PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Wesley has begun his 3rd 'Pilofocus' Phase Testing- I was finally involved!

Pages : [1] 2

Artista
11-14-2015, 05:35 AM
Hello everyone!!

My wife and I returned home yesterday from Dr. Wesley's medical clinic.
I was a patient in his 3rd Pilofocus Phase Testing which took a few hours to complete on 11/12/15 and then we had a followup the next morning.
(his second phase testing (with just a few patients) was more or less because he had to once again update his very important endoscopic tools and instrumentation)
That was important.

Now he is onto his 3rd phase testing and Im excited to have been one of his patients. finally.
It did not bother me to wait this long.
I understood what was needed before he could continue.
I will add more to this later today,,it is every morning here in Illinois. I wanted to finally let all know about this.
Im hoping for the best for ALL OF US. So is Dr. Wesley!!

cratusg
11-14-2015, 06:57 AM
I'm not really involved in this pilofocus experiment so you could you tell me what this phase 2/3 means and what he will do on the few patients exactly?

Artista
11-14-2015, 07:39 AM
I respond really quick,
I've got a lot to do this morning but I'll be back on later...
Cratusg, thanks for asking.
Of course Dr. Wesley is one of the premier
Hair transplant doctors out there but dr. Wesley had started his phase testing using endoscopic instrumentation that he developed starting in 2013.
And it also has to do with hair regeneration!!!
In his first phase test back in 2013
The factual and documented information was amazing to see and know about.
Since 2013 he has been ongoing with the development of his new science.
Everything right now thathe has done in the past which was fantastic is anecdotal at this point in time.
I am a part of the third phase testing which is great.
We will all find out how advanced this will be.
Till the time stay happy and positive bro!!
There are plenty of hair treatments available for you if you need it.
I'll be back on later thanks for you question

Artista
11-14-2015, 07:43 AM
One more thing
Sorry all I did some miss-spelling of my thread this morning
Hopefully the admin will allow me to fix it.

allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
11-14-2015, 09:15 AM
Photos!!

kirklandism
11-14-2015, 09:29 AM
Congrats Artista. How many grafts was he able to transplant?

Artista
11-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Eventually there WILL be (before and after) photos shown.
You must keep in mind that my phase testing just happened this past Thursday, Nov. 12th 2015.
Of course, Dr. Wesley took many photos of all my scalp areas prior to and then after the medical work.
Here at home now, I am doing all the necessary things needed , medically speaking, to take care of my donor areas, the endoscopic area and the grafts.

Hemo
11-14-2015, 11:00 AM
Just to clarify, are you not supposed to post pics of your own? (curious about the "eventually" in your post, and the fact that it's still a trial.)

allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
11-14-2015, 11:05 AM
Is this the only kind of hair transplant you've ever had? Or do you have something else to compare the experience to?

dutchguyhanging
11-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Eventually there WILL be (before and after) photos shown.
You must keep in mind that my phase testing just happened this past Thursday, Nov. 12th 2015.
Of course, Dr. Wesley took many photos of all my scalp areas prior to and then after the medical work.
Here at home now, I am doing all the necessary things needed , medically speaking, to take care of my donor areas, the endoscopic area and the grafts.

yeah man. see yo r tight with Doc.. howcome we know u aint sugarcoat stuff... before photos now... pls

Artista
11-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Hi Hemo , there was never a discussion at Dr. Wesley's office about the eventual photos to be shown.
I would image that eventually Dr. Wesley will talk with me about that.
Keep in mind that this IS his 3rd Phase test now. (the second phase testing was to update his tools)
He still has quite a few phase test patients ongoing.
Im not sure right now if i will be able to show photos as yet.
Right now it wouldnt make any sense to post pics anyways.

Hi 'AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken'
No, I have never had any type of hair transplantation work done before .
Ive been on Finasteride since 2013..thats all.

I am involved in this phase testing because I feel very confident that this may be a 'game-changer' for all of us....eventually we will all find out!!

nameless
11-14-2015, 11:15 AM
Artista, I'm curious why you call yourself Artista and use the image of John Lennon as your signature? I don't mean this as an insult or anything like that. I'm just curious. Are you a music composer or do you work in the recording industry?

Hemo
11-14-2015, 11:46 AM
Why post if you're not going to share your own photos? You know that is all we ultimately care about. Even if it's a 1 sq. inch, it would be interesting to see.

barfacan
11-14-2015, 12:29 PM
I respond really quick,
I've got a lot to do this morning but I'll be back on later...
Cratusg, thanks for asking.
Of course Dr. Wesley is one of the premier
Hair transplant doctors out there but dr. Wesley had started his phase testing using endoscopic instrumentation that he developed starting in 2013.
And it also has to do with hair regeneration!!!
In his first phase test back in 2013
The factual and documented information was amazing to see and know about.
Since 2013 he has been ongoing with the development of his new science.
Everything right now thathe has done in the past which was fantastic is anecdotal at this point in time.
I am a part of the third phase testing which is great.
We will all find out how advanced this will be.
Till the time stay happy and positive bro!!
There are plenty of hair treatments available for you if you need it.
I'll be back on later thanks for you question

So many words without saying a thing.

God damn we really are doomed.

cratusg
11-14-2015, 12:48 PM
So many words without saying a thing.

God damn we really are doomed.

Yeah he didn't answer a damn thing of my question hehe

nameless
11-14-2015, 12:56 PM
Guys keep in mind that Artista is a subject in a clinical trial which is run by someone other than him. It's run by Dr. Wesley. Since Dr. Wesley runs the clinical trials that means that Dr. Wesley has total control over who's in the trials, who gets dropped from the trials, who gets to stay in the information loop, who gets kicked out of the information loop, and stuff like that. If Artista does something (like posts pics before Dr. Wesley gives the go-ahead) then Artista could be dropped by Dr. Wesley and/or Dr. Wesley could take Artista out of the information loop. When you're in a clinical trial you're beholding to the person who runs it.

All of that having been said, you guys are rude and mean. Artista is sharing what he can at this point.

Artista
11-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Hemo
At this point in time there is no reason to post photos.
I am a part of Dr Wesley's 3rd phase testing.
In time photos will be posted but it's going to be up to Dr. Wesley as to when that happens.
No worries.
I'm posting to let everybody know that the third phase testing is on going now!
It's important to let everybody know that. Hey Nameless , i'm a professional artist , that's a portrait of John Lennon that I did some time ago

Artista
11-14-2015, 03:45 PM
I just read your latest response Nameless and I thank you!!
All that you have said is very correct.
This 3rd Phase Testing of Dr Wesley's is on-going and there is no way as yet to show anything.
Eventually all info and photos will be shared by the Doctor once it is time to do so.
Although there are some here that somewhat overreact and at times insult I do not take offense to any of it. No one should ever ASSUME anything.
I am always on here to try to help others, especially the very young ones.
To respond to Kirklandism's question, Dr, Wesley had done 523 grafts on to my scalp.
23 follicles were taken from the donor area via the Pilofocus phase test using his speciallized endoscopic tools.
The regeneration applications have been placed in there!
Hopefully it will turn out the same way it did during Dr Wesley's first Phase Testing he had done in 2013.
Not everyone has seen those findings from 2013, I was one of those that did see the 45 minute factual explanations/photos.
Those end results were AMAZING but of course, it is still as yet an anecdotal finding.

That is why there is the 3rd phase testing underway now.

Sogeking
11-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Thank you for the update Artista!
Artista may I ask when are you coming back for control?
Also how will this phase testing last?
And once this phase testing is finished does Dr. Wesley plan to have another one?
Yeah one lastquestion, can you at least take the photo of the scar through which pilofocus was applied?

All that said if pilofocus ends being capable of donor regeneration that is a massive game changer...

Artista
11-14-2015, 05:01 PM
Hi there Sogeking,
What i am doing now is to take care of my grafts and the donor area which has the specialized Pilofocus phase testing inside.
The 3rd Phase testing will altogether have approx. 27 patients. So this will take some time to complete.
I have no idea as to if there will be yet another phase test after this 3rd one.
Time will tell of course.
I can ask Dr. Wesley if in fact i can post any initial photos of my phase test.
The only scar that could possibly be seen would be a SMALL ONE from the Endoscopic instrument.
There is NO linear scaring with this type of new treatment.

johnnywadd
11-14-2015, 05:19 PM
Hi there Sogeking,
What i am doing now is to take care of my grafts and the donor area which has the specialized Pilofocus phase testing inside.
The 3rd Phase testing will altogether have approx. 27 patients. So this will take some time to complete.
I have no idea as to if there will be yet another phase test after this 3rd one.
Time will tell of course.
I can ask Dr. Wesley if in fact i can post any initial photos of my phase test.
The only scar that could possibly be seen would be a SMALL ONE from the Endoscopic instrument.
There is NO linear scaring with this type of new treatment.
Artista you say you had 23 follicles taken via pilofocus. Were the other 500 taken via FUE? Or is this a typo?

Artista
11-14-2015, 05:41 PM
Yes he also did the FUEs

joachim
11-14-2015, 06:06 PM
Yes he also did the FUEs

what for??? what's the point of doing 500 FUE grafts when it's all about the new pilofocus technique?

Artista
11-14-2015, 06:13 PM
Why not?
The main focus of the phase testing is that of the donor area regeneration aspect in correlation to his FUE work

joachim
11-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Why not?
The main focus of the phase testing is that of the donor area regeneration aspect in correlation to his FUE work

doesn't make sense at all.
ok, maybe for his study and documentation he needs a direct comparison with FUE, but why so many? why not take e.g. 50 FUE extractions versus 50 pilofocus extractions as direct comparison?
and why are you even willing to get 500 FUE punches when the main advantage of pilofocus is to be scarless? the anecdotal donor regeneration will be proven to be non-existent or not efficient enough anyway.
if the purpose of this phase testing is to proof donor regeneration, then 500 FUEs compared to only a handful pilofocus extractions don't really make sense.

allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
11-14-2015, 08:06 PM
Why does he think his technique is supposed to lead to donor regeneration? It's not obvious to me why a follicle would return.

johnnywadd
11-14-2015, 08:45 PM
Yes I tend to agree if it was for comparison why take so many FUE and so little pilofocus. Very strange

bobbie6915102
11-14-2015, 09:30 PM
Hi Artista,

Glad you finally got into the phase testing. You have spoken about donor regeneration but I have heard Dr. Wesley say several times that they had only worked on cadavers when people started talking about regeneration (which would obviously be impossible). I am wondering why you believe in the regeneration aspect, have you seen donor regeneration on real patients? If yes, is it true significant regeneration?

Thanks.

ss1980
11-14-2015, 09:58 PM
It is good to see that something is going on in HT industry.

BUT 23 pilo vs 500 FUE grafts is a bit disappointing, 50 grafts each on a small square would be much more desirable

He seems nice, honest and genuine and i Hope he speeds this up or else other players will come in and steal the show

Dr Christophe Guillemat from barcelona recently named his new cloning technique Stem Cell Transfer (SCT), he already completed one test and is about do big trials where he will transfer a few thousands stem cells in one go, if all good it will be avail from September.
He seems very transparent and active on his websites blog

jamesst11
11-14-2015, 10:30 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am very thoroughly impressed with Dr. Wesleys work, you'd be a fool not to be... the only factor I am having trouble comprehending is the follicle regeneration. I don't see how this technique would be able to remove so much tissue and just expect the follicle to start functioning again at a normal level. I think the main benefit we will see with his technique is minimal scarring.

dutchguyhanging
11-14-2015, 10:50 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am very thoroughly impressed with Dr. Wesleys work, you'd be a fool not to be... the only factor I am having trouble comprehending is the follicle regeneration. I don't see how this technique would be able to remove so much tissue and just expect the follicle to start functioning again at a normal level. I think the main benefit we will see with his technique is minimal scarring.

honestly I dont understand hype created around this pilo technique. 1- if u go to a reputable doc, surgery will be almost no visible 2- agree with others there is no regeneration expected of this technique anyways.If so maybe it will be 1%, again cosmetically not visible...

what are we talking about here seriously? plus it is only 50grafts pilo.....

Artista
11-15-2015, 06:40 AM
Good morning all,
To respond to bobbie6915102, basically Dr. Wesley's usage of cadavers was for testing and upgrading his endoscopic instrumentation and improve his science in safely going underneath the scalps to remove the hair follicles properly.
The use of cadavers had nothing to do with the hair regeneration aspects of his new system.

I also wanted to say that most everyone here has NOT seen that initial 2013 45 minute PowerPoint presentation via Skype by Dr Wesley in regards to his completed first Phase test .

I was one of the members here (and Spencer Kobren too) lucky enough to have been ALLOWED access to be shown the PowerPoint presentation and have my first conversation with Dr. Wesley on the specifics of it all.
A small percentage of other doctors were brought into that presentation as well.

This is a posting on one of those threads that I wrote back then...

7/14/2014
"Both Spencer and myself had personally been shown that initial PowerPoint presentation via Skype by Dr Wesley himself. (since then he has updated me once again via Skype)
He has entrusted both of us not to speak too much of his methods specifics.
Dr Wesley did not show the same thing at the ISHRS conference last year and I can understand why.
His instrumentation technology has really PROGRESSED now guys.
He isn't playing any games ,,he is VERY SINCERE at what he is doing."

Everybody can think whatever they want to think here.
I am hoping for the best for all of us ,,men and women alike.
I am doing my best now to take care of my scalps Pilofocus grafts/donor area testing.

If everyone had seen that initial PowerPoint presentation from his first phase test, I dont think that there would be so much emotional negativity. Im not being critical, just honest.

ss1980
11-15-2015, 06:55 AM
2013 45 minute PowerPoint presentation

Any reason why this presentation has not been show to general public? It is almost 2016

I would imagine that pilofocus improved greatly since then but then again he only transplanted 20 or so pilo grafts

My point is if it was so great back then then by now(almost 3 years later) we should have something to show for it

Artista
11-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Hi Ss1980,

You make a good point in question.
I will talk with Dr. Wesley this week and bring up what you have just asked about.
His Pilofocus instrumentation devices made for the phase testings have very much been updated since its beginnings. He has finally begun the next phase tests (#3) and I am glad to have been a recent patient of this next phase.

Follisket
11-15-2015, 04:27 PM
Oh, come on, someone goddamn give us unlimited donor already.
It's so bizarre and exhausting reading about fixes that fix squat.

Hemo
11-15-2015, 07:32 PM
Hi Ss1980,

You make a good point in question.
I will talk with Dr. Wesley this week and bring up what you have just asked about.
His Pilofocus instrumentation devices made for the phase testings have very much been updated since its beginnings. He has finally begun the next phase tests (#3) and I am glad to have been a recent patient of this next phase.

Regardless of the 2013 video - did he explain why he took 500 FUE grafts and only 23 using pilo? Were the 500 something extra you asked/paid for to fill in a space?

brunobald
11-16-2015, 12:07 AM
I would guess its only 27 piliofocus grafts because this is still new tech and the doctor is treading carefully.

The 500 fue may be a gift to say thankyou and basicly make the procedure worthwhile?

nameless
11-16-2015, 12:20 AM
I don't know where to put this news story. Seems like it could go in a hair transplant thread so I'll put it in here. This new story demonstrates that they could give you a full head of hair right now by transplanting a cadaver's scalp to your head.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/unprecedented-face-transplant-surgery-firefighter-hope-life/story?id=35218667

I would not want to have to take the immune suppression drugs involved but the pics make it clear that a scalp transplant could legally done because it was done in this surgery.

pixels
11-16-2015, 01:45 AM
I don't know where to put this news story. Seems like it could go in a hair transplant thread so I'll put it in here. This new story demonstrates that they could give you a full head of hair right now by transplanting a cadaver's scalp to your head.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/unprecedented-face-transplant-surgery-firefighter-hope-life/story?id=35218667

I would not want to have to take the immune suppression drugs involved but the pics make it clear that a scalp transplant could legally done because it was done in this surgery.

Or even better... get donor follicles from somebody (a friend?!?) and edit the genes. I'm fairly certain SOMETHING is going to happen soon.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28454-gene-editing-saves-life-of-girl-dying-from-leukaemia-in-world-first/

kirklandism
11-16-2015, 06:07 AM
This is a link to the presentation Dr. Wesley gave at the ISHRS conference in Chicago this past September. It has updated info on his piloscopy technique. I hope that the mods will allow this post with the link.

https://vimeo.com/139156502

stayhopeful
11-16-2015, 11:11 PM
Artista

Could you please tell us when you think Pilofocus will be available for regular folks who are suffering.

Also, do you know how quickly this will be able to get in the hands of other surgeons such as Rahal?

Would really appreciate your help

Artista
11-17-2015, 08:16 AM
HELLO Stayhopeful , (your member name is perfect!)

Everyone here MUST stay hopeful and POSITIVE and also stay CALM.
In time, we will all improve our lives in re to our hair.
We must all stay very REALISTIC and to accept what we have for right now.
For you young guys, (and hopefully for us older guys), much better hair treatments WILL be available. Women too!!
Just do not become STRESSED OUT over guesstimates & possibilities.
Stress/depression WILL cause more hairloss to you all.
I know that from experience many years ago. After that , I DECIDED to ACCEPT what my life was at that time and it certainly did HELP ME in the long run.

To respond to your post Stayhopeful,
"Could you please tell us when you think Pilofocus will be available for regular folks who are suffering"

Sorry but i would have no idea as to when Dr. Wesley will have completed his new Pilofocus science.
Especially since he has just begun his 3rd Phase Testings. There will be over 20+ phase test patients involved ahead.
I believe I was the second patient of the 3rd phase test.
Dr. Wesley is certainly very busy now and ,again, he is a SINCERE Doctor in wanting to help everyone suffering hairloss with a possibly new game-changer transplanting science.

Once he has completed this new type of medical hair treatment ,and if it proves out to be that Game-Changer, then he will be sharing this with the other doctors. He spoke of that early in 2014.
Lets all of us become SELF-RESTRAINED and to stay PATIENCE.
After-all, this IS an important Medical Phase Testing to improve the science of hair treatments and replacement.
Cheers all.

barfacan
11-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Maybe by 2020.

Artista
11-17-2015, 09:56 AM
I would think that it wont be that long Barfacan.

Hang in there bro!!

stayhopeful
11-17-2015, 11:25 AM
I would think that it wont be that long Barfacan.

Hang in there bro!!

the End of next year/beginning of 2017 would be the most magical thing....

hopefully Dr. W is aware of the suffering out there and the desperation for new/more effective technology... urgerntly

TJT
11-17-2015, 11:59 AM
No idea what all the fuss is about with this. Some incremental improvement in survivability of implanted follicles and scarring? Whatever....

Artista
11-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Dr. Wesley IS quite aware of the 'suffering' the 'desperations' and the concerns of others out there.
There is no way for Dr. Wesley to rush through his phase testings.
I'm sure that he would if he could but as I've said many times in the past and recently , he is a compassionately sincere doctor who is also very OBJECTIVE in the improvements to hair-loss help!
I too am quite objective in my approach to advising other members here on Spencer Kobren's great hairloss forum BTT

Herbaliser
11-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Dr. Wesley IS quite aware of the 'suffering' the 'desperations' and the concerns of others out there.
There is no way for Dr. Wesley to rush through his phase testings.
I'm sure that he would if he could but as I've said many times in the past and recently , he is a compassionately sincere doctor who is also very OBJECTIVE in the improvements to hair-loss help!
I too am quite objective in my approach to advising other members here on Spencer Kobren's great hairloss forum BTT

Now you actually nailed it when your concerned doc, making money of peoples desperation to fit in our shallow society.
I thought you were a real artist for a second, not influenced by the shallow marketing and this site by itīs own and be a independent artist.

Artista
11-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Hey there Herbaliser
Not sure why you would respond like that.
In fact I'm not sure what you are really saying But that's ok.. You can THINK in whatever way you prefer.
I don't know what it has to do with my artistry works either- lol
Hey Stayhopeful , any response from you now?
I know that you are a commonsense kind of member

Trouse5858
11-17-2015, 04:20 PM
Now you actually nailed it when your concerned doc, making money of peoples desperation to fit in our shallow society.
I thought you were a real artist for a second, not influenced by the shallow marketing and this site by itīs own and be a independent artist.

Honestly, what the hell are you even blabbering about?

jamesst11
11-17-2015, 04:43 PM

For someone so open minded, you sure do make rash, blanket statements. Some hair transplant surgeons save peoples lives bro. You have never been in one of our shoes, so maybe you need to just shut up already. Imagine you got hair plugs at a very young age because you were desperate, young and foolish, just imagine for a second living with HAIR PLUGS. Now imagine an ETHICAL, RESPONSIBLE doctor doing repair work and making you look normal again. PEOPLE LIKE ME should be the ones that are bitter and angry as we have been f*cked by the corporate butchers. But I am not, because I go out of my way to research. Some people have scarring alopecia, serious injuries or burns.... What about the doctors that help them lead normal lives.

Artista
11-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Hi Jamesst11... Thanks for giving us your point of view.
Also, Research is so critical for everyone.
Cheers

JDW
11-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Sorry if I've missed it on here and thanks for updating Artisa, does anyone know what the science behind the regeneration is?! Is this something new that Wesley has come up with. I didn't know Pilofocus had a regeneration side to it?

pixels
11-19-2015, 04:08 AM
Sorry if I've missed it on here and thanks for updating Artisa, does anyone know what the science behind the regeneration is?! Is this something new that Wesley has come up with. I didn't know Pilofocus had a regeneration side to it?

Transaction? He's splitting hair follicles - in a new and improved way is my guess.

Artista should have some clue since he's had the operation.

pixels
11-19-2015, 04:10 AM
Also, time will tell whether he's in it for us or the money.

The people who developed FUE made it hard for other docs to catch on hence such slow uptake compared to FUT.

Fingers crossed he shares it far and wide and chooses to change the world.

maspelosi
11-19-2015, 05:44 AM
Something is not clear yet after six pages.

Is there any kind of donnor regeneration involed on the technique? yes or not.
Are there any quantificable results about regeneration?

Thanks

JDW
11-19-2015, 05:50 AM

Thanks

That's what I would like to know, if there is this is massive but I can't remember hearing of it previously. Has he filed a patent for the proceedure?

Hubris
11-19-2015, 06:00 AM

Thanks

Dr. Wesley is promising an almost scarless hair transplant technique. In addition, it appears that some regeneration may be possible, but all evidence thus far is anecdotal and therefore that waits to be seen.

Artista
11-19-2015, 09:09 AM
Hello all, Just got back online.
(Ive been quite busy the last 2 days)

To respond~~
Maspelosi's post
"Something is not clear yet after six pages.
Is there any kind of donor regeneration involved on the technique? yes or not.
Are there any quantifiable results about regeneration? Thanks "

First of all, welcome to this, the best hairloss forum Maspelosi
Keep yourself as positive as you can be bro.

Donor regeneration IS a part of Dr. Wesley Phase Testing along with a new endoscopic hair transplantation science.
If only you and all else, early 2014, could have seen the 2014 Pilofocus 45 min.PowerPoint presentation of the very first Phase Test end-results, finished at the end of 2013.
It was AMAZING to see and witness the PowerPoint presentation along with the discussions that were had afterwards. Spencer Kobren was another person that was allowed access as well as a portion of other doctors.
As Hubris has said , "...all evidence thus far is anecdotal and therefore that waits to be seen".
(thanks for your response Hubris)

Hopefully at the end of this ongoing 3rd Phase Testing,(that I was a second patient of),
that it does eventually prove-out to be exactly what Dr. Wesley has been trying to accomplish for everybody.

Do not forget that it is not ONLY about hair regeneration, it is a new scientific way of removing ones follicles from underneath using his specialized new type of Endoscopic tools.
The only scarring one would have would be quite SMALL.

Inthemix
11-19-2015, 11:29 AM
Jamesst11- Another senseless bitter comment. Take a deep breath and relax!

pixels
11-19-2015, 11:38 AM
At the end of the day how are you going to distinguish what was FUE vs Pilo?

It seems like impossible mission. Can you please confirm how?

Artista
11-19-2015, 12:15 PM
Hey there Pixels,
Its quite obvious that you are not 100% informed of the exact Pilofocus Phase test information .
Im not criticizing you my friend.
The 3rd Pilofocus Phase testing that I was a recent patient of was specifically of 23 piloscopic grafts using the endoscopic tools at, of course, a specific spot of my donor area.
The FUE grafts that he had also done that day , were of his medical hair transplant standards.
There is of course a separation of the two in re to the Phase testing outcomes.

Herbaliser
11-19-2015, 03:12 PM
For someone so open minded, you sure do make rash, blanket statements. Some hair transplant surgeons save peoples lives bro. You have never been in one of our shoes, so maybe you need to just shut up already. Imagine you got hair plugs at a very young age because you were desperate, young and foolish, just imagine for a second living with HAIR PLUGS. Now imagine an ETHICAL, RESPONSIBLE doctor doing repair work and making you look normal again. PEOPLE LIKE ME should be the ones that are bitter and angry as we have been f*cked by the corporate butchers. But I am not, because I go out of my way to research. Some people have scarring alopecia, serious injuries or burns.... What about the doctors that help them lead normal lives.

I read Artista like an open book, by his praising over the moderator and the surgeons alone.
Donīt you get it by now how this site and how the industry works?
He gives the same comments all the time, and by your wolf alpha male picture (something) i understand how shallow we are, to fit in our society.

Why are you bringing up injuries and burns that i did not mention?

Artista
11-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Hello everybody...
Herbaliser recently said-

"I read Artista like an open book, by his praising over the moderator and the surgeons alone"

What 'moderator' is he referring to or about?

My recent posts have been about my patient involvement with this third Pilofocus phase testing.
Does anybody here understand what he has been saying right now? I certainly don't

Terry Mancini
11-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Thanks so much Artista.

Taking time out to keep us informed should be applauded. The only danger I see in your posts my friend is that you will use your artistic skills to create a portrait which shows you with more hair than is humanly possible lol

Dr Wesley is trying something new and should be supported. The bitterness displayed by some posters is ridiculous. It's so bad, they remind me of my ex wife.

Artista has asked us to be patient and at this stage the evidence for regeneration is anecdotal, what's so difficult to understand?

Look, I understand the frustration. My hair is so bad I have difficulty fighting off furry animals looking for a home, but let's just wait to see how the testing progresses.

Thanks again Artista

pixels
11-19-2015, 09:53 PM
How will you know what hairs are from the FUE and which are from the Pilo?

Can you please explain. I'm sorry if I missed this information when reading this thread.

Were the Pilo grafts planted in a different area?

JDW
11-20-2015, 05:30 AM
I would love to know what the basic scientific method/theory behind Dr Wesleys attempts at donor regeneration are

Herbaliser
11-20-2015, 05:44 AM
Hello everybody...
Herbaliser recently said-

"I read Artista like an open book, by his praising over the moderator and the surgeons alone"

What 'moderator' is he referring to or about?

My recent posts have been about my patient involvement with this third Pilofocus phase testing.
Does anybody here understand what he has been saying right now? I certainly don't

?
This site is sponsored, and iīm mentioning this because you are referring to a specific doctor.
When people complain of a specific procedure done by a doctor, the moderator blocks the thread, but praising is not a problem.

Just trying to make people understand regarding your praising approach, since its easy due to how far people are willing to go to gain some hair, and your posts take Fin like a multivitamin, docent give sides and as mentioned above regarding docīs in this forum.

Artista
11-20-2015, 08:37 AM
Hello all once again...

Hey there Terry Mancini-great response. Especially this part of your posting--
"The only danger I see in your posts my friend is that you will use your artistic skills to create a portrait which shows you with more hair than is humanly possible lol"
LOL!! That was a very funny comment..thanks bro.
Also, you too are talking to and advising everyone with commonsense. Thank you.

Hi Pixels
Please understand that, Dr. Wesley specifically removed 23 follicles via his endoscopic phase testing and of course, then applied the PRP/ACell regeneration treatment internally within the donor area.
The other grafts removed and then applied to my balding areas were from other segments of my donor area. They were worked on via his standard FUE treatment, of course.
Again, this is his 3rd Phase testing in re to regeneration of the donor area.

There is nothing wrong with the idea that he would choose the amount of donor area follicles for regeneration testing to be at 23 removed follicles.

Hi there JDW, It has everything to do with the use of Endoscopic surgery using specialized instruments that he had created and then approved by the FDA.
The only scarring would be from a small incision made by the use of his endoscopic instrument.
PRP/ACell is then applied within that donor area.
His completed 1st phase testing was an amazing thing to witness and comprehend via factual data of that 45 minute presentation in early 2014. A small segment of people were clued into this which also included a portion of other doctors.
I was lucky to have been included to view it all....then later I was accepted to be a phase test patient as well.

I am not here to PROMOTE anything,,or to SELL anything.
I am an honest member here although,,others can assume what ever they want to ASSUME...LOL.
I have been on here for a long time now (since 2010) , primarily to try to advise others, especially the young guys, that were becoming completed destroyed due to their hairloss!
I didn't know about Dr. Wesley until the late part of 2013.
Again, I was lucky to have been accepted into this phase test,,Others CAN believe what they what to believe but I was brought into Dr. Wesley's phase testing because he and others knew just how SINCERE I have been in trying to help others!
I of course hate my hairloss BUT, I do not allow it to ruin my life.
At the early part of 2013, I was preparing myself to shave my scalp. Of course, initially I would not have liked it but i wanted to LIVE MY LIFE normally..and so I would have gotten use to it.
I would have had no choice but to have accepted it.
If others around me would have disliked my shaved scalp it wouldnt have bothered me much at all.
Then I decided to give Finasteride a try...glad that I did.
Of course it did not give me back my full head of hair but I remained realistic and positive.

Once that I viewed that early 2014 45 min. Pilofocus presentation I decided to hopefully be a phase test patient of Dr. Wesley's..thankfully I was!!!!

Herbaliser
11-20-2015, 01:42 PM
Okay a little bit to much info and energy going on.
As i mentioned before to cool it down a little, since you are over doing it, and skip the exclamation marks.

Artista
11-20-2015, 01:52 PM
That is the style in which I write and
there is nothing wrong with that.
"... A bit too much info and energy gong on"
I have been compelled to explain my experiences, especially when 'someone' would assume and claim that I am here to 'promote' something here.

Lol
The majority of people here do not mind how I post.

Let's hear from others on this. Lol

pixels
11-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Can you please just answer my question.

How will you assess graft survival when it's not clear which implants are from FUE and which ones are from Pilofocus.

Herbaliser
11-20-2015, 02:00 PM
That is the style in which I write and
there is nothing wrong with that.
"... A bit too much info and energy gong on"
I have been compelled to explain my experiences, especially when 'someone' would assume and claim that I am here to 'promote' something here.

Lol
The majority of people here do not mind how I post.

Let's hear from others on this. Lol

Lol also?
Of course they donīt mind because you give them hope by your expression.
And by the way your capture of Lennon is spot on, you are a real artist.

FearTheLoss
11-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Artista,

I appreciate your posts and I like the way you present them. You are a great asset to this forum and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It's clear a lot of people that post here need help in more ways than one, and I understand their frustration with the treatments we have currently..but guys, going at one another and artista isn't positive for anyone.

FearTheLoss
11-20-2015, 02:06 PM
Artista, when are we going to have results from the phase 3 tests?

Artista
11-20-2015, 02:50 PM
HELLO FearTheLoss!!
It's been a while since last we spoke together.
Thanks for your comments
Herb' thank you so much for your nice comment on my 'John Lennon' portrait !
Cheers.
Hey Pixels, reread my response to you.
I answered your questions.

FearTheLoss
11-20-2015, 04:09 PM
when will phase 3 results be announced artista? can't wait to see what becomes of this!

Terry Mancini
11-20-2015, 04:25 PM
Herbaliser, it's got nothing to do with Artista giving us hope.

Look, for years I used to watch the cartoon Roadrunner in forlorn hope that Wiley Coyotee would capture the little runt and enjoy a delicious poultry feast. Unfortunately this never happened and Wiley remained mulnourished and clinically depressed.

This is what hair loss cures are like. They continue to disappoint and leave you upset.

I do not expect miracles from any potential treatment, but conversely, refuse to get paranoid or seek conspiracies were they do not exist. I am to old and yes, to bald for that

Artista is one of the good guys. Taking time out to keep us informed about a new procedure that will hopefully advance the cause of hair restoration, nothing more and nothing less.

One day I hope that I can walk the street without fear that my shiny bald head is intended target practice for cruel and spiteful pigeons, but until that day, will continue enjoying life, and of course, keep a beady eye open to any flying overhead birds. Lol

Artista
11-20-2015, 04:26 PM
No way of knowing right now Fear'~~
His 3rd phase testing is comprised of over 20+ patients.
In time he will update me on it all.
I'll then share with everyone here of course.
Again, I feel very good about Dr. Wesley's 'new' science.
Hopefully it turns out even better than his first phase test!

jamesst11
11-20-2015, 07:47 PM
I read Artista like an open book, by his praising over the moderator and the surgeons alone.
He gives the same comments all the time, and by your wolf alpha male picture (something) i understand how shallow we are, to fit in our society.

hahaha... I have a picture of wolves because I love them, used to study them and had a white german shephard who looked exactly like a wolf. I brought up instances in which the INDUSTRY can HELP people, because, as you did with my picture, you make rash judgments about everything because you are righteous. chill the f*ck out with all your accusations. We get it, juicing stops MPB and it's a secret hidden by the greedy multibillion dollar corporations. No, perhaps you should explain how the industry works!! I thought it was pure capitalism, like everything else in the world... Where, YES, people are motivated by MONEY, but YES, SOME take great pride in their work, have ethics and at the same time are out to make a difference. Artista has been on here for a while trying to be a positive influence on people. He got involved with a very good, well respected doctor and he's perhaps a little over excited and optimistic about it.

jamesst11
11-20-2015, 07:49 PM

oh and please, point out which wolf in my photo is the, "wolf alpha male (something)"? haha

amadeus
11-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Typical online conspiracy theorist. Artista, is just a really nice genuine guy who takes a lot of time trying to help people. You on the other hand come off as not such a nice person. Jamess11 was burned by a bad hair transplant because of the lack of good information that he could have found on this site if he found it before his transplant, but he still thinks and acts like a rational person. If anyone should be angry or paranoid it's him. Your posts are a waste of space. Please stop littering the site with your nonsense.

Winston
11-20-2015, 09:56 PM
?
This site is sponsored, and iīm mentioning this because you are referring to a specific doctor.
When people complain of a specific procedure done by a doctor, the moderator blocks the thread, but praising is not a problem.

Just trying to make people understand regarding your praising approach, since its easy due to how far people are willing to go to gain some hair, and your posts take Fin like a multivitamin, docent give sides and as mentioned above regarding docīs in this forum.

Herbaliser,

Please take the time to refer to our Forum Posting Rules & Terms of Service (https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/12805-Forum-Posting-Rules-Terms-of-Service?p=126975#post126975), specifically under Physician Complaints which I will post here for your convenience.

Physician Complaints

If you are seeking to write a public complaint about a doctor, you will be required to verify your identity and BaldTruthTalk.Com will then notify the doctor so that he/she can respond publicly as well. The thread will allow for the patient to tell their story, the doctor to respond, the patient to reply to the doctor's response and one last response from the doctor if necessary. The thread will then be locked. General commentary from other users will not be allowed.

Your assertion that moderators indiscriminately "block threads when people complain of a specific procedure done by a doctor," is false.

Please remember that all members, are required to adhere to our Forum Posting Rules & Terms of Service. When you signed up for an account on this forum you agreed to the following terms: Members are responsible to learn and follow all rules and policies in order to participate on this forum. Violation of any of our polices will place the violator’s account into moderation for evaluation without any prior notification.

Herbaliser
11-21-2015, 07:03 AM
Herbaliser,

Please take the time to refer to our Forum Posting Rules & Terms of Service (https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/12805-Forum-Posting-Rules-Terms-of-Service?p=126975#post126975), specifically under Physician Complaints which I will post here for your convenience.

I did not complain of a specific doc, since my point was the nature of this site.

Physician Complaints

If you are seeking to write a public complaint about a doctor, you will be required to verify your identity and BaldTruthTalk.Com will then notify the doctor so that he/she can respond publicly as well. The thread will allow for the patient to tell their story, the doctor to respond, the patient to reply to the doctor's response and one last response from the doctor if necessary. The thread will then be locked. General commentary from other users will not be allowed.

Your assertion that moderators indiscriminately "block threads when people complain of a specific procedure done by a doctor," is false.

Please remember that all members, are required to adhere to our Forum Posting Rules & Terms of Service. When you signed up for an account on this forum you agreed to the following terms: Members are responsible to learn and follow all rules and policies in order to participate on this forum. Violation of any of our polices will place the violator’s account into moderation for evaluation without any prior notification.

Quiet funny since i did not complain of a specific doc, only questioning the nature of this forum.
As mentioned itīs totally fine to praise doctors by their name, but not complain.

amadeus
11-21-2015, 09:38 AM
Typical troll response to a moderator who actually took the time to explain the forum policy to you. The “nature” of this forum is to help people in a civilized, honest manner. It’s apparent that trolls and the like who seem to frequent these hair forums don’t like it when rules are set in place that make sense to rational posters who just want to get solid hair loss information. You believe in snake oil and are a conspiracy theorist. There are plenty of websites to act out on and to sling your BS. Please stop insulting good people like Artista and Jamess11 and if you don’t appreciate the nature of this forum, then you should move on. Like I said there are several places that you can post your BS. I’m surprised you have been allowed to post your nonsense here for so long! I hope we can just get this thread back on track.

Quiet funny since i did not complain of a specific doc, only questioning the nature of this forum.
As mentioned itīs totally fine to praise doctors by their name, but not complain.

karxxx
11-21-2015, 10:09 AM
No way of knowing right now Fear'~~
His 3rd phase testing is comprised of over 20+ patients.
In time he will update me on it all.
I'll then share with everyone here of course.
Again, I feel very good about Dr. Wesley's 'new' science.
Hopefully it turns out even better than his first phase test!

Arista pilofocus
body hair transplant ?
thanks...

Herbaliser
11-21-2015, 01:22 PM
Typical troll response to a moderator who actually took the time to explain the forum policy to you. The “nature” of this forum is to help people in a civilized, honest manner. It’s apparent that trolls and the like who seem to frequent these hair forums don’t like it when rules are set in place that make sense to rational posters who just want to get solid hair loss information. You believe in snake oil and are a conspiracy theorist. There are plenty of websites to act out on and to sling your BS. Please stop insulting good people like Artista and Jamess11 and if you don’t appreciate the nature of this forum, then you should move on. Like I said there are several places that you can post your BS. I’m surprised you have been allowed to post your nonsense here for so long! I hope we can just get this thread back on track.

What do you mean by insulting specific people? by telling the truth how this forum works?
So the only option here is glorifying the presenting docīs, and their puppets but you cannot read between the lines.

jamesst11
11-21-2015, 02:06 PM
What do you mean by insulting specific people? by telling the truth how this forum works?
So the only option here is glorifying the presenting docīs, and their puppets but you cannot read between the lines.

O.k... why are you on here then? That's the most confusing part. It's like someone constantly complaining about mcdonalds hamburgers while they eat them every day. Please explain yourself. Is it to educate us?

Herbaliser
11-21-2015, 02:12 PM
O.k... why are you on here then? That's the most confusing part. It's like someone constantly complaining about mcdonalds hamburgers while they eat them every day. Please explain yourself. Is it to educate us?

For me we should focus on real cures instead of shallow hair loss, and thatīs why i posted like i did to wake up people.
Hair loss is not science but this forum as others proves otherwise, since itīs business.
Donīt you get that iīm not arguing, just being realistic.

Terry Mancini
11-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Herbaliser, your so right, thanks for waking me up. I only found out the other day that the moon landings were fake. Apparently they actually landed on alpha Centuri were a beautiful green skinned Goddess gave them the cure for hair loss.

The biggest shock however was a complete stranger telling me I do not suffer from hair loss at all, and that if I stare and squint at the mirror really hard, I am Bill Clinton

Stop patronising people with your conspiracy bound nonsense and bringing the good name of this site into disrepute

Herbaliser
11-21-2015, 03:12 PM
For me we should focus on real cures instead of shallow hair loss, and thatīs why i posted like i did to wake up people.
Hair loss is not science but this forum as others proves otherwise, since itīs business.
Donīt you get that iīm not arguing, just being realistic.

And forgot to mention jamess11, you are the first one that actually asks about my intentions "finally"

jamesst11
11-21-2015, 03:25 PM
I have a masters degree in cellular and molecular biology and you're trying to tell me that "hair loss is NOT science"? Please explain this. Hair loss is genetic. Hair loss is physiological. Hair loss occurs due to processes at the molecular level... so, how exactly is hair loss not science?

Herbaliser
11-22-2015, 10:41 AM
I have a masters degree in cellular and molecular biology and you're trying to tell me that "hair loss is NOT science"? Please explain this. Hair loss is genetic. Hair loss is physiological. Hair loss occurs due to processes at the molecular level... so, how exactly is hair loss not science?

Does it matter if itīs genetic?
So it means we cannot treat it due our genes, and itīs so easy to blame genetics, and therefore we need drugs to cure a treatment.

Herbaliser
11-22-2015, 11:50 AM
So it means we cannot treat it due our genes, and itīs so easy to blame genetics, and therefore we need drugs to cure a treatment.

Sorry forgot "plastic" surgery also.

BaldingEagle
11-22-2015, 12:21 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2py9krq.png

Herbaliser
11-22-2015, 12:33 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2py9krq.png

Really serious reply.
You actually made my point instead.

jamesst11
11-22-2015, 04:48 PM

You need drugs to effectively block the production DHT yes... until you can provide solid evidence of a natural treatment that does this, then there is no point in arguing. IF YOU DO? Then I will kiss you on the mouth, because believe it or not, I hate finasteride as well.

Joker
11-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Hi Artista,

Thanks so much for sticking with this and sharing your experiences with the forum. It's hard to believe it's been three years since we first started hearing about Pilofocus, but things finally seem to be moving along. I appreciate all of your posts and I'm glad Dr. Wesley was able to fit you into the trial.

I have a couple of practical questions about your experience w/ the surgery. I was hoping you might be able to share a little bit more information (if you can't, no worries).

1) Was it painful to undergo? Do you feel there is any pain or numbness where the piloscope was inserted (or like it damaged any underlying tissue)?
2) Did it take a long time, or were the extractions as quick as expected? Also, if there is an instrument under your skin at all times, does that mean your head needs to be restrained somehow so it doesn't move?
3) Will you be able to tell if any of the donor grafts regenerate? Is there a timeline for expected regeneration (if it occurs)? Can you talk about the process used for regeneration?
4) Can you say anything about Dr. Wesley's confidence or expectations for this procedure? Will it be able to do large sessions? Does it harm any grafts? Has he done any more research into regenerative methods? Etc.

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks! Fingers crossed everything goes as we all hope!

ShookOnes
11-30-2015, 08:20 PM
Hey Herbaliser the cure is 15-20 years to be discovered and 25+ to be released so it'll be all good in the end.

And yeah I've seen histogen

Artista
11-30-2015, 08:26 PM
HELLO Joker!!
It's great to hear from you.
I hope you're doing fine...
I just noticed this on my iPhone,but i'm getting ready to go to bed now so I'll quickly answer some of your questions.
Tomorrow morning I'll get back on it.
#1) Actually, The pain I have felt is not severe at all. No numbness at all either.
#2) The Pilofocus phase testing started at 7:30 AM end it was all completed by 2 PM.
I was asleep through most of it all due to the medical pain relief, which was great.
There was some type of safety restraint when he was going through the endoscopic phase testing.
Sorry Joker but it's time for me to get the bed.
I promise you tomorrow morning I will respond much more.
I feel that my hair regeneration is going to really be successful based upon his original first phase testing. Not too many people had seen that 45 minute presentation.
I was lucky to be one of those that did see it!!
It was good to hear from you bro.
I'll be back on tomorrow morning I promise
Cheers

allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
11-30-2015, 08:51 PM
HELLO Joker!!
I just noticed this on my iPhone,but i'm getting ready to go to bed now so I'll quickly answer some of your questions.
#1) Actually, The pain I have felt is not severe at all. No numbness at all either.
#2) The Pilofocus phase testing started at 7:30 AM end it was all completed by 2 PM.
I was asleep through most of it all due to the medical pain relief, which was great.
There was some type of safety restraint when he was going through the endoscopic phase testing.
I feel that my hair regeneration is going to really be successful based upon his original first phase testing. Not too many people had seen that 45 minute presentation.
Cheers

What, donor regeneration? Wesley has actually shown evidence of some before?

tedwuji
11-30-2015, 09:02 PM
HELLO Joker!!
Cheers

Cool. I am a Norwood 2.5 (super early 3?) stabilized 5 years on Finasteride and waiting for PiloFocus. Dont want a strip scar or white dots just to thicken hairline and lower it 2cm. Really hope this works.

Artista
12-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Hello everyone..
Hey Joker, Sorry but I had a lot to do this morning.

To answer your questions~~

"Thanks so much for sticking with this and sharing your experiences with the forum"
Your welcome my friend. I am here to share my experiences and to also try to help others that are stressed out over hairloss.

"Will you be able to tell if any of the donor grafts regenerate? Is there a timeline for expected regeneration (if it occurs)? Can you talk about the process used for regeneration?"

Absolutely will be able to tell if my donor area has regeneration.
I wasn't told about any timeline on this as yet. Eventually it will be talked about.
I do know that Dr. Wesley will contact me when it is time to go back to his clinic for a review.
I would imagine that I will be able to speak about that once everything is factually verified.

"Can you say anything about Dr. Wesley's confidence or expectations for this procedure? Will it be able to do large sessions? Does it harm any grafts? Has he done any more research into regenerative methods?"
There certainly does seem to be significant confidence but Dr. Wesley is also truly objective in his approach to all of this. That first completed phase test of his did not show any harm to any grafts.
In fact it was IMPRESSIVE! Thats why I had asked to eventually be a patient in his next phase testing. His second phase testings were to update his endoscopic instrumentation
(which he certainly did) and that is why he has started his 3rd phase testing now which does include follicle regeneration.

"Sorry for all the questions. Thanks! Fingers crossed everything goes as we all hope!"
No need to apologize for asking those questions Joker. I appreciate it. My fingers are crossed too bro! Thanks

"It's hard to believe it's been three years since we first started hearing about Pilofocus, but things finally seem to be moving along. I appreciate all of your posts and I'm glad Dr. Wesley was able to fit you into the trial" Thanks again Joker ! I am hoping for the best for all of us.

Hi allTheGoodNamesAreTaken,
Your question- "What, donor regeneration? Wesley has actually shown evidence of some before?
The answer is YES...but you must keep in mind that it was from his very first initial phase testings in 2013 and so at this point in time it is purely anecdotal ...I do feel confident that this new science of his may be a real Game-Changer,,,but lets step back a little and not ponder too much ...

jamesst11
12-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Artista,
I don't know if this has been covered, but can pilofocus be used to remove unwanted grafts in the recipient area from a previous bad HT? I'd imagine just a tiny scar on one location of the head would be much better than using FUE to remove 1,000 or more unwanted grafts.

doinmyheadin
12-06-2015, 10:57 PM
Hello everyone..
Hey Joker, Sorry but I had a lot to do this morning.

To answer your questions~~

"Thanks so much for sticking with this and sharing your experiences with the forum"
Your welcome my friend. I am here to share my experiences and to also try to help others that are stressed out over hairloss.

"Will you be able to tell if any of the donor grafts regenerate? Is there a timeline for expected regeneration (if it occurs)? Can you talk about the process used for regeneration?"

Absolutely will be able to tell if my donor area has regeneration.
I wasn't told about any timeline on this as yet. Eventually it will be talked about.
I do know that Dr. Wesley will contact me when it is time to go back to his clinic for a review.
I would imagine that I will be able to speak about that once everything is factually verified.

"Can you say anything about Dr. Wesley's confidence or expectations for this procedure? Will it be able to do large sessions? Does it harm any grafts? Has he done any more research into regenerative methods?"
There certainly does seem to be significant confidence but Dr. Wesley is also truly objective in his approach to all of this. That first completed phase test of his did not show any harm to any grafts.
In fact it was IMPRESSIVE! Thats why I had asked to eventually be a patient in his next phase testing. His second phase testings were to update his endoscopic instrumentation
(which he certainly did) and that is why he has started his 3rd phase testing now which does include follicle regeneration.

"Sorry for all the questions. Thanks! Fingers crossed everything goes as we all hope!"
No need to apologize for asking those questions Joker. I appreciate it. My fingers are crossed too bro! Thanks

"It's hard to believe it's been three years since we first started hearing about Pilofocus, but things finally seem to be moving along. I appreciate all of your posts and I'm glad Dr. Wesley was able to fit you into the trial" Thanks again Joker ! I am hoping for the best for all of us.

Hi allTheGoodNamesAreTaken,
Your question- "What, donor regeneration? Wesley has actually shown evidence of some before?
The answer is YES...but you must keep in mind that it was from his very first initial phase testings in 2013 and so at this point in time it is purely anecdotal ...I do feel confident that this new science of his may be a real Game-Changer,,,but lets step back a little and not ponder too much ...

Artista are you going to post photos of your Pilofocus proceedure?

Artista
12-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Hello Doinmyheadin,

Yes, eventually I will be posting my Pilofocus '3rd phase testings' procedure.
As you probably know, it will take quite a few months before my scalp is improved upon with Dr. Wesley's standard grafts and also the phase testing changes in my donor area.
I certainly DO HOPE that the 3rd Phase Testings do show an amazing change just as the 1st Phase Testings was amazing to see.
I know most of you here have NOT seen that 45 minute Pilofocus presentation early in 2014.
It was so very IMPRESSIVE.

tedwuji
12-07-2015, 03:33 PM
Hello Doinmyheadin,

Yes, eventually I will be posting my Pilofocus '3rd phase testings' procedure.
As you probably know, it will take quite a few months before my scalp is improved upon with Dr. Wesley's standard grafts and also the phase testing changes in my donor area.
I certainly DO HOPE that the 3rd Phase Testings do show an amazing change just as the 1st Phase Testings was amazing to see.
I know most of you here have NOT seen that 45 minute Pilofocus presentation early in 2014.
It was so very IMPRESSIVE.

Pictures would be great and that 45-minute presentation does sound impressive! :)

Artista
12-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Hello Tedwuji

I am sure that Dr. Wesley will eventually share his 2014 45 minute Pilofocus presentation
(the first completed phase test) with the public.

jamesst11
12-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Hello Artista, hope you're well... Can you address my question please? Is a possible use for pilofocus to remove unwanted grafts in recipient areas from previous, bad transplants? Right now our options are FUE and Lasers (which isn't much of an option at all) or to shave it bald or get SMP to mask them. Wouldn't doctor Wesley be able to make one small incision and remove all the grafts, given that they are in the same general area? I really don't know too much about this.

Artista
12-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Hi Jamesst11 !
I would imagine that that would be very feasible to do.
Dr. Wesley is so very good at what he is doing and working on.
He is also quite objective and conservative in how he helps his patients, which is a very good thing!

And thank you,,I am doing quite well. Cheers my friend!

jamesst11
12-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Always good to hear from you friend! A couple questions, if you're able to answer -

1) Has he discussed his technique in application to removing hair from the top of the scalp, in regards to unwanted hair, due to hair transplant and

2) even more interestingly to a wider demographic of people - has he discussed using his technique as a permanent "hair removal system" in areas where hair is less desirable

3) One the instrumentation has entered the dermal area, how far can he go with it to extract grafts? For example could he make an incision at one point and extract grafts 5 inches away?

4) Precisely, how big is the incision area?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just curious. I am sure you could refer me to come literature, or I could just research it, but I would rather hear about it from someone that has personally encountered his technique. Plus, I am just too lazy right now. :P

tedwuji
12-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Always good to hear from you friend! A couple questions, if you're able to answer -

1) Has he discussed his technique in application to removing hair from the top of the scalp, in regards to unwanted hair, due to hair transplant and

2) even more interestingly to a wider demographic of people - has he discussed using his technique as a permanent "hair removal system" in areas where hair is less desirable

3) One the instrumentation has entered the dermal area, how far can he go with it to extract grafts? For example could he make an incision at one point and extract grafts 5 inches away?

4) Precisely, how big is the incision area?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just curious. I am sure you could refer me to come literature, or I could just research it, but I would rather hear about it from someone that has personally encountered his technique. Plus, I am just too lazy right now. :P

Interesting questions.

Occulus
12-08-2015, 03:40 AM

There are already far less invasive, and I imagine far less expensive ways of achieving permanent hair removal that undergoing surgery to remove hair one follicle at a time. You can purchase devices over the counter for <$500 (Silk'n, Tria, etc.) that will achieve permanent hair loss.

doinmyheadin
12-09-2015, 04:38 AM
Artista, realistically when will Pilofocus be available to the general public? Would it be possible to use this proceedure for grafting into a strip scar?

kirklandism
12-09-2015, 04:37 PM
Artista, realistically when will Pilofocus be available to the general public? Would it be possible to use this proceedure for grafting into a strip scar?

I don't wish to answer on behalf of Artista but I have interviewed Dr. Wesley about piloscopy re: the rollout of the procedure and can give you some info. Realistically, piloscopy, as a hair transplant treatment that can compete with FUE/FUT in terms of effective coverage in a single treatment, will not be available as a general treatment for at least a few years. This is both a timeline suggested by Dr. Wesley himself and evident by Artista's most recent treatment with Dr. Wesley. Artista's recent treatment, where 23 out of 523 grafts were harvested by piloscopic method, demonstrates that the current instrumentation used in the piloscopic surgical technique needs further refinement. Currently, Dr. Wesley is working with a team of engineers on developing the surgical tools required for this method. The tools have to be refined to the point that: a) they can be used to harvest a similar number of grafts in a similar timeline when compared to FUE/FUT; b) they can be pragmatic for other doctors to both be trained on and use if they wish to adopt this method.

Let's be clear: the piloscopy surgical method is a very ambitious undertaking. Other doctors before Dr. Wesley have either tried the technique but found it too slow/inefficient to use as a practical treatment for hair transplantation or have not even attempted the method at all given the many hurdles to overcome. Dr. Wesley has taken on a large and ambitious project by bringing this treatment to market. He is effectively building the treatment from the ground floor up. While it has long been known that there is a 'gap' underneath the follicles that allows for instruments to harvest the follicles from below, the instruments required to do so, and to do so quickly and without damaging them, requires time to develop, refine and then train on.

So, even as the instruments become more refined to the point that Dr. Wesley himself is satisfied, he will still have to train a small number of doctors on the instruments to see how they interact with them. It is likely that, at that stage of testing, there will be further iterations required such that a larger number of doctors can be trained on the technique. At each level of testing, such as with Artista, more information is gathered on what is working and what still needs refinement. Then another round of testing is required with the upgrades on the instruments.

When (not if because I sincerely believe that Dr. Wesley has committed himself professionally and financially to the technique to the point of no return) he gets piloscopy to market, it will be a game changer. True scarless HT's will be available and the possibility for limited donor regeneration will be another advantage of the technique.

Given all that, I do not see piloscopy as a widely available treatment for at least 4-5 years (this is my own opinion).

barfacan
12-09-2015, 06:50 PM
maybe by 2020. PILLOW focus; it means in your dreams mother****ers

Occulus
12-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Given all that, I do not see piloscopy as a widely available treatment for at least 4-5 years (this is my own opinion).

Given all the new protocols for hair loss that will come on line in the 5-10 year range, he may miss the window to really profit.

Trouse5858
12-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Not to be a pessimist but I just don't quite get the hype for this technology. Speculative donor regeneration and no scarring in 5 years?! Even IF this tool can yield cosmetically viable donor regeneration and that's a big if, it will be irrelevant if other superior maintenance options are already on the market for the top of the scalp. Not to mention who are these men who are still victims of visible scarring after a FUE transplant? If you invest the money and go to a private doctor with actual skill that's becoming less of a problem every day, even with relatively short hair on the sides and back. I applaud this guy for having the vision to undertake this project but it just seems barring some breakthrough, it will be too little too late.

joachim
12-09-2015, 07:58 PM
like said a few times already, pilofocus will be a huge dissapointment, and even more if it doesn't get released within 1 or 2 years. when replicel, histogen, SM and others are available within 3 or 4 years, then pilofocus is totally pointless. it's ridiculous.

Hemo
12-10-2015, 12:07 PM
like said a few times already, pilofocus will be a huge dissapointment, and even more if it doesn't get released within 1 or 2 years. when replicel, histogen, SM and others are available within 3 or 4 years, then pilofocus is totally pointless. it's ridiculous.

Not entirely. If those with the money prefer to have a 1 or 2 time treatment and not do much else for awhile (even though I would never get a HT and not take fin or something), they may still opt for a transplant.

It will also benefit those who are close to or already too far gone for fin/topicals. It's all speculation on if/when these other treatments may make it to market anyway.

Of course, fewer people will probably opt for transplants, but they will probably still be in demand. Agreed that piloscopy will probably come towards the end of when hair transplants are the best long term solution, though (I hope, anyway).

Hubris
12-10-2015, 12:10 PM

That's assuming that any of those products actually make it to market.

Occulus
12-11-2015, 06:02 AM
That's assuming that any of those products actually make it to market.

It's looking increasingly likely that at least one of them will. How effective they will be is the real question. But it's becoming increasingly clear that a really effective protocol is probably less than 15 years away, and possibly less than 10. If Pilofocus isn't widely commercially available by 2020 or so, it's not going to be hugely successful - there will be just be too many other options (pharma, traditional surgeries, etc.) available. Really, I think any sort of surgery will be far less common within the next ten years, and the number of potential candidates will shrink every year thereafter, as fewer and fewer men go significantly bald thanks to pharma intervention early in the disease.

pixels
12-11-2015, 04:54 PM
I agree with you.

So many douche bags here though having a cry about this and dissing it. What is their contrabution to solving this nightmare?!?

Rest assured Dr Wesley has done more for science and getting us closer to some form of resolve than 99% of the other members on this site who constantly speculate and in doing so promote misinformation.

If I was moderator here I'd be blessing guys like Hell and deleting all the worthless repetitive junk the haters post.

Trouse5858
12-11-2015, 05:58 PM
I agree with you.

So many douche bags here though having a cry about this and dissing it. What is their contrabution to solving this nightmare?!?

Rest assured Dr Wesley has done more for science and getting us closer to some form of resolve than 99% of the other members on this site who constantly speculate and in doing so promote misinformation.

If I was moderator here I'd be blessing guys like Hell and deleting all the worthless repetitive junk the haters post.

Well 99.9 percent of this entire "Cutting Edge" sub-forum is speculative. Some good, but given this industry's long and storied history of underachievement, most of it is bad. Right or wrong, that's just the way it works. You're upset with negativity here? Let's see if you feel the same way in a few years and a few thousand follicles later..

dutchguyhanging
12-12-2015, 12:13 AM
Well 99.9 percent of this entire "Cutting Edge" sub-forum is speculative. Some good, but given this industry's long and storied history of underachievement, most of it is bad. Right or wrong, that's just the way it works. You're upset with negativity here? Let's see if you feel the same way in a few years and a few thousand follicles later..

here agree with u.. been checking this forum since 2008... never seen something working than fin... if u look at this long trajectory , no wonder why people are pessimistic. Honestly I am one of them because i am not desperate enough to get my hopes up with small anecdotal papers... I dont even feel posting on those topics...

u know the sad part, I think some users will still be on this forum in 2040 saying cure is coming next year... this is just sad....

allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
12-12-2015, 10:42 AM
even more interestingly to a wider demographic of people - has he discussed using his technique as a permanent "hair removal system" in areas where hair is less desirable
:P

Really hope not because that would mean it doesn't cause regeneration.

allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
12-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Really, I think any sort of surgery will be far less common within the next ten years, and the number of potential candidates will shrink every year thereafter, as fewer and fewer men go significantly bald thanks to pharma intervention early in the disease.

I reckon the stuff in trials now will compliment the surgeries. I don't expect any of the current things in trials to turn a NW7 scalp into a properly bushy one, but they do seem to work to some extent. They'd solve the problem of having to have repeated transplant surgeries as loss continues with not enough donor to keep playing catch up after a certain point. I'd be much more likely to consider a transplant if I didn't have to worry about a lifetime of that shit.

Artista
12-14-2015, 08:34 AM
Its been 1 month and 2 days now since I was Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus Phase Test patient (#2).
As Jotronic mentioned would happen on Spencer's show a couple of weeks ago, a lot of my hair-grafts have dispersed now which is a NORMAL thing to happen with standard grafts.
The follicle-grafts are still in place and they will start to grow and show in time.
I have no doubts that my hairline will look a lot better within this coming new year,2016, due to
Dr. Wesley's very good work via his standard FUE medical science.

Also, in time we shall see just how his updated endoscopic phase testing in my donor area proves out to be.
Again, I do feel quite confident that his 3rd phase testings will once again do exactly what the first phase testings had proven to show.
I feel that his 2nd phase test improvements will HELP to improve his cutting-edge science!

pixels
12-15-2015, 03:22 AM
Again, I do feel quite confident that his 3rd phase testings will once again do exactly what the first phase testings had proven to show.

Which is what exactly?

Artista
12-15-2015, 09:08 AM
Hi Pixels
Dr. Wesley is working on
hair regeneration!!!
His first phase testing was amazing to see

pixels
12-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Hi Pixels
Dr. Wesley is working on
hair regeneration!!!
His first phase testing was amazing to see

Im sceptical about acell given all the false hope and promise in the past. Dr Cooley made all kinds of promises but didn't deliver the results.

That said he still has done more for MBP than most of the people here that speculate in any direction.

However because it's Pilofocus happens under the skin maybe it'll help.

We'll see what happens. Arista if you can get 50 hairs from your 25 hairs and we see photographic proof it's going to be an awesome day.

How long did harvesting the 25 specifically take?

Artista
12-15-2015, 11:47 AM
I understand your view point on this being that you were not added into the 2014 45 minute Pilofocus presentation on his 1st phase test.
Acell/PRP, made a huge difference in how it was applied endoscopic-wise this time ..
E

pixels
12-16-2015, 04:52 AM
How long did the 25 Pilofocus graphs take to harvest and place?

doinmyheadin
12-16-2015, 05:20 AM
I understand your view point on this being that you were not added into the 2014 45 minute Pilofocus presentation on his 1st phase test.
Acell/PRP, made a huge difference in how it was applied endoscopic-wise this time ..
E

Artista we appreciate your updates but what is with all the secrecy with regards to the 2014 45 minute video which you say shows donar regeneration? I too am very sceptical about Acell and regeneration, there was all this big hype about 4 years ago with these you beaut close up slides of regeneration. Yet we have seen no normal photos of someone with more coverage then a normal limted donar transplant? Hasn't it also been proven when you bisect a graft both hairs grow back smaller eg to the percentage they were split?

Artista
12-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Hi Pixels, please be more specific on what you are asking.

Are you referring to my Pilofocus grafts and the Phase Test?
The surgery started at 7:30 am and ended at approx. 2:30 pm.

garethbale
12-16-2015, 05:47 PM
I'm starting to think this 45 minute presentation is some mythical beast that doesn't really exist, like the minotaur or the gorgon...

tedwuji
12-23-2015, 12:41 PM
I'm starting to think this 45 minute presentation is some mythical beast that doesn't really exist, like the minotaur or the gorgon...

lol come on man

Artista
12-23-2015, 01:32 PM
Hello everybody!
Hey there Garethbale, I don't know why you would have any negative thoughts in regards to Dr. Wesley's 45 minute presentation. It was The end results of his Pilofocus 1st phase testings..
Of course not a whole lot of people have witnessed that presentation from early 2014.
Spencer Kobren and I were lucky enough to have been shown that 45 minute presentation and we were very astonished!!
Garthblade, you and all else can believe what you want but it's real science and hopefully it will continue to improve.
I'm just so glad to be a part of his third phase test now.
In time all the information will be shown to everybody!!
Stay positive!!

Hi there Tedwuji !
Good response. Lol

NeedHairASAP
12-23-2015, 02:56 PM
what happens to the market for pilofocus when this hits the market?

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/22425-Re-seeding-hair

garethbale
12-23-2015, 04:14 PM
Hello everybody!
Hey there Garethbale, I don't know why you would have any negative thoughts in regards to Dr. Wesley's 45 minute presentation. It was The end results of his Pilofocus 1st phase testings..
Of course not a whole lot of people have witnessed that presentation from early 2014.
Spencer Kobren and I were lucky enough to have been shown that 45 minute presentation and we were very astonished!!
Garthblade, you and all else can believe what you want but it's real science and hopefully it will continue to improve.
Stay positive!!

Hi there Tedwuji !
Good response. Lol

Lighten up Artista. I was only having a laugh.

Thanks and I look forward to reading more of your updates.

pixels
12-24-2015, 02:40 AM
Hello everybody!
Stay positive!!

Hi there Tedwuji !
Good response. Lol

lol I thought it was funny.
Until we all see it... It's a unicorn.

Don't fret though Arista, we love Unicorns :D

tedwuji
12-24-2015, 09:51 AM
lol I thought it was funny.
Until we all see it... It's a unicorn.

Don't fret though Arista, we love Unicorns :D

Artista is not claiming this solo.

Spencer Kobren has made the same claim, and has mentioned being aware Artista has seen it.

This makes it less of a "unicorn" in my book.

Not to say that I am not eager to see the video myself. Just feel it's unlikely the video is fiction.

Hemo
12-24-2015, 11:43 AM
Artista is not claiming this solo.

Spencer Kobren has made the same claim, and has mentioned being aware Artista has seen it.

This makes it less of a "unicorn" in my book.

Not to say that I am not eager to see the video myself. Just feel it's unlikely the video is fiction.

I don't think people are doubting the presentation exists, but no one gives a shit about hearing about it constantly if we're never going to see it. Artista mentions it in basically every post - it doesn't mean anything to us.

pixels
12-24-2015, 06:39 PM
I don't think people are doubting the presentation exists, but no one gives a shit about hearing about it constantly if we're never going to see it. Artista mentions it in basically every post - it doesn't mean anything to us.

Yet we always tell people that xyz solution ain't nothing until we see pics (nigram, cooley, dermaroll, HASCI etc etc etc etc) yet somehow PILOFOCUS is elevated above needing to prove itself.

Remember spencer also interviewed HASCI and many others that not spencer but the hair loss community made accountable for their claims.

Until we see the video or Arista pics... Houston we have a Unicorn.

That said I do enjoy Aristas positivity and his posts provide me with hope. And I like that :)

tedwuji
12-24-2015, 06:53 PM
Yet we always tell people that xyz solution ain't nothing until we see pics (nigram, cooley, dermaroll, HASCI etc etc etc etc) yet somehow PILOFOCUS is elevated above needing to prove itself.

Remember spencer also interviewed HASCI and many others that not spencer but the hair loss community made accountable for their claims.

Until we see the video or Arista pics... Houston we have a Unicorn.

That said I do enjoy Aristas positivity and his posts provide me with hope. And I like that :)

I want to see the video too. I just dont think Artista is creating fantasy.

It's a given PiloFocus is not a sure thing as it's not completed phase 3 trials yet.

pixels
12-25-2015, 03:31 PM
I want to see the video too. I just dont think Artista is creating fantasy.

It's a given PiloFocus is not a sure thing as it's not completed phase 3 trials yet.

Normally when they trial a new hair transplant technique they put a small tattoo around the recipient area so they can differentiate between normal transplanted hair and the new technique. Or they transplant hair into completely bald areas.

That way they can easily monitor growth and take photos.

Do you happen to know which technique the used for Arista?

If neither was used its going to be impossible to tell which hairs were FUE grafts vs Piloficus.

Don't you want to know?!?!?!?

tedwuji
12-25-2015, 03:37 PM
Normally when they trial a new hair transplant technique they put a small tattoo around the recipient area so they can differentiate between normal transplanted hair and the new technique. Or they transplant hair into completely bald areas.

That way they can easily monitor growth and take photos.

Do you happen to know which technique the used for Arista?

If neither was used its going to be impossible to tell which hairs were FUE grafts vs Piloficus.

Don't you want to know?!?!?!?

These clinical trials are peer-reviewed studies. I am sure there are mechanisms at play to allow accurate monitoring of growth.

Artista
01-04-2016, 10:51 AM
Hello and (once again) Happy New Year to all...

I just wanted to say that it has been almost 2 months now since I was Dr. Wesley's Phase Test patient!
I have been taking good care of my scalp.
Of course, a percentage of the grafts have fallen out, which is normal.
The regrowth will eventually happen in a few months from now.
Some of those grafts are still in place though.
My donor area in which Dr. Wesley had applied his Phase Testing to, feels OK meaning that there is no serious pain or swelling.
In so many months from now, I will be back to his clinic so that he can review the outcome.
Again, his 1st phase test confirmed results were amazing to see!
Being that during his 2nd phase testing he had to update and improve his equipment ,etc.
I feel and hope that this 3rd phase test may be even better than before.
I will talk with Dr. Wesley about that 2013 45 minute presentation.
Cheers all.

jamesst11
01-04-2016, 11:22 AM
when you have the chance can you please ask him if he would be willing to attempt this procedure to remove unwanted hair transplant grafts in a recipient site?

allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
01-04-2016, 03:09 PM
Glad to hear it's apparently going well, but I really wish we could get some photos or something here rather than just constantly hearing about how promising it is...

Artista
01-04-2016, 08:18 PM
I understand... Eventually photos will be shown.

tedwuji
01-09-2016, 06:22 AM
I understand... Eventually photos will be shown.

Heard you on the most recent airing of the show, thanks for the information Artista. Let us know when you get an update.

Artista
01-09-2016, 07:37 AM
Hello Tedwuji ! You are welcomed and thank you too!
I certainly will update you and everybody here.
Cheers!!

doinmyheadin
01-09-2016, 07:55 AM
Heard you on the most recent airing of the show, thanks for the information Artista. Let us know when you get an update.

Tedwuji what information would that be?

tedwuji
01-10-2016, 07:13 AM
Tedwuji what information would that be?

lol

inbrugge
01-17-2016, 03:26 PM
So why should we be excited for Pilofocus again? As far as I understand, it's not designed for regeneration in donor area, but only to prevent scars.

Honestly, unless I am mistaken, I don't see how this is a significant breakthrough

jamesst11
01-17-2016, 03:50 PM
I think if pilofocus was fine tuned enough to be able to remove a good amount of hair with a very minimal scar, that would be huge. Not ONLY for removing from donor sites, BUT removing unwanted previous transplants from recipient sites. I wish I could get an answer on this. I would love to have a tiny scar and all these horrible transplants removed. If that were possible, I would do it tomorrow.

pixels
01-17-2016, 09:04 PM
So why should we be excited for Pilofocus again? As far as I understand, it's not designed for regeneration in donor area, but only to prevent scars.

Honestly, unless I am mistaken, I don't see how this is a significant breakthrough

Honestly... Don't be dim. Engage brain.

This is a huge step forward in Hair Transplant tech.

Maybe not in regeneration tech.

But seriously man. Credit where credit due.
Go get an FUT if you disagree.

pixels
01-17-2016, 09:05 PM
I think if pilofocus was fine tuned enough to be able to remove a good amount of hair with a very minimal scar, that would be huge. Not ONLY for removing from donor sites, BUT removing unwanted previous transplants from recipient sites. I wish I could get an answer on this. I would love to have a tiny scar and all these horrible transplants removed. If that were possible, I would do it tomorrow.

ARISTA answer a question? Your question? As opposed to the usual copy paste answer.

You're expecting way too much ;)

Haircure
01-17-2016, 09:22 PM
Honestly... Don't be dim. Engage brain.

This is a huge step forward in Hair Transplant tech.

Maybe not in regeneration tech.

But seriously man. Credit where credit due.
Go get an FUT if you disagree.
He asked a simple question, there was no need to be condescending. It's a legitimate point, any good fue surgeon out there can give you really good results with scars that are practically unnoticeable even when shaved, and even then you have to be actually looking for them to be able to notice. There is no point in having a new technique which simply reduces already insignificant scarring and in all likelihood a lot more expensive. If there is no regeneration or greater percent yield then it is not worth the extra costs.

pixels
01-17-2016, 10:06 PM
He asked a simple question, there was no need to be condescending. It's a legitimate point, any good fue surgeon out there can give you really good results with scars that are practically unnoticeable even when shaved, and even then you have to be actually looking for them to be able to notice. There is no point in having a new technique which simply reduces already insignificant scarring and in all likelihood a lot more expensive. If there is no regeneration or greater percent yield then it is not worth the extra costs.

And there YOU go speculating on things like price. We have no idea.

My comment is just. The person I replied to has done absolutely nothing to help us fix hairloss.

Dr Wesley and Arista have done infinately more.

Regardless of what you say. If Pilofocus works myself and many others will become paying customers.

I'm fully in the Pilofocus camp but wish Arista would be more upfront and less sensationalistic.

That said I prefer his hope over everybody else's complaining.

Meanwhile I'd encourage you to Google FUE scars. It's not all peaches and cream.

Haircure
01-17-2016, 10:27 PM
And there YOU go speculating on things like price. We have no idea.

My comment is just. The person I replied to has done absolutely nothing to help us fix hairloss.

Dr Wesley and Arista have done infinately more.

Regardless of what you say. If Pilofocus works myself and many others will become paying customers.

I'm fully in the Pilofocus camp but wish Arista would be more upfront and less sensationalistic.

That said I prefer his hope over everybody else's complaining.

Meanwhile I'd encourage you to Google FUE scars. It's not all peaches and cream.

The price is practically a given, you have a new technique which is patented and so only offered by one or a select few clinics, it's obvious they will charge a premium over traditional methods. You don't have to look further than HASCI, they claim no scarring and look how much they charge.

And since when does one have to have contributed to "fixing hairloss" have anything to do with voicing their opinions? Makes entirely no sense. If someone is willing to invest their hard earned money into a product they can definitely have a say or voice their concerns/complaints, it's simple logic and business. Your logic assumes that we should openly welcome any new treatments and not criticize simply because they are "doing something" compared to the rest of us, lol so apparently we now have to also help cure hairloss before we can critique another's accomplishment? Seems fair (sarcasm).

As for googling fue scars, yea... That's why I said a good surgeon.

pixels
01-17-2016, 11:02 PM
The price is practically a given, you have a new technique which is patented and so only offered by one or a select few clinics, it's obvious they will charge a premium over traditional methods. You don't have to look further than HASCI, they claim no scarring and look how much they charge.

And since when does one have to have contributed to "fixing hairloss" have anything to do with voicing their opinions? Makes entirely no sense. If someone is willing to invest their hard earned money into a product they can definitely have a say or voice their concerns/complaints, it's simple logic and business. Your logic assumes that we should openly welcome any new treatments and not criticize simply because they are "doing something" compared to the rest of us, lol so apparently we now have to also help cure hairloss before we can critique another's accomplishment? Seems fair (sarcasm).

As for googling fue scars, yea... That's why I said a good surgeon.

That's not totally accurate either. HASCI were preying on people saying that they could achieve regeneration. He was a real scum bag.

Wesley patenting his tool seems fair enough. He can't stop people doing the same procedure though and making their own similar device that works differently enough for it not to infringe the patent.

What I'm hoping is that Wesley doesn't do what the guy who invented FUE does. Woods just kept the technique to himself and charged an arm and a leg.

So what if we were to speculate in the other more hopeful direction. In that case Wesley manufactures the tool and sells it at a reasonable prices and runs workshops everywhere teaching Pilofocus.

If that happens the market will set the price. Other surgeons will upskill and eventually the price will be the same as FUE (which is still more expensive than FUT).

Hopefully this happens and Wesley does the opposite of Woods and HASCI and changes the playing field.

And yes if you're going to complain and whinge and speculate (guess the future) in the negative sense than I do think it'd be nice for readers if it was balanced with some form contribution.

While I'm speculating just the same amount as you are, which is to say we're both making things up, at least I'm not making people feel worse.

Wesley... If you're reading this...

Do the right thing! Share the tool! Teach all the surgeons! You'll get rich either way but you'll make a bigger difference if you share and disrupt the market well and proper :)

dutchguyhanging
01-18-2016, 04:19 AM
That's not totally accurate either. HASCI were preying on people saying that they could achieve regeneration. He was a real scum bag.

Wesley patenting his tool seems fair enough. He can't stop people doing the same procedure though and making their own similar device that works differently enough for it not to infringe the patent.

What I'm hoping is that Wesley doesn't do what the guy who invented FUE does. Woods just kept the technique to himself and charged an arm and a leg.

So what if we were to speculate in the other more hopeful direction. In that case Wesley manufactures the tool and sells it at a reasonable prices and runs workshops everywhere teaching Pilofocus.

If that happens the market will set the price. Other surgeons will upskill and eventually the price will be the same as FUE (which is still more expensive than FUT).

Hopefully this happens and Wesley does the opposite of Woods and HASCI and changes the playing field.

And yes if you're going to complain and whinge and speculate (guess the future) in the negative sense than I do think it'd be nice for readers if it was balanced with some form contribution.

While I'm speculating just the same amount as you are, which is to say we're both making things up, at least I'm not making people feel worse.

Wesley... If you're reading this...

Do the right thing! Share the tool! Teach all the surgeons! You'll get rich either way but you'll make a bigger difference if you share and disrupt the market well and proper :)
27K views and almost 300 replies on what? we dont even have a photo to show...
either I am too pessimistic or this forum started to lose its value.. look at all topics in cutting edge section... I am kindly asking everyone

Occulus
01-18-2016, 07:19 AM
He better hurry up, because I've been monitoring the ARTAS system's progress, and it's very, very impressive. At this point, I don't see any advantage to a "scarless" ht technique given how precise ARTAS is and will be. Remember, the ARTAS system keeps getting better and better with each software update - it's a very powerful tool that has only just begun to show its capabilities. It's probably only a matter of time before ARTAS can both extract and implant units (it already extracts units and creates the implant incisions, so really it's not that far off), at which point hts become much less expensive. Piloscopy is impressive, but its window is probably closing.

stayhopeful
01-29-2016, 05:11 AM
Will Pilofocus potentially provide superior hairline results to the current methods out there right now? I mean really, the biggest turn off to me about hair transplants is that the hairline results are just usually not that impressive; it looks artificial most of the time. What can we do to thicken the hairline results? Will Pilofocus accomplish this? Please answer someone

tedwuji
01-29-2016, 06:33 AM
Will Pilofocus potentially provide superior hairline results to the current methods out there right now? I mean really, the biggest turn off to me about hair transplants is that the hairline results are just usually not that impressive; it looks artificial most of the time. What can we do to thicken the hairline results? Will Pilofocus accomplish this? Please answer someone

The commonly discussed benefits of PiloFocus are potential regeneration, and no visible scarring.

If regeneration is indeed possible, then obviously there will be increased supply. Probably allowing for more liberal use of donor supply and better final yields. Hairlines may look better in this case.

Artista
01-29-2016, 09:09 AM
Hello Tedwujiand (and everyone else) ,

That was a good response by you Ted', one of your points mentioned:
"If regeneration is indeed possible, then obviously there will be increased supply"

The 'increased supply' meaning is that, IF part of Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus phase testing,
'the donor area hair regeneration', turns out to be authentic & reliable, THEN possibly, a man with a NW7 hairloss could, overtime, continually have hair transplantation done until he has a DECENT amount of hair.
Of course that would take quite a while to complete being that the patient would have to await the hair regeneration to finish up each time ...
Hopefully the Pilofocus phase testings can eventually become a
'Game-changer' for us all, men and women alike. No one knows at this point in time so we all must step back a little and stay POSITIVE!! There IS no reason not to STAY POSITIVE!
I cant wait to see if my phase tested donor area shows the fantastic results that some of us had seen from Dr. Wesley's 2013 first phase testing completion SHOWN in early 2014.
Ill say again, although the first phase text results were fantastic and factual, it IS at this point,
still anecdotal . Patience certainly is a VIRTUE for everybody.

Dr. Wesley is not the kind of doctor that will or would assume anything.
He is quite sincere and objective and wants to truly help others in life!!

stayhopeful
01-29-2016, 12:23 PM
You're the best Arista, thanks for the response. Dr. Wes is the best too, but I sure hope he rushes this to market a little quicker. I mean there is severe suffering going on each day!

But Artista, do you know when you will have the indications if your test patch was successful? few weeks, one month, 3 months?

Thanks again, I am a young sufferer, I remember reading your posts that you are really empathetic towards the young folks.

Artista
01-29-2016, 01:54 PM
I'm at work so it's hard for me to respond but I'll say this...
Probably in the summertime my donor area will be looked at well!!!
I think that Dr. Wesley more than likely will officially review it after almost a year

allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
01-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Hello Tedwujiand (and everyone else) ,

That was a good response by you Ted', one of your points mentioned:
"If regeneration is indeed possible, then obviously there will be increased supply"

The 'increased supply' meaning is that, IF part of Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus phase testing,
'the donor area hair regeneration', turns out to be authentic & reliable, THEN possibly, a man with a NW7 hairloss could, overtime, continually have hair transplantation done until he has a DECENT amount of hair.
Of course that would take quite a while to complete being that the patient would have to await the hair regeneration to finish up each time ...
Hopefully the Pilofocus phase testings can eventually become a
'Game-changer' for us all, men and women alike. No one knows at this point in time so we all must step back a little and stay POSITIVE!! There IS no reason not to STAY POSITIVE!
I cant wait to see if my phase tested donor area shows the fantastic results that some of us had seen from Dr. Wesley's 2013 first phase testing completion SHOWN in early 2014.
Ill say again, although the first phase text results were fantastic and factual, it IS at this point,
still anecdotal . Patience certainly is a VIRTUE for everybody.

Dr. Wesley is not the kind of doctor that will or would assume anything.
He is quite sincere and objective and wants to truly help others in life!!

Do you have a date scheduled to have your donor area checked for regeneration?

Artista
01-29-2016, 03:17 PM
My guess right now would be that I will probably officially be at his clinic around the fall time of this year (maybe August)
But I don't know for certain way yet.

stayhopeful
01-29-2016, 03:32 PM
August/Fall is quite a while away. I am surprised it takes that long just to check if there has been any regeneration. Do you think you will be able to check yourself before then?

I think of your trial shows optimal results, Dr. Wes might be obligated to immediately start opening this up to more people, of course, granted his IP is protected, given the enormous amount of suffering that millions of individuals are experiencing.

Artista
01-29-2016, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't say that it would take that long to verify hair regeneration.
Dr. Wesley is very busy and this third phase test will have more than 20 patients involved.
My wife and I will be seriously checking out my donor area in April to see just how the regeneration is doing.
We will use good quality lighting and take pictures and videos not only of the donor area but also the areas in which Dr. Wesley did the Standard FUEs, we will be checking the scarring and the implants of course.
I feel quite positive about this.
I will be sending all that information to his office. Sometime in the summer my wife and I will be out in New York City anyways for a little vacation time once again and of course we will stop by Dr. Wesley's clinic!!

Artista
01-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Eventually I will be posting before and after photos here for all of you to see!!!

stayhopeful
01-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Thanks bro! Please don't forget to come back in April and update us.

I mean, if the results are truly as promising as the potential, I like to think Dr. Wes can make moves to make this available pretty rapidly. Am I correct?

Thank you again.

Artista
01-29-2016, 05:02 PM
You are welcome bro ... No we don't know exactly when he might be able to make this available for everybody.
It could be sooner then I would think but it could be later as well.
Again as I say stay positive- don't stress!

stayhopeful
01-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Bro one last question. This was just basically the piloscopy with acell is that right?

Artista
01-29-2016, 05:15 PM
This 3rd Phase testing is using PRP and ACell treatments 'underneath' the donor scalp within the follicles Epidermal stem cells !!
Again Dr Wesley had created a specialized type of Endoscope instrumentation!!! Verified by the FDA!!

stayhopeful
01-29-2016, 05:29 PM
Woah, when you describe it that way it sounds super promising. Can't wait until April !

Artista
01-30-2016, 01:27 PM
Hi Stayhopeful and everyone else...

Thanks Stayhopeful for all of your responses.
You are a very decent member here, also your 'name' Stayhopeful is GREAT!

Wanted to say that this morning after my morning shower, looking at my hair, the standard FUEs
that Dr. Wesley had done is showing a lot more improvements!
On the average, a percentage of FUE grafts eventually do fall out of ones scalp but the grafted follicles are still in place underneath the scalp and will EVENTUALLY start the GROWING process!
Also a percentage of those grafts will not fall out of ones scalp and will continue to grow!!
That is what has been happening with my scalp!
Some of my grafts DID fall out (the hair follicles will regrow of course) but a good portion of my grafts did not fall out and they are continuing to grow!
Sometime next month, I will post new photos of my hair and Ill also post photos of my hair from back in 2013.
Again, much later on ,I will be showing photos for the donor area too. (but not now)

jamesst11
01-30-2016, 02:25 PM
Hi Stayhopeful and everyone else...

Thanks Stayhopeful for all of your responses.
You are a very decent member here, also your 'name' Stayhopeful is GREAT!

Wanted to say that this morning after my morning shower, looking at my hair, the standard FUEs
that Dr. Wesley had done is showing a lot more improvements!
On the average, a percentage of FUE grafts eventually do fall out of ones scalp but the grafted follicles are still in place underneath the scalp and will EVENTUALLY start the GROWING process!
Also a percentage of those grafts will not fall out of ones scalp and will continue to grow!!
That is what has been happening with my scalp!
Some of my grafts DID fall out (the hair follicles will regrow of course) but a good portion of my grafts did not fall out and they are continuing to grow!
Sometime next month, I will post new photos of my hair and Ill also post photos of my hair from back in 2013.
Again, much later on ,I will be showing photos for the donor area too. (but not now)

Artista, hope everything is good! I want my transplanted hairs removed. I hate them. It is not just the physical appearance, but the mentality brought about by such a horrible mistake. Has Dr. Wesley ever experimented with removing transplanting hairs in the recipient site via his pilofocus technique? Could you ask him if you ever have time? This would be huge for patients that have had bad transplants that are localized in one area of the head. One tiny scar is much better than 900 white dots. Let me know.

Artista
01-30-2016, 05:32 PM
Hey there Jamesst11, I promise you that I will speak with Dr. Wesley about this this coming week.
Ill contact you on his response ASAP.
James' have you ever posted photos of your hairline/transplanted hairs?
Id like to see that to understand just why you would feel this way.
Of course, You already know that you do not need to also show your face in those photos of your hair.
Again, I will contact Dr. Wesley for you bro,,,

jamesst11
01-30-2016, 07:47 PM
I just took some pics and am still hesitant to upload them. I know I don't need to show my face... it's just very mentally traumatic for me

Artista
01-30-2016, 08:16 PM
James'
just step back from that and do not allow that to affect you .
No one will criticize you bro
There are a few of us here that will give you very helpful advice.
Who knows, maybe your scalp doesn't look as bad as your emotions make it look for you!
That is not a criticism ... Please consider what I'm suggesting.
Go ahead and post photos and don't worry about it

jamesst11
01-30-2016, 08:27 PM
James'
just step back from that and do not allow that to affect you .
No one will criticize you bro
There are a few of us here that will give you very helpful advice.
Who knows, maybe your scalp doesn't look as bad as your emotions make it look for you!
That is not a criticism ... Please consider what I'm suggesting.
Go ahead and post photos and don't worry about it

o.k.. I will. :)

Artista
01-30-2016, 08:30 PM
Great James'
This is the end of the first month of the new year!
Let's make sure that you and the rest of us are very happy in 2016 regardless of any issues.
Again you might not have serious issues bro.
Let's find out together

pixels
01-31-2016, 11:20 PM
o.k.. I will. :)

Thanks James. We all appreciate it.

I too had an old transplant and I hope Arista tells us all the answer to your question.

Arista x2 on whether or not the Pilofocus will be able to harvest grafts from anywhere on the scalp for removal and replacement of old transplant grafts.

Again thank you to James for bravery :)

pixels
01-31-2016, 11:23 PM
Arista I have a yes / no / I don't know question for the doc. Will Piloficus be the same price or cheaper than normal FUT transplants.

Will the doc share his technique freely with others so that this technique is a game changer.

Will the Pilofocus tools be cost effective so other doctors can adopt this new technique.

If the answer is no to any of these questions.

Wesley == HASCI :D

luca10
02-04-2016, 07:35 PM
If you have hair regeneration I will be the happiest in the world :)

Swooping
02-04-2016, 07:39 PM
If you have hair regeneration I will be the happiest in the world :)

http://s30.postimg.org/g09ijd7e9/2879_image1237.jpg

luca10
02-04-2016, 09:11 PM
With Acell / PRP might have better results?

iaskdumbquestions
02-04-2016, 09:15 PM
http://s30.postimg.org/g09ijd7e9/2879_image1237.jpg

i dont get what that is suppose to tell me

gchr
02-05-2016, 12:31 AM
Hi Artista,

so you can't post pics until August?

How much would this surgery cost?

on Dr. Wesley's website it shows as "Scarless Surgery", I am confused if it is already being offered

Swooping
02-05-2016, 06:05 AM
i dont get what that is suppose to tell me

This means that regeneration is already possible when you cut a hair follicle horizontally, but the problem is that it doesn't always regenerate and also the hairs grow back thinner (diameter decrease).

Dobler
02-05-2016, 08:26 AM
Hi all, I didn't really understand. Where in the world wide web is it written that Pilofocus is trying to regenerate hair?
I have look for this and didnt find..

paleocapa89
02-05-2016, 08:46 AM
But isn't it possible, that on the next anagen cycle the follicle fully regenerates and get's it's original size back? I'm just wondering. That would need a 4-8 year followup.

Artista
02-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Hello everyone,
First of all, Dr. Wesley has been too busy to really have a conversation with me this week.
Hopefully, next week he will be able to talk with me~even if it is just a few minutes.

Now just to say again, his 1st phase testings DID have completed hair regeneration on the donor areas of those phase test patients.
Again, it certainly is still anecdotal.
Hopefully it turns out to be a 'breakthrough' science (im glad to be a part of this).
Being that Dr. Wesley IS a good and sincere doctor,
he wont over-talk or make assumptions about hair regeneration as yet.
If it turns out to be a breakthrough science, he certainly will share that science with other doctors and of course,,all of US.

I have no idea as to what the costs will be,,I also dont know how much his standard hair transplantation works cost-sorry all.
I was his 2nd phase test patient on Nov. 2015...I did not have to pay for any of that being that it was/is Pilofocus phase testings.

kirklandism
02-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Hi all, I didn't really understand. Where in the world wide web is it written that Pilofocus is trying to regenerate hair?
I have look for this and didnt find..

And you won't because Dr. Wesley has never claimed that piloscopy completely regenerates donor hair. I don't know how Artista can claim that the first phase of piloscopy testing resulted in 'completed hair regeneration on the donor areas'. If there was any regeneration in the donor area, it was likely with substantially thinner hair, just like in the study cited above. Dr. Wesley has never claimed anything beyond what we already know: bisected hair follicles produce a thinner and finer result and they don't always fully cycle.

stayhopeful
02-06-2016, 12:44 AM
Hello everyone,
First of all, Dr. Wesley has been too busy to really have a conversation with me this week.
Hopefully, next week he will be able to talk with me~even if it is just a few minutes.

Now just to say again, his 1st phase testings DID have completed hair regeneration on the donor areas of those phase test patients.
Again, it certainly is still anecdotal.
Hopefully it turns out to be a 'breakthrough' science (im glad to be a part of this).
Being that Dr. Wesley IS a good and sincere doctor,
he wont over-talk or make assumptions about hair regeneration as yet.
If it turns out to be a breakthrough science, he certainly will share that science with other doctors and of course,,all of US.

I have no idea as to what the costs will be,,I also dont know how much his standard hair transplantation works cost-sorry all.
I was his 2nd phase test patient on Nov. 2015...I did not have to pay for any of that being that it was/is Pilofocus phase testings.

Bro, what kind of regeneration occurred in the first phase? What percentage? How big was the test sample? Please let us know any details! Amazing prospects with this one. I'm working on a combination topical that is natural and with no sides that will preserve hair strongly and combine that with regeneration and thicker transplant front, wow, things are really shaping up.

pixels
02-06-2016, 05:26 AM
Bro, what kind of regeneration occurred in the first phase? What percentage? How big was the test sample? Please let us know any details! Amazing prospects with this one. I'm working on a combination topical that is natural and with no sides that will preserve hair strongly and combine that with regeneration and thicker transplant front, wow, things are really shaping up.

You're working on a topical?!? We're saved!!!!

stayhopeful
02-06-2016, 11:39 AM
it actually has completely arrested my loss and strengthened me up. Why the sarcasm? Very childish

Artista
02-06-2016, 12:17 PM
StayHopeful -hi bro!!
I will comment later on today (I'm busy)
But I just wanted to say right now that you truly are staying HOPEFUL!!
All will be WELL!!!

pixels
02-06-2016, 03:51 PM
it actually has completely arrested my loss and strengthened me up. Why the sarcasm? Very childish

Because unless you can provide baseline photos and evidence you're also a unicorn ;)

Like all the people here selling hope. It's got to be backed up.

Trust me. I want what you've got if it proves to work man!!!

stayhopeful
02-06-2016, 03:53 PM
look at my new forum post i describe it there

it is science and logic. the treatment works effectively

nameless
02-06-2016, 05:12 PM
There are two big issues here:

1. Can he get regeneration without reducing the number of cycles the hair has.

2. When will it be available?

pixels
02-06-2016, 08:05 PM
look at my new forum post i describe it there

it is science and logic. the treatment works effectively

If there is baseline photos and evidence post say 6 - 12 months that'll be awesome.

stayhopeful
02-11-2016, 12:23 AM
There are two big issues here:

1. Can he get regeneration without reducing the number of cycles the hair has.

2. When will it be available?

Yes please, these are important questions, I hope someone can answer

stayhopeful
02-11-2016, 12:25 AM
StayHopeful -hi bro!!
I will comment later on today (I'm busy)
But I just wanted to say right now that you truly are staying HOPEFUL!!
All will be WELL!!!

please don't forget to answer about the regeneration bro. I can't wait to find solutions by this year. This is the year to find a real solution.

tedwuji
02-11-2016, 03:32 AM
please don't forget to answer about the regeneration bro. I can't wait to find solutions by this year. This is the year to find a real solution.

Hey guys shpuld i get a transplant now or wait for pilofocus? Please check my thread for photos of my hair. Thanks.

Artista
02-11-2016, 06:40 AM
Ted' as you know, I already posted on your thread (some others did too)
Your hair looks GOOD.
Hair transplantation , I feel, is not necessary for you at this point in time.
As I said before, you could set up a consultation with Dr. Wesley at his Pilofocus clinic there in NYC, Manhattan.
I wish my hair looked like yours Ted',,,but acceptance is important for everyone.

tedwuji
02-11-2016, 06:44 AM
Your hair looks GOOD.
As I said before, you could set up a consultation with Dr. Wesley at his clinic there in NYC, Manhattan.
I wish my hair looked like yours Ted',,,but acceptance is important for everyone.

Very true, Artista.

I am just eager to see PiloFocus in action I guess. What do you guys think? Will PiloFocus be here SOON? :)

tedwuji
02-11-2016, 06:48 AM
Your hair looks GOOD.
As I said before, you could set up a consultation with Dr. Wesley at his Pilofocus clinic there in NYC, Manhattan.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/22983-Treatment-Protocol

This is the thread Artista has mentioned. I am not sure if PiloFocus is my solution or not. Hmmm.... maybe Ill contact Dr Wesley and let you guys know if he says PiloFocus would be the best treatment for my hair. Thanks for the advice again, sir. :)

Artista
02-11-2016, 06:52 AM
Hello again Ted'
Of course Dr. Wesley's Standard Pilofocus clinic has been available for many years now.
Dr. Wesley is in the top 10 of great doctors dedicated to people's hair.
When he had started working on a new 'scarless' hair transplantation method, endoscopically, he saw that hair regeneration might be so much more plausible!!
There's no way of knowing when his 3rd phase testings will be completed.... Sorry but that's the facts right now.

tedwuji
02-11-2016, 06:58 AM
Hello again Ted'
Of course Dr. Wesley's Standard Pilofocus clinic has been available for many years now.
Dr. Wesley is in the top 10 of great doctors dedicated to people's hair.
When he had started working on a new 'scarless' hair transplantation method, endoscopically, he saw that hair regeneration might be so much more plausible!!
There's no way of knowing when his 3rd phase testings will be completed.... Sorry but that's the facts right now.

Yes, I have heard Dr Wesley is a great surgeon.

I would be happy to see if PiloFocus would fix my thinned hairline. Artista what Norwood do you think I am right now? And do you think PILOFOCUS could make me a Norwood 1 with no scar and regen?? :-O

Artista
02-11-2016, 07:14 AM
I suggest that you reread Joe Tillman's response to you on your thread.
Joe is a good guy and he is helpful.
He would not try to fool anybody.
That is why Spencer Kobren has him on the Live show every week with him.
I would have to agree that you don't need to have hair transplantation at this point in your life.
Continue to stay positive and use those available hair treatments, Biotin, minoxidil.

tedwuji
02-11-2016, 07:18 AM
I suggest that you reread Joe Tillman's response to you on your thread.
Joe is a good guy and he is helpful.
He would not try to fool anybody.
That is why Spencer Kobren has him on the Live show every week with him.
I would have to agree that you don't need to have hair transplantation at this point in your life.
Continue to stay positive and use those available hair treatments, Biotin, minoxidil.

I agree.
Do you take Biotin for your hair too?

Artista
02-11-2016, 08:36 AM
Oh yes, I have been using Biotin for a long time now.

tedwuji
02-11-2016, 08:41 AM
Oh yes, I have been using Biotin for a long time now.

What benefits has it gave? Super interesting.

Herbaliser
02-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Do you even know what biotin is?, since itīs not a multivitamin pill that goes out of your system without notice.
Think twice also regarding hair transplants, since even the best surgeon cannot make it look natural.

If the shallow society bothers you, a transplant is not the solution since itīs obvious that youīr trying to cover your own self esteem.
Hope some of you realizes how far we are willing to go to fit in, and for what?

tedwuji
02-12-2016, 01:48 PM
Do you even know what biotin is?, since itīs not a multivitamin pill that goes out of your system without notice.
Think twice also regarding hair transplants, since even the best surgeon cannot make it look natural.

If the shallow society bothers you, a transplant is not the solution since itīs obvious that youīr trying to cover your own self esteem.
Hope some of you realizes how far we are willing to go to fit in, and for what?

Tell me about Biotin. Comment on my thread please. What do you think i shoukd do?

Herbaliser
02-12-2016, 01:54 PM
To be honest my topical was not my success, it was my intake actually.
Iīm juicing everything in my system instead, including the cilantro and adding fresh rosemary leaves.

tedwuji
02-12-2016, 02:02 PM
To be honest my topical was not my success, it was my intake actually.
Iīm juicing everything in my system instead, including the cilantro and adding fresh rosemary leaves.

I think u are mentally handicapped.

Just take Propecia.

Herbaliser
02-12-2016, 02:13 PM
Tell me about Biotin. Comment on my thread please. What do you think i shoukd do?

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/vitamins-minerals/8-foods-rich-in-biotin.html
Get a slow rpm juicer like this one for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqhoJsTVPDs

Started juicing greens since April, and since then i have not experienced a simple cold for example.

Herbaliser
02-12-2016, 02:18 PM

Just take Propecia.

Ok, well then keep inhaling your pills.

Herbaliser
02-12-2016, 02:31 PM

Just take Propecia.

Could you elaborate your childish comment?

Artista
02-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Hey there Tedwuji,
Biotin is actually a B-vitamin complex, the eight B vitamins
B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12 That is why it is called a multivitamin...

"a vitamin of the B complex, found in egg yolk, liver, and yeast. It is involved in the synthesis of fatty acids and glucose"

tedwuji
02-14-2016, 10:37 AM
Hey there Tedwuji,

"a vitamin of the B complex, found in egg yolk, liver, and yeast. It is involved in the synthesis of fatty acids and glucose"

Cool

tedwuji
02-14-2016, 10:50 AM
Hey there Tedwuji,

I think I will try this.

tedwuji
02-14-2016, 10:51 AM
Could you elaborate your childish comment?

Joking Herbaliser, apologies.

s991
02-14-2016, 04:26 PM
Hey there Tedwuji,

Sorry, but you're wrong.
"Biotin, also known as vitamin H or coenzyme R,[2] is a water-soluble B-vitamin (vitamin B7)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotin

tedwuji
02-16-2016, 01:54 AM
Sorry, but you're wrong.
"Biotin, also known as vitamin H or coenzyme R,[2] is a water-soluble B-vitamin (vitamin B7)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotin

Don't challenge my friends.

s991
02-16-2016, 04:19 AM
Don't challenge my friends.

No need to.
We're all here for the same reasons and hope for the same things.
And btw i'm thankful for Artist's report

tedwuji
02-16-2016, 06:35 AM
No need to.
We're all here for the same reasons and hope for the same things.
And btw i'm thankful for Artist's report

Thata boy.

And please see my thread.

s991
02-16-2016, 07:35 AM
Thata boy.

And please see my thread.

Already seen.
I think that you really do NOT need a transplant right now ;)

stayhopeful
03-16-2016, 11:26 PM
Arista bro, any updates??? surely you can examine the donor area, no?

Does anyone have any idea when pilofocus will be commercially available for hairline repair... When is the question!

Artista
03-17-2016, 08:27 AM
Hello Stayhopeful!

At this point in time with my Phase testing and the FUE grafts,
it is now just over 4 months since the transplantation and the donor phase test.
I will be back to Dr. Wesley's clinic for an update possibly sometime in the late summer 2016
(during my vacation time).
I know for sure that Dr. Wesley needs to review my scalp and especially my donor area phase test at the one year mark this coming November 2016.
At this time, my wife and I have not yet focused on updating my hair just yet.
We haven't zoomed in on my scalp nor have we taken any photos. We will later this month, March 2016.

Just looking at my hair every day in the mirror after showering and getting ready for the day, my scalp is looking a lot better!
It all has to do with the 'Pilofocus' FUE grafts and the use of Minoxidil since November 2015!!
(I also use Biotin and Im still on Finasteride)

I do not ALLOW my hairloss to affect me nor do I ever feel any stress from that or anything else in my life!

I will update this thread on my hair later this month Stayhopeful,,thanks for your response yesterday.
Cheers to you and everyone else!!

stayhopeful
03-17-2016, 09:57 AM
Thank you very much for your response! I can't wait for your March update

Does anyone know if we could expect denser hairline with pilofocus due to increased graft survival?

I am not tremendously impressed by the most respected hairline docs fue hairlines, it always looks at least a little too thin and artificial compared to ideal

Hairismylife
03-18-2016, 09:04 PM
Hello Stayhopeful!

At this point in time with my Phase testing and the FUE grafts,
it is now just over 4 months since the transplantation and the donor phase test.
I will be back to Dr. Wesley's clinic for an update possibly sometime in the late summer 2016
(during my vacation time).
I know for sure that Dr. Wesley needs to review my scalp and especially my donor area phase test at the one year mark this coming November 2016.
At this time, my wife and I have not yet focused on updating my hair just yet.
We haven't zoomed in on my scalp nor have we taken any photos. We will later this month, March 2016.

Just looking at my hair every day in the mirror after showering and getting ready for the day, my scalp is looking a lot better!
It all has to do with the 'Pilofocus' FUE grafts and the use of Minoxidil since November 2015!!
(I also use Biotin and Im still on Finasteride)

I do not ALLOW my hairloss to affect me nor do I ever feel any stress from that or anything else in my life!

I will update this thread on my hair later this month Stayhopeful,,thanks for your response yesterday.
Cheers to you and everyone else!!

If you're using Minox, how can you say the result is from Pilofocus?

Artista
03-19-2016, 11:35 AM
Hello there, Hairismylife, I will now answer to your response from yesterday....
You said and asked:
"If you're using Minox, how can you say the result is from Pilofocus?"

Hairismylife, First of all, I never said that I yet have results to my hair !
The definition of the noun
'Result'~ is a consequence, effect, or outcome of something.

I never said that I had my hair results yet.
Reread my last posting here,
Part of what I said:
"... my scalp is looking a lot better!
It all has to do with the 'Pilofocus' FUE grafts and the use of Minoxidil since November 2015!!"

Of course a good percentage of ones hair grafts will fall out and then regrow later on.
A lower percentage of my grafts (like others) stayed in place though so
the improvements to my scalp that I have been seeing are my growing grafts AND ALSO the use of Minoxidil. Its only been a few months now and of course, my hair grafts are growing.

Now please note that, honestly speaking,
I am NOT attacking you Hairismylife. I never would.
I try to help others here with commonsense responses
(especially for the very young!).
Can you please tell me just how old you are now Hairismylife?
I am sure that I am so much older than you and because of that I do have
good foresight to help.
Many years ago now, I joined Spencer Kobren's Forum to find out exactly what it would be that I MIGHT do to improve my hair and to stop my hairloss.
Later on I had decided to accept what my hairloss was like at that time and if I every did decide to have hair transplantation work done, that I would really be careful.
Also, after learning about a couple of those possible 'new science game-changers' for hair,
I decided to 'hang around' here at BTT and also to call-in to Spencer's Live Show to talk about it all.
I wanted to also HELP others here.
There is never any reason to become worried or negative about ones hair regardless as to how it is.

Artista
03-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Hello again Stayhopeful ! Thank you bro!
To your question:
"Does anyone know if we could expect denser hairline with pilofocus due to increased graft survival?"

At this point in time,,no one can really know as yet.
Patience is certainly a virtue for all of us!

I feel that Dr. Wesley's possible new science will be a game-changer BUT we all have to step back a little from too many concerns over our hair.
At this point in time, all we can do right now is to use whats available that is proven and effective.
Acceptance is so important.
I am sure that you know that well Stayhopeful,,after all, your name here is so right!!

Artista
03-19-2016, 03:38 PM
Hope to hear back from you 2

Hubris
03-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Hello there, Hairismylife, I will now answer to your response from yesterday....
You said and asked:
"If you're using Minox, how can you say the result is from Pilofocus?"

Hairismylife, First of all, I never said that I yet have results to my hair !
The definition of the noun
'Result'~ is a consequence, effect, or outcome of something.

I never said that I had my hair results yet.
Reread my last posting here,
Part of what I said:
"... my scalp is looking a lot better!
It all has to do with the 'Pilofocus' FUE grafts and the use of Minoxidil since November 2015!!"

I have to be honest, I don't know what you're trying to get at here. I think Hairismylife was asking, how will you be able to tell whether regrowth was caused by Pilofocus or Minoxidil?

Artista
03-19-2016, 09:50 PM
To Hubris,

Of course there is 'regrowth' of my grafted hairs (via Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus)
BUT it has only been just over 4 months since the hair transplantation.
Minoxidil creates hair improvements....
Minoxidil slows and or stops hair loss and promotes a percentage of hair regrowth for a decent percentage of people!
It is the only drug which is FDA-approved to treat baldness. It also works by prolonging the growth phase of the hair follicles!!

Being that my grafts are only 4+months old now, the grafts growth phase is minor but good, Minoxidil has helped quite a bit as well..

pixels
03-20-2016, 07:29 PM
To Hubris,

Of course there is 'regrowth' of my grafted hairs (via Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus)
BUT it has only been just over 4 months since the hair transplantation.
Minoxidil creates hair improvements....
Minoxidil slows and or stops hair loss and promotes a percentage of hair regrowth for a decent percentage of people!
It is the only drug which is FDA-approved to treat baldness. It also works by prolonging the growth phase of the hair follicles!!

Being that my grafts are only 4+months old now, the grafts growth phase is minor but good, Minoxidil has helped quite a bit as well..

You're missing the point.

Can you please clarify how Dr Wesley will differentiate between a successful graft vs what is minoxidil regrowth.

It's a very simple question. And it doesn't require any formatting.

iaskdumbquestions
03-20-2016, 08:09 PM

Can you please clarify how Dr Wesley will differentiate between a successful graft vs what is minoxidil regrowth.

Actually made me laugh out loud.

champpy
03-21-2016, 02:19 AM
Actually made me laugh out loud.

Me too!! I appreciate artistas info, but the constant bolding and underlining seems so condescending in a way, lol

Hemo
03-22-2016, 07:42 AM

LOL, don't expect a clear answer to anything from Artista. Any news we get on this will have to come from Dr. Wesley, unfortunately.

Artista
03-22-2016, 07:46 AM
Sorry everybody but right now I'm on my phone..lol
There will be updates that I couldn't share but at this point in time there's nothing that I could share.
By next month I will be posting photographs of my hairline that won't give you updates on Dr. Wesley's Phase Testings as yet.
Dr. Wesley still going through his phase test patients. (20+)
I will be very specific ones I can

Artista
03-22-2016, 07:47 AM
One more thing right now on my phone lol
I really appreciate all of you guys that have understood what I've been trying to do here for everybody!!
Thank you guys!!