano test this in her lab for areata and not do preliminary studies for AGA? I get that funding a full on clinical trial is more complicated, but they didnt do a clinical trial for areata either, they just went for it. ??? confusing- anyone have any clarity on this? Also, this seems like way more of a no brainer for a pharma to jump on than the PGD2 stuff, the fact that they tested this on DP spheres and it had such a huge impact means that there's no way this doesnt have some positive effect for aga. JAK inhibitors clearly impact the follicle positively either way. Come on drug compaines- get on this!! Makes no sense that pharma wuld fund things like bimatoporst, which has such limited efficacy, and not this. Does anyone know of forum members trialling a JAK inhibitor topically? It didn't seem like christiano was particularly concerned about that, seems the drugs are really pretty safe. If I had the money, I'd do it.

joachim
12-17-2015, 11:52 AM
I don't get it. Why can Christiano test this in her lab for areata and not do preliminary studies for AGA? I get that funding a full on clinical trial is more complicated, but they didnt do a clinical trial for areata either, they just went for it. ??? confusing- anyone have any clarity on this? Also, this seems like way more of a no brainer for a pharma to jump on than the PGD2 stuff, the fact that they tested this on DP spheres and it had such a huge impact means that there's no way this doesnt have some positive effect for aga. JAK inhibitors clearly impact the follicle positively either way. Come on drug compaines- get on this!! Makes no sense that pharma wuld fund things like bimatoporst, which has such limited efficacy, and not this. Does anyone know of forum members trialling a JAK inhibitor topically? It didn't seem like christiano was particularly concerned about that, seems the drugs are really pretty safe. If I had the money, I'd do it.

totally agreed! nothing will come out of it if we don't trial this on our own. we need to get our hands on JAK inhibitors asap! only thing is, we need some professional chemists who are able to create a nice formulation for absorbtion.
this JAK stuff seems promising and we have to wait another 3 to 5 years for first results? screw that! where are the pros of the usual group buys, with chemical know how? we need that stuff on our heads now!

CurlyBird
12-17-2015, 01:14 PM
Great interview! What date is this from exactly? I can't find it on the main site.

jamesst11
12-17-2015, 01:51 PM

That "slut" is a woman who has lived with AA and dedicated her life and laboratory work to helping people and she has helped millions. She is honest and is doing more than 99.9999 of the labs dedicated to hair loss research. You should watch what you say and show a little respect a** hole.

doinmyheadin
12-17-2015, 02:37 PM
That "slut" is a woman who has lived with AA and dedicated her life and laboratory work to helping people and she has helped millions. She is honest and is doing more than 99.9999 of the labs dedicated to hair loss research. You should watch what you say and show a little respect a** hole.
I think he was calling nature a slut (not the doctor). PS Im sure if Dr Christiano wanted to know if it worked for AGA she could quite easily find a volunteer with MPB i working in her lab. Then she would have her answer and pharma would be lining up to invest!

champpy
12-17-2015, 02:39 PM
:)

this is also been my point all along. they have tested it on people with AA, vitilgo, people that cannot grow eyebrows and I believe one other skin condition... All without an official clinical trial!

why can't they try it on people with AGA without a trial??

she even said in the interview, it either works or it won't and it won't take a long time to find out. so why not try it on a few people for a month or two, especially when the risk of side effects is solo topically.

screw this I'm making an appointment with my dermatologist next week to see what she thinks about this

champpy
12-17-2015, 02:45 PM
just made my appointment for the 28th of December. I'll update you guys on what she says after the appointment

tiktok
12-17-2015, 02:59 PM

This.
I'd say this is a bannable offense.

jamesst11
12-17-2015, 04:00 PM
This.
I'd say this is a bannable offense.

are you referring to MY post? I am defending her against name calling... I like Dr. Christiano! she's an incredible woman, super intelligent and I love her laugh. Actually I think I might be in love with her! ;)

sdsurfin
12-17-2015, 04:01 PM
just made my appointment for the 28th of December. I'll update you guys on what she says after the appointment

Ask her why she thinks these peeps feel free to test this stuff off-trial all the time for other things but won't test it for AGA.

champpy
12-17-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm going to see her because she actually has let me try things off label before. She's the one that gave me the prescription for Dut and Latisse, so fingers crossed she can somehow get this push through

PayDay
12-17-2015, 04:40 PM
Listen to from 5:37 in the interview she says, "That, again random observation, was sort of what led us to take the hold Jak inhibitor program and move it out of alopecia areata and into normal hair cycling.Ē What do you think normal hair cycling means? They are testing on AGA and other forms of hair loss too. The thing is, even if the testing is positive they still need backing and she made it apparent that the crazy crowd funding schemes won't really move things along. I thought that was a good point. I think the interview helped to take the whole conspiratorial aspect out of the equation and focused on the reality of how things work. Emailing these researchers and starting crowdfunding campaigns won't do shit. People on these forums can debate about cures all they want or bother these researchers, or send people to conferences, but it won't change a thing. I'm just glad that Spencer has such intimate access to these researchers. Believe me, when the cure is here, he'll know first. You can hear how these researchers react to him that he's deeply in the know and even friends with these people.

PayDay
12-17-2015, 04:44 PM
are you referring to MY post? I am defending her against name calling... I like Dr. Christiano! she's an incredible woman, super intelligent and I love her laugh. Actually I think I might be in love with her! ;)

I agree with you. She is obviously an extremely intelligent woman and has one hell of a sexy voice and giggle:)

jamesst11
12-17-2015, 05:44 PM
I agree with you. She is obviously an extremely intelligent woman and has one hell of a sexy voice and giggle:)

hahaha yes. and IF she brings to market a strong remedy for AGA, then I will propose to her! ;)

tiktok
12-17-2015, 06:51 PM

No, I was referring to the post you were responding to.

Ulti1
12-17-2015, 11:21 PM
I'm going to see her because she actually has let me try things off label before. She's the one that gave me the prescription for Dut and Latisse, so fingers crossed she can somehow get this push through

What would she likely prescribe you? Tocabin or whatever it's called?

tbtadmin
12-18-2015, 01:11 AM
Watch Spencer Kobrenís in-depth interview with Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Yale University School of Medicine, Dr. Brett King, as he discusses, how with the help of Dr. Angela Christianoís original groundbreaking research, he reversed the hair loss process in a young man who suffered with alopecia areata for most of his life. This interview was posted earlier this year and illustrates the rate of progress with JAK inhibitors since this interview was conducted. There is no doubt that while researchers remain conservative when it comes to time lines and discussing the effects of JAK inhibitors for the treatment of common male pattern hair loss, significant progress has been made since the interview with Dr. King and there is no doubt that AGA is in their sights.

Yk15yMe3tx4

UNBEAT
12-18-2015, 07:02 AM
Ruxo and tofacib are anti-inflammatory drugs is it???aga often has scalp inflammation with hair loss like in my own case.
If so than this can work for aga , what do you think

Link Mahboi
12-18-2015, 07:34 AM

Your imbecile, I wasn't calling Dr Christiano a slut, I was calling Mother Nature ! Oh, wait, now I can't call Mother Nature a slut either, even tho she is an unjust, insidious, hierachical bitch? Man you're indeed one very forgiving lad, how can you love Mother Nature after what she has done to you? lol

sdsurfin
12-18-2015, 11:56 AM
Watch Spencer Kobrenís in-depth interview with Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Yale University School of Medicine, Dr. Brett King, as he discusses, how with the help of Dr. Angela Christianoís original groundbreaking research, he reversed the hair loss process in a young man who suffered with alopecia areata for most of his life. This interview was posted earlier this year and illustrates the rate of progress with JAK inhibitors since this interview was conducted. There is no doubt that while researchers remain conservative when it comes to time lines and discussing the effects of JAK inhibitors for the treatment of common male pattern hair loss, significant progress has been made since the interview with Dr. King and there is no doubt that AGA is in their sights.

Yk15yMe3tx4

Does that mean they are testing them on aga? And if not, then why? I think all of us simply wanted to hear that they would at least test it, and from what Christiano said in that interview, that didn't seem to be the case. She pretty clearly stated that they cannot "repurpose" the drug and do trials. Haven't they already repurposed it for AA?? Why is this all so cryptic? I understand that full clinical trials are expensive and complicated, but the fundamental question remains- why does christiano's lab and brett king's lab feel comfortable rubbing this stuff on someone with AA and not someone with aga? If it's so easy to see whether it works or not, then why not try it? Spencer discourages people from doing this stuff themselves, but in the case of aga, scenarios like this leave people with no other alternative.

jamesst11
12-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Your imbecile, I wasn't calling Dr Christiano a slut, I was calling Mother Nature ! Oh, wait, now I can't call Mother Nature a slut either, even tho she is an unjust, insidious, hierachical bitch? Man you're indeed one very forgiving lad, how can you love Mother Nature after what she has done to you? lol

haha... my bad, I didn't properly interpret your post. No worries brother. Mother nature is more than a slut, In the words of Nirvana, "mother nature is a whore". :D

Link Mahboi
12-18-2015, 03:04 PM
haha... my bad, I didn't properly interpret your post. No worries brother. Mother nature is more than a slut, In the words of Nirvana, "mother nature is a whore". :D

Exactly, thanks for bringing up that quote, I was going to do it soon or later :P

PayDay
12-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Does that mean they are testing them on aga? And if not, then why? I think all of us simply wanted to hear that they would at least test it, and from what Christiano said in that interview, that didn't seem to be the case. She pretty clearly stated that they cannot "repurpose" the drug and do trials. Haven't they already repurposed it for AA?? Why is this all so cryptic? I understand that full clinical trials are expensive and complicated, but the fundamental question remains- why does christiano's lab and brett king's lab feel comfortable rubbing this stuff on someone with AA and not someone with aga? If it's so easy to see whether it works or not, then why not try it? Spencer discourages people from doing this stuff themselves, but in the case of aga, scenarios like this leave people with no other alternative.

She said they canít ďrepurposeĒ the drug to administer and distribute to patients like a physician can do in their practice since she is not a medical doctor. Of course they can do it for an AGA trial on a small number of participants. Theyíve already done it on mice to see how it works on normal hair cycling. Iím sure they plan on doing the same on humans.

doinmyheadin
12-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Does that mean they are testing them on aga? And if not, then why? I think all of us simply wanted to hear that they would at least test it, and from what Christiano said in that interview, that didn't seem to be the case. She pretty clearly stated that they cannot "repurpose" the drug and do trials. Haven't they already repurposed it for AA?? Why is this all so cryptic? I understand that full clinical trials are expensive and complicated, but the fundamental question remains- why does christiano's lab and brett king's lab feel comfortable rubbing this stuff on someone with AA and not someone with aga? If it's so easy to see whether it works or not, then why not try it? Spencer discourages people from doing this stuff themselves, but in the case of aga, scenarios like this leave people with no other alternative.You hit the nail on the head. It wouldnt be too hard to find a volunteer to see if it actually does anything worth while!

champpy
12-18-2015, 11:52 PM
What would she likely prescribe you? Tocabin or whatever it's called?

I have no idea yet. I'm going to print out some of these news articles that point to it being beneficial to hair and see if she'll go for any of it. it's not like I need 30 or 60 pills, just enough to make maybe a 1% solution to test for a month

champpy
12-19-2015, 12:25 AM
Big question to any of you guys.
So lets say i had AA and want to try these drugs off label, how does my dr go about finding what concentration and vehicle were used in rhe previous successful tests??

That info has to be availble somewhere, so other doctors who want to prescribe off label can do so, right? Or does each dr just shoot blindly at this?

wolfbeaver
12-19-2015, 05:34 PM
You would probably need to get in contact with those doctors and ask. One of them was the guy Spencer interviews in a video he posted in this thread.

I think that if this works for you there would be a a much greater media frenzi than there was for the AA patient. Dr Christiniano says results could begin within a few days. Good luck.

Hemo
12-19-2015, 05:58 PM
So lets say i had AA and want to try these drugs off label, how does my dr go about finding what concentration and vehicle were used in rhe previous successful tests??

That info has to be availble somewhere, so other doctors who want to prescribe off label can do so, right? Or does each dr just shoot blindly at this?

Have you read Christiano's recent paper that she references in the interview? It might describe the topical dose they used on mice...not that it would absolutely translate, but you could compare it to the oral dose the mice were given and base the topical solution (for yourself) on the same ratio seen w/ mice.

doinmyheadin
12-19-2015, 06:39 PM
Why has Dr Brett King not trialled the cream on himself for MPB if he can get prescriptions for his patients with AA?

DepressedByHairLoss
12-19-2015, 11:20 PM

+1

champpy
12-20-2015, 02:22 PM
The dosage on mice would likely not be nearly enough since mice seem to respond better to these treatments than ppl do.
I know the article said the cream was applied 2 times a day. Thats really all the info i can tell her now.
1%. 10% idk. Huge difference.
Ive tried to contact B. King before w no reply. Maybe ill try again

joachim
12-20-2015, 08:21 PM
Why has Dr Brett King not trialled the cream on himself for MPB if he can get prescriptions for his patients with AA?

yea, was wondering about that too. he's also balding. why not just try it on himself?
if we have to wait years now before someone tries it out, then hell, we're all screwed.

Hemo
12-20-2015, 08:31 PM
yea, was wondering about that too. he's also balding. why not just try it on himself?
if we have to wait years now before someone tries it out, then hell, we're all screwed.

Believe it or not, but not everyone that's balding/is bald cares about it.

sdsurfin
12-21-2015, 01:06 AM
So I was just looking at the full trial conducted by Christiano, and I hadn't seen before that they used some human scalp skin grafted onto mice, which also had increase in hair growth. does anyone know if this was from balding scalp? Not sure why they don't make that clear.

I think that if this pans out it really could be the big one. Even if it has half the effectiveness that it does for areata it would be huge, I mean the effects it had for autoimmune diseases were incredible, and the fact that it restores enormous amounts of inductivity to human HF spheres is also very promising. The idea that it would do nothing for mpb at this point seems slim. Definitely a lot to be worked out, for instance you probably don't want to be converting all your follicles to anagen all the time, and I'm not sure how that figures into treating mpb. but I have a tentative feeling that if this doesnt cause any crazy side effects, it could be enormous. I think Christiano doesnt want to shout about this until she sees if it will lead to tumors etc, but the safety data is not too shabby considering its already approved orally. If I were a drug company I'd be jumping on this asap. In my view it's much more promising than any of the pgd2 stuff.

doinmyheadin
12-21-2015, 01:29 AM
So I was just looking at the full trial conducted by Christiano, and I hadn't seen before that they used some human scalp skin grafted onto mice, which also had increase in hair growth. does anyone know if this was from balding scalp? Not sure why they don't make that clear.

I think that if this pans out it really could be the big one. Even if it has half the effectiveness that it does for areata it would be huge, I mean the effects it had for autoimmune diseases were incredible, and the fact that it restores enormous amounts of inductivity to human HF spheres is also very promising. The idea that it would do nothing for mpb at this point seems slim. Definitely a lot to be worked out, for instance you probably don't want to be converting all your follicles to anagen all the time, and I'm not sure how that figures into treating mpb. but I have a tentative feeling that if this doesnt cause any crazy side effects, it could be enormous. I think Christiano doesnt want to shout about this until she sees if it will lead to tumors etc, but the safety data is not too shabby considering its already approved orally. If I were a drug company I'd be jumping on this asap. In my view it's much more promising than any of the pgd2 stuff. Hopefully it will be better the Follicept :)

Swooping
12-21-2015, 01:29 AM

Champpy, here you go;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23387374.

Read the study.

Pharmacokinetics, systemic safety etc. Many information is in the study.

sdsurfin
12-21-2015, 01:55 AM
People are taking 5mg twice daily orally for AA. Just was checking out a forum for people taking Xeljanz(tofacitinib)for AA, and most seem to be getting their hair back of that dosage. They are being very closely monitored though, and the cost is still really high ( i think pfizer is giving discounts, but its still like 12 grand a year) I think somebody on this forum who has AA should get a hold of this stuff, and let someone with mpb trial it topically. It's worth a shot. The safety has been established enough to show that no one is gonna cause serious harm to themselves short term. The main obstacle right now is the price, but if someone can get their dermatologist to prescribe it for rheumatoid arthritis then it wouldnt even be too expensive. anyone have arthritis?? Anyone have AA? The caveat is that someone with AA might not know if its curing their mpb even if its effective. would be good to have someone with mpb buy it from them and crush it into some vehicle and test it for a month or so. I think if it works it should show signs of working fast. It took quite a few months for some people with AA, but someone on here can probably get a year's supply for not too stepp if they have a compliant dermatologist that can get it for AA or Rheumatoid.

champpy
12-21-2015, 01:58 AM
Holy crap swoop, youre the man!! Im going to need this and all the other data i can find to help convince her. Thanks a lot!

If any of you other guys have links to useful stories on this drug, something that might help a dr consider prescribing this, please post them and ill print it off and take w me on my apt

champpy
12-21-2015, 02:02 AM
SDsurfin, im willing to pay a cpl hundred per month if she will actually let me try it. 1 week to go and ill have an answer

sdsurfin
12-21-2015, 02:21 AM
well you can get it for 22K a year which is way more expensive than that without any kind of prescription. if you can get a prescription for rheumatoid arthritis or areata then you can get it either cheap or not as crazy expensive. I think pfizer even has a deal for AA people where they can get it free for like 6 months. look into it. do you have AA? i think if you do then you should let someone else test it, because we wont know what its curing on you.

paleocapa89
12-21-2015, 06:30 AM
if you don't have AA then just shave your head in patches all around and tell the doc you have AA :)

bald fighter
12-21-2015, 12:08 PM
excuse me guys but whats AA stand for ??

Link Mahboi
12-21-2015, 12:19 PM
excuse me guys but whats AA stand for ??

Alopecia Areata

sdsurfin
12-21-2015, 11:07 PM
just saw that swisstemples and a bunch of dudes tried tofacitinib topically for quite a while with zero results. not too promising. someone should tell spencer not to get too hyped on this. Even if it has positive effects on healthy follicles it doesnt seem like it's gonna grow new hair in bald scalp. maybe in conjunction with something else, who knows.

Swooping
12-22-2015, 01:32 AM
Btw, why the hell is this a sticky? lol.

champpy
12-22-2015, 02:16 AM
Isnt it funny how these more obscure conditions seem to get treated first before major ones?

Hundres if millions if not billions have AGA, but AA gets the treatment.
Then i read the other day that a certain type of blindness is now possibly treatable, but its the type that only affects like 2% of blind people.
Wtf

champpy
12-22-2015, 02:17 AM
just saw that swisstemples and a bunch of dudes tried tofacitinib topically for quite a while with zero results. not too promising. someone should tell spencer not to get too hyped on this. Even if it has positive effects on healthy follicles it doesnt seem like it's gonna grow new hair in bald scalp. maybe in conjunction with something else, who knows.

Did they mention the % they used, or for how long? And, how do they know they had the legit thing?

wolfbeaver
12-22-2015, 03:47 AM
Did they mention the % they used, or for how long? And, how do they know they had the legit thing?
Doesn't matter. That Nazi shit talker is full of everything but hair. Bullshits some bullshit protocol that will fry a persons head and asks for donations for it. If his protocol works why did he switch to JAK inhibitors?

sdsurfin
12-22-2015, 10:06 PM
He might be a nazi but judging by his pictures at least one part of his regimen is working. He's using a lot of stuff so who knows what's doing it or if it really is a combination. Those guys use a lot of stuff and keep adding things, and I feel like if tofacitinib was gonna work then at least one of them would have noticed something. swisstemples says hes still optimistic about it, but i'm not sure I am. With AA patients it was pretty quick. I think there are other types of cytokine inhibitors that WILL work though. the problem is everything takes forever to trial and approve, our system of releasing drugs is insane. it's so stupid that setipiprant has been trialled many times and we still need to wait for it. I understand if no one has ever used a drug before, but why do you need three trials for something like seti or replicel which is made of your own cells. I'm praying the japanese and chinese get on all of this and make the US look stupid, I'd love to visit japan.

Kokles
12-23-2015, 04:53 AM
He might be a nazi but judging by his pictures at least one part of his regimen is working. He's using a lot of stuff so who knows what's doing it or if it really is a combination. Those guys use a lot of stuff and keep adding things, and I feel like if tofacitinib was gonna work then at least one of them would have noticed something. swisstemples says hes still optimistic about it, but i'm not sure I am. With AA patients it was pretty quick. I think there are other types of cytokine inhibitors that WILL work though. the problem is everything takes forever to trial and approve, our system of releasing drugs is insane. it's so stupid that setipiprant has been trialled many times and we still need to wait for it. I understand if no one has ever used a drug before, but why do you need three trials for something like seti or replicel which is made of your own cells. I'm praying the japanese and chinese get on all of this and make the US look stupid, I'd love to visit japan.

Those shitty pics don't show any real regrowth... the angles of the photos are all over the place.. the first photos do not show his temples in great detail at all so you can't compare it..

That being said.. my opinion is that there's no visible regrowth

rbrown
12-24-2015, 11:40 AM
I don't know if this guy is serious or not but David Luiz the PSG football player claims that he is into something. I don't want to open a new thread because it might be just BS so i will post it here.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/david-luiz-claims-to-have-a-miracle-cure-to-stop-people-going-bald-journal-du-dimanche/

champpy
12-28-2015, 08:01 PM
We i saw my derm dr today. She brought in another dr on the conversation and reviews the articles i printed out.
Unfortunately the would prescribe it to me. The main reason was that they would be liable if any negative event happened, since they would be prescribing off label.
Soooo, it looks like if thhis is going to be trialed, it will have to be black market somehow

jason1001
01-14-2016, 04:28 AM
Or none if you're on fin...if you're one if those people debating it, only old balding men who are bitter spread the fact it kills dick lol.

Fin doesn't work for everyone, I think most you people who say it does are alread nw2/3.

I had a great hairline, took fin to fix a bald spot on the top of my head I got from a accident.

4 months later my fringe has got so bad.
Lost over a inch on the left and right sides of my hairline.

If I was going to go bald this just accelerated it.

HairlossAt15
01-19-2016, 03:51 AM
In this extended interview, she clarifies that JAK inhibitors should work for many forms of hairloss (thats includes AGA)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cziuamd8i8d6qsv/AADT3ouojp37ZyXvkUxWaOwta/INTERVIEW?dl=0

iaskdumbquestions
01-19-2016, 03:45 PM
In this extended interview, she clarifies that JAK inhibitors should work for many forms of hairloss (thats includes AGA)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cziuamd8i8d6qsv/AADT3ouojp37ZyXvkUxWaOwta/INTERVIEW?dl=0

She said 'many forms of hair loss' but she didn't single out AGA. I think she intentionally left AGA out.

Link Mahboi
01-19-2016, 06:09 PM
She said 'many forms of hair loss' but she didn't single out AGA. I think she intentionally left AGA out.

Hahaha let's face it, we're doomed :P

Spaceboy
01-19-2016, 08:35 PM

Did you even watch it? She said she hopes AA will be cured first with it but if it is followed by "pattern baldness " (AGA) a year later, that will be great too.

iaskdumbquestions
01-19-2016, 09:05 PM
Did you even watch it? She said she hopes AA will be cured first with it but if it is followed by "pattern baldness " (AGA) a year later, that will be great too.

At what time in the video did she imply or say that JAK inhibitors should work for AGA?

HairlossAt15
01-19-2016, 09:26 PM
At what time in the video did she imply or say that JAK inhibitors should work for AGA?

3:40 onwards, 5:26 "if pattern baldness follows afterwards (after AA)" and she also makes it clear that JAK inhibitors restart and extend the anagen phase and activate HF stem cells (in the paper and in the interview) which in itself implies MPB, since MPB follicles are stuck in telegon and have a very short anagen phases and have stem cells which dont proliferate properly, which she will be aware of.

Spaceboy
01-19-2016, 11:15 PM
3:40 onwards, 5:26 "if pattern baldness follows afterwards (after AA)" and she also makes it clear that JAK inhibitors restart and extend the anagen phase and activate HF stem cells (in the paper and in the interview) which in itself implies MPB, since MPB follicles are stuck in telegon and have a very short anagen phases and have stem cells which dont proliferate properly, which she will be aware of.

Thank you for posting that :) I was about to do the same post.

burtandernie
01-23-2016, 04:33 PM
Are there any supplements that are JAK inhibitors that you could use right now?

warner8
02-06-2016, 04:55 PM
ok so why aren't we talking about making topical formulas of these two drugs or seeking out already topical made formulations? shouldn't we be thinking about this

warner8
02-08-2016, 06:14 AM
was this info on his blog regarding the tofacitinib? where did u read this?

strife91
03-23-2016, 07:58 AM
was this info on his blog regarding the tofacitinib? where did u read this?

Hello , i haven't been on here in years lol
I was part of this groupbuy and still have a few grams of tofa sitting in my freezer. Less than ten of us got this and only a couple tried it at low dose(<1%) and that did actually help. Tried for longer at a higher dose would be interesting

CurlyBird
03-30-2016, 12:05 PM
http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/so-jak-inhibitors-could-yet-still-cure-androgenic-alopecia/

http://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Aclaris+Therapeutics+%28ACRS%29+to+Acquire+Vixen+P harma+and+Rights+to+Intellectual+Property+for+Pote ntial+Treatment+for+Hair+Loss/11452138.html

gion
04-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Among all the news/products/brands this path seems the one that should give use the most hopes in the nearest future - The history is rather clear, a sufferer, which happens to be also brilliant researcher, finds the cure(undoubtly The Cure for that special type of baldness). Her target was to fix something, not to sell - now she realized she is on the verge of a monumental discovery and one that can change her life and hundreds of millions of people worldwide. She will for sure be rich and famous, I think and hope that only business issues are the ones delaying the process and not excessive FDA procedures. Maybe you guys lived moments like these since the 90's ... But I dunno, subjective to maximum, this just feels right, if not for one, it lacks bombasticity of all the other "sollutions". Kudos to her, she already changed the lives of several patients. On those forums you see people coming back between the living, what a horrible thing they had to suffer, compared to this, my NW 3 is a "moft". Come on guys, cheer up a bit and dry this out as yoy always did. It seems to me BTT cutying edge forum lost a bit its marbles or maybe everyone that mattered went to Turkey for FUE and then entered 2 months of hiding for recovery(seems to be the actual true needed period, not 2 weeks as all clinics bullshit about, minimum needed to go out confident without the others noticing) I am honest to myself, I care about my care because I care how I look in the mirror and in the eyes of my circle of friends/colleagues/etc - they call us shallow, but this is a health issue, not a cosmetic one. It does not endager life of course, of course you can live with it and still be happy, but I a sure, no one, ever, will feel complete again until this is curred. Altough I do not post on forums, I read almost everything and BTT helped me understand not to do mistakes and if I will ever decide going the fue path, the it will for sure be an assumed decision with all the goods and bad. Thank you guys and please come back!

Cartech78
04-10-2016, 07:54 PM
My wife , works at Abbvie pharmaceutical company , she was telling me that they have a JAK inhibitor in clinical trials phase 2 for rheumatoid arthritis. So for fun i sent them a message basically begging them to test it on hairloss and how it could be a cure worth billions . They said they would try to respond in 2 days , if they do, and i highly doubt it , i will update on the forum . It would be awsome to get a huge company that has drugs like humira , vicodin, and erythromycin, such as Abbvie in the game . Im sure that would speed up results

IvanXproject
04-11-2016, 06:01 AM
ok so why aren't we talking about making topical formulas of these two drugs or seeking out already topical made formulations? shouldn't we be thinking about this

Yes, we should.

CurlyBird
04-19-2016, 01:31 AM
Hello , i haven't been on here in years lol
I was part of this groupbuy and still have a few grams of tofa sitting in my freezer. Less than ten of us got this and only a couple tried it at low dose(<1%) and that did actually help. Tried for longer at a higher dose would be interesting

Would appreciate some more detail on this. What vehicle did you use and 1x/2x a day and how did it help exactly? And why didn't you guys keep using it and why did some not try it at all? What a waste of money.

Anyway, I would figure if they didn't work well it could be due to the short half life of the drugs. Tofacitinib is only 3 hours. It really may be necessary to find the perfect vehicle to allow administration to remain continuous over a long period each day.

Anton5redA
04-19-2016, 12:50 PM
This is my first post.
I am pretty far along, NW5, and would like to start re-growing hair.
I have probably let it go for too long, as I was not sure of whether I would be able to do anything to reverse it. Now that I am older and have learned a thing or two, I decided to use my education to tackle this issue.

What got me started is my recent work interview:
It is pretty uncomfortable when the interviewer is intently staring at your bald spot several times for several seconds each. I got the job, but that got me thinking that even though I have been OK with balding for over a decade, some people around me are not, and who knows how it has affected my life without me being aware of it...
So I am going to tackle this sleek sumo wrestler of a development, and see who pushes who out of the rink. :)

What do you guys think of Phosphatidylcholine (30% fat/water) liposomal/ Propylene glycol 5/1 ratio as a transdermal delivery vehicle for 1% by weight of Tofacitinib Citrate?
Also, is 1% just about right for dosage or should I dilute my concoction?

By the way, that drug is too dang expensive and hard to get.

minoxiDjunkie
04-27-2016, 01:43 PM
one thing i dont understand.
in the rat's test -
how did they induceds the rats' backs to have androgenic alopecia ?

CurlyBird
05-04-2016, 07:35 PM
They didn't, they had alopecia areata...I think. Either that or they waxed those poor babies!

Anton5redA
05-09-2016, 08:40 PM
The rats are not people, and yet the effect of Tofacitinib is quite dramatic. It hits a common pathway, and has many downstream effects, that is my I am pretty-sure it would decrease the hair loss in AGA at least and reverse loss at most.
I am not sure what causes Balding in men, but I am fairly certain that the frontal balding and crown balding are different in that the front of my scalp has skin that is half the thickness that it is supposed to be and it is not that bad up top. That loss of tissue usually happens due to expression of TNF-alpha and apoptosis of fibroblasts, endothelial cells etc. That is immune-system mediated, sort of like applying corticosteroids to the same spot for months, skin thins out and can not support deeper follicles.
I tried dermastamping two days ago (ouch) and that is how I found out how deep my nerve endings are at different locations on the scalp (varying the depth of needles). I can not recommend the torture, but the experiment taught me some things. Anyways...

I started applying the following to my NW-5 noggin twice daily starting 3 weeks ago:

1 - Tofacitinib 65mg+ Atraric acid Extract+ Trigonelline Extract (40mL + EtOH + Water 20mL) = 60mL of 0.1% Tofacitinib solution

2 - 5mL Castor oil + 10mL Micelles + 15mL Minoxidil 6% + Finasteride 0.1% = 30mL

3 - 2% Ketoconazole cream (later)

I rub in the first two with a new medium-hard toothbrush.
I took the before pictures and once a week thereafter. So far, no visible effects.
My scalp has stopped itching completely, even before I started using the Ketoconazole a week ago.

It's doing something I would say, so far there are no other effects though, side or intended.
It seems to be hitting all of the known points that are known: PGE-2 up, PGD-2, DHT down as well as all of the things Tofacitinib and Minoxidil are supposed to be doing.

Any suggestions on improving my regimen?

CurlyBird
05-27-2016, 10:24 PM
.1% tofacitinib twice a day is likely not nearly concentrated enough to work. I know it's expensive but I doubt we'll learn anything from this approach. And you have to have it in something that will get into the scalp as it's a large molecule.

Anton5redA
05-30-2016, 09:07 PM
I bought some emu oil 8 days ago and will try to dissolve tofacitinib in it. I've increased the Tofacitinib to 0.5 Gram per 50 mL of solution. The Emu oil stays put for many hours and I apply it after rubbing in the first two solutions. I apply the Ketoconazole every other day on top of Emu oil. There are tiny bumps on my scalp now, they ay be inflammatory, but do not not itch at all and are way too tiny to be pimples. They may be representative of hair follivles ramping-up thickness of the lanugo hair on my scalp (hopefully).
The whole mix is on my scalp for 16 hours out of the day, I wash it off at bedtime so that my pillow case stays clean.

Anton5redA
06-05-2016, 08:31 AM
It has been 2 months since I have started doing something about my baldness.
My current improved Regimen is as follows:
1 - Tofacitinib 360mg+ 60mL Atraric acid Pygeum Africanum and Trigonelline Fenugreek Extract (stock is 200mL 90% EtOH from 465G and 60G respectively)+ Oleuropein and Green Tea extracts 2 caps of each + Brevillin A from Litsea Glutinosa (Jinda Mee) 24mL+ 12mL Castor oil + 24mL Propylene Glycol +24mL Emu oil = (120mL total of 0.3% Tofacitinib solution (Global application after washing head with soap Twice Daily application).

2 -(Morr-F) Minox 3% + Finasteride 0.1% = 30mL (not on forehead applied BID)

3 - 2% Ketoconazole cream ( in petrolatum, silfur dioxide, Propylene Glycol etc) Every 2nd day once AM Global application.

Results of 2 months trying different concoctions are as follows: Scalp no longer itches, like at all. I now realize fully that the itching that I have had since the age of 17 or so was pathological.
Also: Fine colorless hair have doubled in density and the dark terminal hair have increased in density by about 10-15% from baseline 2 months ago, in a doughnut-like distribution, not so much on the forehead though.
Strange developments were that when the terminal hair sprout, they are preceded by tiny, tenting bumps (non-inflammatory).
Pictures from April and June 2016 are to follow if I figure out how to post the Iphone-3 photos.
(What can I do, that device is refusing to quit working since I got it in 2009)
:-)

Anton5redA
06-05-2016, 08:39 AM
http://postimg.org/gallery/574p4w8c/34a5bab9/
Pictures from Apr, May and June 2016
http://postimg.org/gallery/574p4w8c/34a5bab9/

Hope that works

lacazette
06-05-2016, 11:40 AM
Wow really nice coktail I'm jealous :D

Can you tell me please where you get the Litsea Glutinosa from?

Anton5redA
06-05-2016, 11:49 AM
I bought it on Ebay, it is caled "Jinda": Jinda Herb Herbal Hair Renew Lotion Tonic Reduce hair loss bald spots Natural for $12 total.
It's a bluish liquid that smells mildly pleasant.

lacazette
06-05-2016, 01:04 PM
OK thanks ;) Good luck with your regimen!

Anton5redA
06-29-2016, 07:40 AM
It has been 2.5 months of Tofacitinib topical application and I took a picture of my hair after cutting it to the same length as before. People who have had no idea that I am treating baldness have commented that my hair looks thicker than before. "it looks like there is more, you know, stuff on your head now" said my vertically-challenged coworker two days ago.
Pictures to follow...
8January [img]https://s31.postimg.org/p4jsqv2zb/03jan164.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/p4jsqv2zb/) 14Aprilhttps://s31.postimg.org/yqdd75u53/16apr15.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/yqdd75u53/) https://s31.postimg.org/bqbb8klp3/16jun04.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/bqbb8klp3/) 9Mayhttps://s31.postimg.org/dw5m32p5j/16may06.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/dw5m32p5j/) 5Junehttps://s31.postimg.org/x2it695nb/2016_Jun29.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/x2it695nb/) 29June

candu2015
06-29-2016, 08:56 AM
If you are using minox and other compounds in your treatment is difficult to know if what works (if it works) is the tofacitinib or other compounds.
It is not a valid reason for jak inhibitors work .

Moreover, thanks for the images.

Link Mahboi
07-01-2016, 02:33 PM
So I guess we can all rule out Topical JAK for AGA already. Sorry pal, it clearly doesn't work like it does for AA and other disorders.. FML

CurlyBird
07-01-2016, 04:42 PM
So I guess we can all rule out Topical JAK for AGA already. Sorry pal, it clearly doesn't work like it does for AA and other disorders.. FML

Or accept that the dose is way too small or that it may only maintain what you have and this guy is just plain bald.

BoSox
07-02-2016, 05:12 AM
How soon will we know if this works for AGA from the actual team working on it? When are they going to release results?

79BirdofPrey
07-04-2016, 07:59 AM
It has been 2.5 months of Tofacitinib topical application and I took a picture of my hair after cutting it to the same length as before. People who have had no idea that I am treating baldness have commented that my hair looks thicker than before. "it looks like there is more, you know, stuff on your head now" said my vertically-challenged coworker two days ago.
Pictures to follow...
8January [img]https://s31.postimg.org/p4jsqv2zb/03jan164.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/p4jsqv2zb/) 14Aprilhttps://s31.postimg.org/yqdd75u53/16apr15.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/yqdd75u53/) https://s31.postimg.org/bqbb8klp3/16jun04.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/bqbb8klp3/) 9Mayhttps://s31.postimg.org/dw5m32p5j/16may06.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/dw5m32p5j/) 5Junehttps://s31.postimg.org/x2it695nb/2016_Jun29.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/x2it695nb/) 29June

Hi Anton,

Thank you for testing and sharing! I'm not sure I see change at the 2.5 month mark with the product/regimen you're on. What is the suggested duration before results are seen?

peterlouis
07-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Can anyone tell me how I can contact "Joe from Staten Island"? My name is Peter I live in Springfield, MA and my phone *********. Much appreciated if you can help me get in touch with him.

Trouse5858
07-06-2016, 06:07 AM
All these drug test and you still can't do what nature can. There is a organic natural way to grow hair back and receive results in 30 days. It will take 6 months to complete but once your done your natural hair will take over and it will not cost you an arm and a leg like this product they are promoting or a hair transplant. Stop the madness. All I need is an investor to help me get it to production and market.

Seems legit

willy31
07-30-2016, 05:40 AM
@79BirdofPrey: Between 3 and 6 month.

Cantona
10-26-2016, 03:49 AM
Hi Anton,

Thank you for testing and sharing! I'm not sure I see change at the 2.5 month mark with the product/regimen you're on. What is the suggested duration before results are seen?
I see hair loss pogress. Nothing to be excited about. When the official treatment will be there ?

Saltynuts
12-05-2016, 02:58 PM
So has anyone had any substantial results with these drugs for AGA purposes? Hair regrowth, material slow down of loss, etc.?

uptownm
01-03-2017, 04:07 PM
I bought some emu oil 8 days ago and will try to dissolve tofacitinib in it. I've increased the Tofacitinib to 0.5 Gram per 50 mL of solution. The Emu oil stays put for many hours and I apply it after rubbing in the first two solutions. I apply the Ketoconazole every other day on top of Emu oil. There are tiny bumps on my scalp now, they ay be inflammatory, but do not not itch at all and are way too tiny to be pimples. They may be representative of hair follivles ramping-up thickness of the lanugo hair on my scalp (hopefully).
The whole mix is on my scalp for 16 hours out of the day, I wash it off at bedtime so that my pillow case stays clean.

Is that quantity enough for the Tofacitinib? The study I read, they mixed it with DMSO. Probably to help absorption. Did you?
they were using 3% - what percentage is your 500 mg in 50 ml?

robertjames5504
01-06-2017, 02:31 AM
I have been passing through hair loss for some time now, and ever since i have not been comfortable with myself. i started using face cap to cover it up because i was so ashamed of myself. Late last year i was introduced to some manufacturers from Africa and i contacted them and discuss about my hair loss problem,and i was told to pay some little amount of money which i was finding it difficult to pay at first but with faith and my condition i paid the money, after which they posted the remedy to me and i received it and followed the instruction.Wow i can't remember the last time i feel happy this way, am relief from my predicament.This is the manufacturers email, docarikuherbalhealingcenter@gmail.com.

caddarik79
05-08-2017, 08:31 AM
I have been passing through hair loss for some time now, and ever since i have not been comfortable with myself. i started using face cap to cover it up because i was so ashamed of myself. Late last year i was introduced to some manufacturers from Africa and i contacted them and discuss about my hair loss problem,and i was told to pay some little amount of money which i was finding it difficult to pay at first but with faith and my condition i paid the money, after which they posted the remedy to me and i received it and followed the instruction.Wow i can't remember the last time i feel happy this way, am relief from my predicament.This is the manufacturers email, docarikuherbalhealingcenter@gmail.com.

go ****yourself, dude!